Options

[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Comments

• Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Yeah thats why i felt bad for Kenya when that comment about the sperm banks was made it really hit her hard and maybe it was only then she realised that no one actually likes her it is horrible because at the end of the day Kenya is Playing for the cameras she knows how to create drama but have fun with it where as NeNe and especially Phaedra hit below the belt and Kenya only does that when she is being attacked i cant blame her.
    No she doesn't. That has been Kenya's MO from the beginning and why Nene and Phaedra hit below back.

As much as she might see it as 'fun' and 'entertaining' she has no boundaries as to where she goes to win her petty rivalries. There's 'playing for the camera' but when you hit the other constantly below the belt and revel in the glory of their personal misfortunes then you get it back.

When you try to create problems in a marriage for the sake of story. When you accuse a guy of being a gay stalking abuser because he won't follow the storyline you want him to follow. When you say a person deserves to be going through a messy divorce because they once called you Miss America. When you go round telling everyone you hope a person goes to jail because he turned you down.

And when you go round attacking people for being impregnated by an ex con and cast aspersions about them having AIDS then what do you expect that person to say in retaliation when you are scouring the sperm banks.

Phaedra seriously went below the belt with that comment but this was to a women who has stooped to taking every bit of misfortune any of the women who have slighted her and use it as a stick to hit them with.

The only difference is when Phaedra hits below the belt, she very clear it's from a place of anger. Kenya...well her supporters excuse it as 'entertainment'. Sort of if they keep saying it enough they genuinely believe it.

Kenya is clearly a person who lacks the ability to understand the difference between very real issues and frivilous entertainment. And thinks it's perfectly acceptable to use the latter for the former.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what i have read about the Porsha one on one it sounds like NeNe and Phaedra have been in her ear to bash Kenya and Cynthia she sounds like a puppet.
    I saw it. Didn't come across like that at all.

I suppose this is my point about Kenya. And what Phaedra and Porsha say about Kenya's approach to the show being very different to the other women's.

That is a very 'Kenya' comment to make. This idea that people really act in this weird 'tv way' where people ring up and pull strings and tell their puppets what to say. As opposed to the more real scenario of Porsha just saying what she thinks.

I mean why would Porsha need Nene or Phaedra to whisper in her ears. She's never got on with Kenya and it's been pretty plain that although Cynthia was her first pal on the show they don't and have never really connected.
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »
    The only difference is when Phaedra hits below the belt, she very clear it's from a place of anger. Kenya...well her supporters excuse it as 'entertainment'. Sort of if they keep saying it enough they genuinely believe it.

Oh, I genuinely believe it, she entertains the hell outta me. #ByeFelicia :D
  • Options
    Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »

I'm right there with ya dasiesfan! :D
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what i have read about the Porsha one on one it sounds like NeNe and Phaedra have been in her ear to bash Kenya and Cynthia she sounds like a puppet.

This is why I turned it off as soon as she turned on Cynthia for no reason.

This recap of the reunion is all kinds of amazing -

http://www.realitytea.com/2014/05/05/real-housewives-of-atlanta-reunion-part-3-recap-20000-checks-and-balances/

This bit in particular sums Kenya up for me:
    Kenya has no response because she refuses to roll around in the mud with pigs anymore.

And here in lies Kenya's problem. She will always issue the first the low-blow. She goes into a situation with ill-intentions trying to make someone look as bad as possible but then she cries victim when they retaliate. In reality Kenya is the one making the mud, crawling in there, begging you to get in with her, splashing you with the mud and then crying foul when you push her over in her own muck. Andy asks her if she's leaving the show. She answers with an epic silence. I think Kenya is drowning in her own mud and it is clear as crystal that no one on that stage, including Andy, can stand her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's fine.

Ironically it's always the one's who use the 'entertainment' excuse who then act like martyrs and sit on pious pedestals of disgust, wagging their finger at others when done to them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    Did she turn on Cynthia for 'no reason'?

