Options

TWS 10th Birthday Special: Thurs 9 Sep, 8pm, Channel 5

ToadieTheLawmanToadieTheLawman Posts: 3,366
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The Wright Stuff 10th Birthday Special
Anniversary edition of Matthew Wright's topical debate show, looking back at highlights from the past 10 years of the programme. Featuring celebrity contributors, archive footage and special guests.

This seems interesting. Bringing back some memories

Comments

• Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    I'll be watching. Not sure how this show is going to fair in primetime but it is certainly the best programme on in the daytime. Hard to believe it's been on the air for 10 years - that's flown by!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    bet Waterloo Rd are quaking in their boots...
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's quite a feat to have reached ten years.

The Wright Stuff is still relatively hidden on Channel Five's morning TV schedule, but it's a good show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CSHY wrote: »
    Unlikely. :D

I don't think this one has been designed to be a huge ratings winner. But if it boosts numbers for the daytime showing then I'm sure they'll be happy!
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    A bit odd for the scheduling but whatever. They should move the show to the Live from Studio Five slot and make it a proper contender for The One Show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSHY wrote: »

maybe so..:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bump!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone else watching? Good fun so far. :D
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Anyone else watching? Good fun so far. :D

Yep, enjoying it :)

I think an evening version would be a possibility, even if it was just one programme a week. It's cheap to make and fits the kind of celeb bill that Richard Desmond will want to have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my fave clips, and the second most-viewed on TWStuff (the most is a discussion about Frankie Boyle's Rebecca Adlington joke):

Do you fancy a bum?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa_JpJJSFMA
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LOL. Doubt they'll show that one tonight! Was that for Balls of Steel?

Have they used any of your clips tonight or are they all their own captures?
  • Options
    mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice idea to have a 10 years evening show for TWS. They're getting the audience involved too now , hope they keep doing that for the last 20 minutes.

I bet MW did fancy a bum !
    :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    I'm watching. I watch the daytime version whenever my shift patterns allow me to do so. It is almost like a tv version of DS...(General Discussion) with lively debates and discussions about various topics of the day....and it sure beats watching Jeremy Kyle on t'other side! Happy 10th Birthday TWS.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange watching him now at night time.
    And he said good morning when a caller phoned in LOL.
  • Options
    c0boc0bo Posts: 6,468
    Forum Member
    Does anybody know if this Wright Stuff Anniversary show will be on Demand Five?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Twice! Easy mistake to make I suppose when you've been doing a morning show for 10 years. :D

Great celebration of the show with some very funny clips. Happy 10th Birthday Wright Stuff. :)

Shame they didn't get to speak to the lovely Amanda Lamb though. :o

Good to see Miriam Stoppard in the audience- haven't seen her on the show in a very long time. I heard she wasn't too well a while back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Didn't actually mean to watch this, honest!
    One of the ad break questions was how many audience members have there been since it started. Apparently only 50,000. That's way too low surely for a show that's on 5 days a week most of the year, for the last ten years? I know the audience is small, but even so...
  • Options
    mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched it, and did mean too!... I really like the show and watch it whenever i can, There is a very small audience each morning so the total didn't surprise me, it's not broadcast from the O2!......;)
  • Options
    RuthLess_AntRuthLess_Ant Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    I want to watch it on Demand five later
    http://www3.five.tv/thewrightstuffonfive/
  • Options
    EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, who cares? If it had huge audience figures, the chances of an idiot getting through on the phone would increase (even though that can be entertaining), as would the chances of someone in the audience getting offended at something!

I only watch it occasionally myself because I'm away in the mornings!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That happened a couple of times :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL. Doubt they'll show that one tonight! Was that for Balls of Steel?

Have they used any of your clips tonight or are they all their own captures?

That was Balls of Steel, and they'll use their own footage. You can tell when they use Youtube clips as they're always fairly lousy by the time they make it to air.
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they only showed footage from the Princess era, nothing from when Anglia produced the show.

Nice to see Kirsty doing vox pops, this was key to the old Anglia show in 2000.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to see Miriam Stoppard in the audience- haven't seen her on the show in a very long time. I heard she wasn't too well a while back.

I've quite got the hots for Miriam Stoppard, even if she is about 72. Shame they've cut back on a lot of the features, including hers, so they only have a TV review section now, which used to be Ian Hyland's once they eventually brought him back, but now is Kevin O'Sullivan who I don't like as he seems to love everything, so where is the 'critic' in his criticism?? Hence, Hyland seems to have been dumped a second time. And that segment itself gets dumped when they have the book segments.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I'm not talking about the number of people watching at home. It's the people sitting in the studio! And ok you're right, who cares but I couldn't care less about most of the threads on here, so I don't comment on them! Still I think if you do the maths it doesn't add up.