Andre's "suffering" (part 2)

Comments

• nerdgirlfromthek83nerdgirlfromthek83 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kat_12 wrote: »
    Well, he's definitely not bringing in any "hits". The albums may make money, but it won't be a fortune, given the chart positions of his "songs".

Incidentally, I saw an advert for PA's tour the other day. Five night at Butlins Minehead in the summer. Yep, he's a modern day Michael Jackson for sure.

Butlin - oh man that gotta hurt the ego!

Oh does Claire help him in anyway with his music or just does PR for him?
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Emily and Peter said early Feb in their OK interview in December.

I won't disagree with you..as I said I'd read an interview where he said she will be 81/2 months Xmas day .. Then again when asked on loose women he didn't know how far pregnant she was ;-)
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but the 'plans' Peter is being criticised for making (ie the P&S premiere & promo) were part of his work. He hasn't been travelling the world so far and when he does he says he will take them along with him. Like Sense though :cool:;-):)

Noooooo...I don't think that is the case. All that has been said, over and over again, is one thing:

1. What the bloody hell is he taking paternity leave from?

The poster you quoted merely stated that most people, as in, the majority of people in that situation, do not make plans to travel the globe within a short period of time after the birth of a child.

Which is not the same as questioning what the big old OMWing dramallama has to take time off from...unless it means he won't be alerting the press to his every random thought, fart and lie for the forth coming period of paternity.

Which will be truly awe-inspiring if it does happen. He may need therapy and the support (silent, so's not to encourage him back too soon) of his fans to cope with it.
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Butlins, Plymouth, Southend but then also Blackpool Opera House, Royal Albert Hall, Nottingham Royal Concert Hall ... As long as he has paying audiences I think his ego can stand it.

CAN announced last year they had set up a Music division headed by John Black but haven't heard much since. Assume he's filling the role Nev used to have working on tours etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noooooo...I don't think that is the case. All that has been said, over and over again, is one thing:

1. What the bloody hell is he taking paternity leave from?

The poster you quoted merely stated that most people, as in, the majority of people in that situation, do not make plans to travel the globe within a short period of time after the birth of a child.

Which is not the same as questioning what the big old OMWing dramallama has to take time off from...unless it means he won't be alerting the press to his every random thought, fart and lie for the forth coming period of paternity.

Which will be truly awe-inspiring if it does happen. He may need therapy and the support (silent, so's not to encourage him back too soon) of his fans to cope with it.

Well I've said a couple of times that the specific work he's taking a short break from and is going back to shortly is recording his new album. I think the only drama about it is on the thread :)
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat_12 wrote: »
    Well, he's definitely not bringing in any "hits". The albums may make money, but it won't be a fortune, given the chart positions of his "songs".

Incidentally, I saw an advert for PA's tour the other day. Five night at Butlins Minehead in the summer. Yep, he's a modern day Michael Jackson for sure.

These albums are the equivalent of vanity publishing. After the studio, hired help and production costs, I doubt he makes any money on them. Which is why he's now including them in the price of his ticket sales.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't disagree with you..as I said I'd read an interview where he said she will be 81/2 months Xmas day .. Then again when asked on loose women he didn't know how far pregnant she was ;-)

It was Emily that said early Feb so I have more confidence in that being right Betty ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I've said a couple of times that the specific work he's taking a short break from and is going back to shortly is recording his new album. I think the only drama about it is on the thread :)

So...no work then. Good, glad we cleared that up. Let's see how many times he pops up over the next three weeks.

Remember, silent support or he may feel like he has to respond.

He does to most things that get pointed out on here. Bless him and his OMW-ing ways.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    These albums are the equivalent of vanity publishing. After the studio, hired help and production costs, I doubt he makes any money on them. Which is why he's now including them in the price of his ticket sales.

Can you imagine - I wonder if you have to download it to get it - that way it could appear in the charts...

:o
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How very magnanimous.
    I wonder how much of the actual song was "written" by PA and how much is down to Steve Appleton?
    Presumably PA supplied the title and left the rest to everyone else while he went for a nice lie down, or as PA calls it, paternity leave.
    "Change a word, get a third" as the saying goes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So...no work then. Good, glad we cleared that up. Let's see how many times he pops up over the next three weeks.

Remember, silent support or he may feel like he has to respond.

He does to most things that get pointed out on here. Bless him and his OMW-ing ways.

Whatevs :p

I expect his New column will appear as normal because that's just a short phone call and that Entrago will be able to keep his Channel ticking over because they clearly pre-record some segments. But I hope he has some quality time with Em and Amelia for a couple of weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paternity leave... what from talking and filming himself every hour of every ****** day on his fansite, what a great job, where do I sign
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was Emily that said early Feb so I have more confidence in that being right Betty ;-)

She would know better than him ;-) so I'm inclined to agree with you
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It always changes to whatever yarn hes spinning ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatevs :p

I expect his New column will appear as normal because that's just a short phone call and that Entrago will be able to keep his Channel ticking over because they clearly pre-record some segments. But I hope he has some quality time with Em and Amelia for a couple of weeks.

That would be up to him, surely? So, if he doesn't, it will because he has chosen to make something else the priority.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Think she just rubs his feet for him when they get cold :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Andre say he funds his own albums ...
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Andre say he funds his own albums ...

And probably funds the purchase of most of them ;-)
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wembley must have been fully booked:)
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    Wembley must have been fully booked:)

Wembley, Southend - not that much of a difference ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    And probably funds the purchase of most of them ;-)

His reality show used to film him receiving the latest chart result of his newest hit. I bet they bought most of them. As there was no filming this time it looks as if Claire didn't bother to get the staff to download Kid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've no idea how the OK shoot fits in or how far ahead those kind of things are arranged. Doesn't sound like it's a 6 month full on tour for the film - more that over a 6 month period he'll be involved in going abroad at certain points to be involved in the promotion accompanied by Emily and Amelia. From his interview on Weekend Wogan it sounds like recording the album is his next priority and he apologised to Stevie for having to take a break. I do agree about babies not coming when you expect but it's a dilemma a lot of parents face if they need to make work arrangements close to the birth, not unique to Peter and Emily.

If hes not on the sound track of this film, what exactly will he be promoting in the states :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    If hes not on the sound track of this film, what exactly will he be promoting in the states :confused:

I doubt the actors doing the voices will spend 6 months promoting the film. The have other real jobs to get back to, unlike PA who seems to have time in his "busy" schedule to fit it in.

Perhaps he hopes the song will be a chart hit in the states:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    I doubt the actors doing the voices will spend 6 months promoting the film. The have other real jobs to get back to, unlike PA who seems to have time in his "busy" schedule to fit it in.

Perhaps he hopes the song will be a chart hit in the states:confused:

Lets hope so, then he will move there :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cym wrote: »

Is he going to the US? I remember he said he'd got the opportunity to promote it overseas and mentioned some countries but don't think the US was one of them. May be wrong though :)
This discussion has been closed.