Options

Would Phelan have conned Owen anyway further down the line?

TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Would he have done over Owen all along? Is Gary battering him the 100% reason for Phelan keeping Owen's stake or would he have did it anyway?

Comments

• Options
    SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    I think he would. The whole deal was going to be set up by Phelan to get his revenge on Owen for taking the bike and making him pay his debts. It was a stupid storyline from the start, wny would Owen have trusted a bloke who'd already tried to con him once.
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like most of the s/l's lately, especially the ones concerning the Windy's and the Armies. Why on earth would you go anywhere near some scroat that has scammed you in the past. Owen was supposed to be an astute businessman, before he met Mrs Windy, then all his nous goes out of the window because her son and his greedy little madam daughters had pound signs in their eyes. Owen should have run for the hills the minute the dreadful Faye killed his fish.

Old Saying: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like most of the s/l's lately, especially the ones concerning the Windy's and the Armies. Why on earth would you go anywhere near some scroat that has scammed you in the past. Owen was supposed to be an astute businessman, before he met Mrs Windy, then all his nous goes out of the window because her son and his greedy little madam daughters had pound signs in their eyes. Owen should have run for the hills the minute the dreadful Faye killed his fish.

Old Saying: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me

There's actually a scientific term for it now - Phelans law. Given a choice, a WindStrong will always take the stupid option and be inexplicably surprised when it backfires. I'm writing a thesis on it.
  • Options
    Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was always going to happen whatever the plot line
  • Options
    ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting question. I think perhaps he had to real plan to scam Owen, but was more than willing to do so at any given opportunity.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel quite sorry for Pheelz, in a way. On the one hand he's got a snivelling soldier clobbering him round the head and his lousy step-father incapable of a decent days work without a tantrum - then on the other hand the mother is inviting him round, having lunch with him and throwing herself at him at any opportunity.

Talk about mixed signals.
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,975
    Forum Member
    Yes I think his aim was to con Owen somehow. Anna and Gary just made it sooner and easier for Phelan.
  • Options
    Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was always going to happen whatever the plot line

Yes and they knew what he was like, completely idiotic to go into business with him in the first place. The dumbarses! :D
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Phelan would of conned Owen if Gary hadent of hit him