Kate Gosselin

2»

Comments

• tiddlebootiddleboo Posts: 1,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is she famous for please? I don't know her so had no preconceptions.

But I really don't like her from what I have seen on DWTS. I feel a bit sorry for her when she performs, but I think were I Tony I would have decked her by now. Poor cow, does she realise how she comes across I wounder? Is she really always this way?
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    She's a reality show star (Kate plus 8) - has 8 kids and has cameras following her around all the time. That's her only claim to fame really! I believe she had 2 kids first and then had sextuplets hence the reality show. She's just got divorced and now her ex is trying for custody of the kids.
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reality show that she was on followed her and her family, a set of twins and then sextuplets. The kids are absolutely precious. It showed life with multiples and how every thing has to be planned like an assembly line. Watching them get dressed and get a meal and a bath would wear you out. Kate is very controlling and had to do everything her way and was completely in charge. As they became more famous and got money from the show the relationship strain started to show. There were many scenes where she would belittle her husband and you could witness the marriage raveling. It was like watching a trainwreck and her popularity grew as she became the woman you love to hate.

This is the beginning where they explain how they came to have 8 kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebqxFJxUvpw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interview where she talks about the judges, her life and DWTS. She looks exhausted.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/36457523#36457523
    Forum Member
    Announcement that she is going to co-host ET:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGbDUw4kRO8
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a big fan of this woman can't stand her, parents who exploit their innocent kids for fame and money is low/desperate imo and I have no respect for Kate at all!....she complains about the press, well Kate if you didn't sell yourself short and continued with your regular life and wh*ring out yourself and those poor kids and you should have known what you were letting yourself in for...don't feel sorry for her at all and she's been made out to be some saint, poster child for single mothers, yeah right....her dancing is pretty wooden and the other professional dancers must be relieved not to have her...I'm surprised she's still in, she needs to go, so poor tony can escape her!...sooner or later her 15 mins of fame will be up xo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_h786 wrote: »
    Not a big fan of this woman can't stand her, parents who exploit their innocent kids for fame and money is low/desperate imo and I have no respect for Kate at all!....she complains about the press, well Kate if you didn't sell yourself short and continued with your regular life and wh*ring out yourself and those poor kids and you should have known what you were letting yourself in for...don't feel sorry for her at all and she's been made out to be some saint, poster child for single mothers, yeah right....her dancing is pretty wooden and the other professional dancers must be relieved not to have her...I'm surprised she's still in, she needs to go, so poor tony can escape her!...sooner or later her 15 mins of fame will be up xo

*was meant to say instead of wh*ring yourself out (along with the father) and those poor kids

apologies everyone! i was typing on my BB thats why it didn't make sense lol!
    Forum Member
    I think we got the general idea:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Force Ten wrote: »
    I think we got the general idea:D

Lol oopsie! Apologies everyone!

Just read those other articles, blooming heck she acts like right diva don't she!? And thinks she's some huge star!...looks like someone is getting too big for their boots too and needs a reality check....watched a clip where Kate was being such a cow to Tony, she was delibaretely being difficult to work with! And says I don't know?! I bet Tony really wishes he quit for good not staged it for the cameras!...xo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew this would happen. I have been reading that there is some power voting going on. Hopefully the madness will stop when a good dancer goes before she does and people wake up. She is a trainwreck so of course there is an intense interest in seeing what she does next but I would hate the morbid interest in her ruin it for the others who have more talent and personality.

Luckily this guy is not very popular the way. Letterman, Leno and J. Kimmel rule late night.

http://www.lopeztonight.com/keepkate/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    George Lopez explains. Transcript from Larry King.
    KING: Conan O'Brien's the guest from his set. Let's switch to a few hot comedy topics. Kate Gosselin, she is competing on "Dancing With the Stars." What are your thoughts about Kate?

LOPEZ: Larry, I have to tell you, I have never enjoyed anything more than Kate Gosselin dancing on "Dancing With the Stars." I went in person a week ago. It is a train wreck you cannot turn away from. Ketel One -- I don't know why she bothers to train. Ketel One is the secret to her rhythm and her dancing feet you. You think someone with such a talented cervix and hip area could be able to gyrate and keep a rhythm.

KING: You -- you're giving it a thumbs-down.

LOPEZ: No. I'm giving her the thumbs-up. I was on Twitter. I follow you on Twitter, by the way. I'm on Twitter. And I want everybody to vote to keep Kate Gosselin on "Dancing With the Stars." Last night, I watched with my wife, my daughter, the dogs in the bed. It was like a Norman Rockwell painting. Only Kate Gosselin has been able to make that happen in my house. I'm not ready for that to end.
    Forum Member
    This is turning into John Sergeant Mark II if people are actually being encouraged by the media to vote for her. If he hadn't pulled out who knows what would have happened? I sincerely hope the same thing doesn't happen on DWTS as I doubt she's going to pull out.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »
    George Lopez explains. Transcript from Larry King.

That is bad news :(
    So the other ones who are putting their our of trainning and also enjoying doing have to be eliminate because this silly press going on to vote for her.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Force Ten wrote: »
    This is turning into John Sergeant Mark II if people are actually being encouraged by the media to vote for her. If he hadn't pulled out who knows what would have happened? I sincerely hope the same thing doesn't happen on DWTS as I doubt she's going to pull out.:(

Agree with you FT.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could see her outlasting Niecy and Jake. After that if any of the others go before her there will be a riot. The judges will start getting mean and even CA and Bruno will need to pull out their 3 paddles. The controversy always drives ratings. What would be a victory is if the ratings stay high after she leaves.
    Forum Member
    They tried that with John Sergeant and all that happened was that a large proportion of the voting public started voting against the judges rather than for a good dancer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I happened to be flipping channels and saw the new episode of Kate plus 8 where they follow her every move. This was during the time that she was on DWTS and she was complete basket case crying. She would say she wasn't able to sleep and was falling asleep in the limo on the way to practice. Her manager telling she needed to focus and make decisions. Kate was telling him to call Tony to say that she was too tired and needed to sleep. Her schedule was brutal and in the clips of her and Tony he was much more understanding and patient with her than we ever saw in the clips on DWTS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam Carolla challenges Kate Gosselin to a dance-off!

http://www.popeater.com/2010/06/12/adam-carolla-kate-gosselin-dance-off/

His humor is dripping with sarcasm and irreverence. Funny if you like like that sort of thing. Imagine him standing before Craig after he did the walk of shame over to the judges table?