I mean Cynthia was the one who played up the bull and stirred a lot over Porsha supposedly calling her and Nene lesbians.

Cynthia dropped Porsha's charity after they had spent a lot of resources with her story as to why (as shown on the show) being very different to Porsha's side of events as she has told it.

And also the minute Kordell invested in one of Peters business, Peter and Cynthia who were very quiet on Porsha's situation started having an opinion and calling Porsha out. If anything Porsha was the first person to say what Nene is saying. She's mentioned before how Cynthia suddenly changed with her attitude towards her the minute Kordell and Peter went into business together.

There has always been tensions and issues between Cynthia and Porsha.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did she turn on Cynthia for 'no reason'?

I mean Cynthia was the one who played up the bull and stirred a lot over Porsha supposedly calling her and Nene lesbians.

Cynthia dropped Porsha's charity after they had spent a lot of resources with her story as to why (as shown on the show) being very different to Porsha's side of events as she has told it.

And also the minute Kordell invested in one of Peters business, Peter and Cynthia who were very quiet on Porsha's situation started having an opinion and calling Porsha out. If anything Porsha was the first person to say what Nene is saying. She's mentioned before how Cynthia suddenly changed with her attitude towards her the minute Kordell and Peter went into business together.

There has always been tensions and issues between Cynthia and Porsha.

It may have happened after I turned off but did Porsha call her out on any of those things? If so then I support Porsha on that... Taking issue with Cynthia saying that she felt Porsha was provoked but not attacked by Kenya was what I didn't like.

When the initial fight happened I felt sympathy for Porsha because I did feel that Kenya went OTT with the props and the cheating on Kordell comment, but having seen Porsha give numerous interviews over the past week my sympathy for her is wearing thin... She has come across as totally unable to own her actions and take any responsibility for what she did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This recap of the reunion is all kinds of amazing -

http://www.realitytea.com/2014/05/05/real-housewives-of-atlanta-reunion-part-3-recap-20000-checks-and-balances/
    Best recap ever!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the initial fight happened I felt sympathy for Porsha because I did feel that Kenya went OTT with the props and the cheating on Kordell comment, but having seen Porsha give numerous interviews over the past week my sympathy for her is wearing thin... She has come across as totally unable to own her actions and take any responsibility for what she did.
    See I dunno, I did think that to begin with but it was based on the superficial.

She's playing it in the way everyone who had sympathy for her saw it. But because she's not crying this time suddenly everything's changed.... but when actually thinking about it, it hasn't.

She's quite forthright and almost arrogant in her 'I am sorry for my behaviour but will only apologise if Kenya accepts her part' but that is what I also thought when she was sobbing so just because she isn't anymore doesn't mean my opinion has changed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See I dunno, I did think that to begin with but it was based on the superficial.

She's playing it in the way everyone who had sympathy for her saw it. But because she's not crying this time suddenly everything's changed.... but when actually thinking about it, it hasn't.

She's quite forthright and almost arrogant in her 'I am sorry for my behaviour but will only apologise if Kenya accepts her part' but that is what I also thought when she was sobbing so just because she isn't anymore doesn't mean my opinion has changed.

I was referring more to her now alleging that Kordell was physically abusive as a way to justify what happened with Kenya.

I'm not going to say that I think Porsha is lying but the cynical side of me thinks that the timing of her revealing the abuse is a bit odd... The video for her new single features domestic violence scenes in it and she's started saying that Kordell abused her as part of her promotional interviews for the single. And now using Kordell abusing as part of her reason for why she snapped with Kenya.

