Options

Under Offer : Estate Agents On The Job

Comments

• Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Kevin Costner of estate agents. PMSL.

Not him, the guy flogging the million pounders.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »

Gazza to all his mates. And that would be none.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aye thats him.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Heheh :D
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes gorgeous Eileen.

Eileen is lovely. She could come around to measure up my place any time.
  • Options
    RandomArbiterRandomArbiter Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    Notice how the Irish girl and another in her office wears an ultra short skirt.... must earn the commission
  • Options
    Forum Member
    what annoys me is that the guy who made £100,000 off that Chelsea flat - it would take 5 years to earn what he did in a day
  • Options
    JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what annoys me is that the guy who made £100,000 off that Chelsea flat - it would take 5 years to earn what he did in a day

What annoys me are remarks like that. If you can do it, go ahead and get a job like his and earn the money yourself. If you can't do it, don't be bitter about people who can :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What annoys me are remarks like that. If you can do it, go ahead and get a job like his and earn the money yourself. If you can't do it, don't be bitter about people who can :)

Ditto.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notice how the Irish girl and another in her office wears an ultra short skirt.... must earn the commission

The cameraman spent an awful long time focusing in on her legs......which wasn't a bad thing:p:D
  • Options
    DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah the Cotswolds may be cliquey and probably a bit racist but give me that over dirty London anyday. Stunning views and countryside.

Yes Eileene (sp?) is a fox.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Smart girls, I'd do exactly the same :blush:
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    She gets 20% over anything over 190 grand on top of her basic salary. That's pretty good.

Surely that depends on how much commission she earns? If she only earns £192k each 6 months it's not much.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    hansue wrote: »
    Dont Agents check on rented properties these days. They shouldnt be allowed to get in this state.

They aren't allowed in I don't think unless the tenants let them in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They aren't allowed in I don't think unless the tenants let them in.

They are if they give written notification.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wasn`t just a day though was it? Finding the right place at the right price, buying it, stripping and renovating it all takes time and money. And as he does it for a living he`s gonna be paying a chunk of that in tax.

Eileen is a dish. And she knows it.......
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely that depends on how much commission she earns? If she only earns £192k each 6 months it's not much.

If the estate agent charges 2% then you'd have to sell about £10m worth of property to get the £192k commission. If they get 20% of the commission above that then selling a pokey £500,000 studio flat will earn them £1000 - which isn't bad for flashing a bit of leg.

Also remember that if they don't make their target then they'll be out of the door immediately.
  • Options
    Forum Member

that's the problem, isn't it? We can't all do it because we don't have the initial capital to actually spend on rundown properties in prime locations in the first place. And he said himself, the properties are bought in bulk, so that's a lot of capital required before rennovations.

It if were as simple as "getting a job like this", of course we'd all be doing it. But it's not skillset, but how much money you (or investors/Mum and Dad) have already. Another words: the rich getting richer, the poor kept in their place, which you seem to be supporting with your comment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    that's the problem, isn't it? We can't all do it because we don't have the initial capital to actually spend on rundown properties in prime locations in the first place. And he said himself, the properties are bought in bulk, so that's a lot of capital required before rennovations.

It if were as simple as "getting a job like this", of course we'd all be doing it. But it's not skillset, but how much money you (or investors/Mum and Dad) have already. Another words: the rich getting richer, the poor kept in their place, which you seem to be supporting with your comment.

Not necessarily. He could have started off small by getting a loan to buy his first place and then gradually built up his portfolio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What the show does illustrate is how foreign buyers are destroying local people from buying their own property. Hong Kong had this probably for years, before finally controls and heavy taxes were put in place. In London the problem is exacerbated because it is the global "go to" place, all over the world.

It's not right that a foreign buyer with minimal links to Britain can just snap up a property, let alone artificially hike up the price, whilst locals go without or have to move away from their home town.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not necessarily. He could have started off small by getting a loan to buy his first place and then gradually built up his portfolio.

properties are bought in bulk

If you look at the founder's linkedin page,

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/cem-campbell-kemahli/4a/32a/b6a

he worked in quite ordinary jobs before setting up his company, which immediately focused on prime properties. Where did he get that money from if not inheritance?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you look at the founder's linkedin page,

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/cem-campbell-kemahli/4a/32a/b6a

he worked in quite ordinary jobs before setting up his company, which immediately focused on prime properties. Where did he get that money from if not inheritance?

A mortgage or loan perhaps.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Notice how the Irish girl and another in her office wears an ultra short skirt....
    The cameraman spent an awful long time focusing in on her legs......which wasn't a bad thing:p:D
    Straker wrote: »
    Eileen is a dish. And she knows it.......
    Spot on!

Young fairly tall fit looking girl with a nice pair of legs who likes showing them off, yes i think we have all noticed her....:D....because Irish Eileen loves the camera and the camera loves her! Note the shots of her walking around building renovation where cameraman zooms in on Eileens legs then down to immaculate classy looking heeled shoes....every heel fetishists dream. :D

A very attractive young lady who no doubt charms wealthy male buyers into opening their wallets. :cool:

I quite like watching Cotswold guy (Mark?) who drives the lovely old Morris 8. Well spoken without coming over as posh or snooty. A real gentleman too how he helped the elderly lady oversee her final move. OK it's all good for business but 1) he didn't have to and 2) he saw it as a privilege.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A mortgage or loan perhaps.

If I, an above average stable income earner working full time, asked for a loan to buy properties - even if they were run down - in Chelsea to rennovate and sell on, I would be laughed at.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh but he does have one 'mate'.........himself! :D

That guy is so far up his own backside it's cringeworthy viewing. Too full of his own self importance.