If she is telling the truth then I'm very sorry she went through that, I've been through it myself and it's horrible, but if it is true then something about the timing of her revealing it doesn't sit right with me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    I for one am glad this Atlanta reunion is over. Its been a gruelling season. You could say it started with Nene's spinoff and won't end until we see Kandi get married but I am very nearly done haha I need a break from them all :kitty: Phaedra can certainly come out with hilarious reads but what she said to Kenya was very harsh. Phaedra is VERY intelligent and I cannot think of another housewife across the franchise would be better in a war of words. Nene was a mess but I know I found it very entertaining tbh :D The level of delusion in her mind is sort of tragic but she does realise her sparring with Kenya is great television. For next year I think they should kick Porsha off and add a new ally for Nene so we have Kenya/Cynthia, Phaedra/Kandi and Nene/New Housewife. Thats what I want in my mind but I can actually see them getting rid of Porsha and Phaedra. The drama has got nasty between Phaedra/Apollo and Kenya and they are not going to fire Kenya. Oh and speaking of Apollo he was just disgusting last night. Am I the only one thinking he was on something? If I were Phaedra I would be wishing he goes to jail just to get away from him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimkam_kim wrote: »
    The drama has got nasty between Phaedra/Apollo and Kenya and they are not going to fire Kenya. Oh and speaking of Apollo he was just disgusting last night. Am I the only one thinking he was on something? If I were Phaedra I would be wishing he goes to jail just to get away from him.

I thought he may have been too. It was the close up of his face/upper body that made him look a little off. When he took his jacket off I thought he was going to charge her, that's what his demeanor was giving off. I didn't see a reason for the pointing and stuff.

I didn't think Cynthia and Porsha had a problem. I though it was Porsha and Cynthia's wife that had the problem.
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phaedra's comment is getting so much praise on the web but dissing sperm donation in that way is such an insult to every woman who went to a sperm bank for whatever reason she needed to. Phaedra's Southern Belle mask is the biggest crock of BS ever. She's probably one of the trashiest there.

She and Apollo are obsessed with Kenya at this point, Kenya should have pulled a Joanna Krupa "Why are you so obsessed with me" comment although I guess she does discuss Apollo on TV shows so it might be hypocritical.

Once again I can't with them giving Christopher Williams a pass on couples night and Nene giving a lame apology for her comments regarding Brandon. Such a joke.

They do need a new cast member and I've always wanted Kandi and Phaedra to be broken up but I feel Phaedra will be back like a bad penny again next season.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Apollo looked like he was high and drunk his eyes were glazed. As For NeNe denying she has ever done drugs..... LOL..sure NeNe..sure :p You just have to look at her behaviour at the pillow talk she was taking so fast and the pacing up and down just made it more obvious but thats my opinion. Also there were reports at the time that 'sources' i.e producers said they thought she was on something.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Phaedra's comment is getting so much praise on the web but dissing sperm donation in that way is such an insult to every woman who went to a sperm bank for whatever reason she needed to. Phaedra's Southern Belle mask is the biggest crock of BS ever. She's probably one of the trashiest there.

She and Apollo are obsessed with Kenya at this point, Kenya should have pulled a Joanna Krupa "Why are you so obsessed with me" comment although I guess she does discuss Apollo on TV shows so it might be hypocritical.

Once again I can't with them giving Christopher Williams a pass on couples night and Nene giving a lame apology for her comments regarding Brandon. Such a joke.

They do need a new cast member and I've always wanted Kandi and Phaedra to be broken up but I feel Phaedra will be back like a bad penny again next season.

Depends if Apollo goes to prison because i think there is going to be alot of dirt coming out soon I defo think Phaedra was involved somehow so IF she was involved then i cant see her staying on the show as it will just magnify the situation and will she want that? I dont buy her southern belle charm either anymore she is as Rachet a they come her mask slips all the time her calling Kenya a **** all the time just proves it.
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    For the good of the show, I'd personally have:

Nene - Kandi - Phaedra - Kenya - Shereé - New Wife - Marlo (Cynthia as Recurring Housewife)

Nene, even though she's had a bad season, should come back for at least one more to kind of wrap up her stay on the show. Kandi is an obvious returnee, as is Phaedra, as no doubt Apollo's legal woes will be a big talking point next season. Kenya is a half and half, as I think that she'll bring the drama again, but if it's another season of obvious fictional storylines with her then I'd axe her. A lot of people have been saying that they want Marlo on the main cast. I think they should; if not for half the season just to see what she's like as a full-timer. If Shereé is indeed returning then obviously a Main Cast role, and then a new Housewife just to add some new juice to the mix. I'm guessing Cynthia will return for a recurring appearance just to see where things go between her and Nene.
  • Options
    XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Quoted for truth! :D Is it just me or is anyone else dying to be able to throw that in a sentence somewhere........#ByeFelicia! :D

I live!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Bye Felicia" used to make me laugh before Kenya started using it, but she managed to suck all the humour out of it.

I've already said that I felt Phaedra's sperm bank comments were below the belt, and they were, but it was no worse than Kenya's AIDs test comment from the last reunion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked this episode of Orange County even though there wasn't much going on.

We got to see a better side to Shannon & Davids relationship which was nice.

Brooks seemed so different this time around. A lot more likable. Maybe Tamra was right, he was just previously nervous in front of the cameras. I hope it's plain sailing for them two this season because I can't be bothered with their on/off relationship. Seriously though, did Vicki really say he was the 'bomb dot com'? LOL! Who says that?

I can't believe the producers showed Tamra agreeing with Danielle saying her daughter Sophia was on the stripper path too, and that her favourite saying was Hoochie Mumma, given her current situation.

Heather's thesaurus/synonym shade was hysterical. I think Vicki genuinely gets annoyed with Heather, she has said so over the past two seasons, whereas Tamra is clearly trying to pick a fight over nothing. I did laugh at Tamra giving her the finger last week though and calling Vicki over to her with a disgusted look, it was so childish.

Danielle, the new 'friend', was clearly very nervous in front of the camera. You could tell it in her voice and in her body language. When Heather was telling the story you could see in her face she was waiting for Heather to finish so she could give a natural laugh without looking weird or rude. I hope she loosens up though, it's probably just because she's new to the cameras unlike Lizzie.

At first I found Lizzie annoying but by the end of the episode she was cracking me up with her "I'm like, 'hi, I'm Lizzie'" *waves like an excited child rather than elegant beauty queen*.

The scene at Vicki's work was quite funny. LOL at Vicki allowing them 4 hours off work to sleep -how generous of her. I think she's really a nice boss behind the cameras. Her reaction to the girl sleeping at work was hilarious.

Next week it looks like things finally start to ignite between the women. Mainly, Vicki & Lizzie...and it looks like the Heather/Shannon stuff begins next week too.
  • Options
    Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was the best RHOA reunion ever infact across the franchise. It made me laugh and nene owning andy -not even Jill Zarin, Teresa or Alexis could get away with that. I reckon and hope Nene stays given she is the original.
    Rhoa brought it but I wish reunion was longer. You just can't make this stuff up.

Roll on RHONJ.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I preferred last years reunion. It seemed a lot more fun and the insults were actually funny last time, most of them were anyway.

Uhm...I wonder how this will effect Porsha place on the show. Yikes, talk about inconvenient timing. Also, read that bish Cynthia. More of this Cynthia, please.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/06/real-housewives-of-atlanta-porsha-williams-cynthia-bailey-gay-rant/
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kenya and Nene seemed so worn out by the end of that reunion, to be honest I found last year better, this was unnecessarily vicious from all except Cynthia and Kandi.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I preferred last years reunion. It seemed a lot more fun and the insults were actually funny last time, most of them were anyway.

Uhm...I wonder how this will effect Porsha place on the show. Yikes, talk about inconvenient timing. Also, read that bish Cynthia. More of this Cynthia, please.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/06/real-housewives-of-atlanta-porsha-williams-cynthia-bailey-gay-rant/

I'm just surprised that the video is becoming news now... It's been on YouTube for 3 years and it's been circulating on other sites for a good while, I'd be surprised if Bravo didn't already know about it, possibly even before they hired her - and if they didn't then they should do better research.

However, now that it is getting press attention Bravo may fire her.