Options

Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love

lollipop1995lollipop1995 Posts: 2,860
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Thought I'd make a discussion thread so everyone can discuss their thoughts following the radio premiere of CSL on Monday morning, 2nd June :) Personally think this is going to be absolute smash as it's Cheryl and she always delivers amazing first singles. I think it'll definitely be a banger and it's been described as a feel good pop song so I've got a good vibe about this,can't sai to listen and see the music video and also the rumoured BGT performance. Tempah featuring is interesting, think he's a great rapper so looking forward to seeing what he will bring to the track. Before even hearing it I'd estimate that Crazy Stupid Love will be indeed be a bit :D

Comments

• Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would it not have made more sense to make the thread after you heard the song first?:confused:
  • Options
    Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was put up for preorder at midnight and is already climbing the charts. Radio premiere in a few minutes!
  • Options
    Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I like the song, up to the saxophone bit, not sure about that yet, but it could/probably will grow.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why does this remind me of another song ?

it's not terrible, but it sounds very similar to another song i've heard, but can't place.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give cheryl a bit of cred
    Expect an electro dance mess banger but no she hasn't.

Could be a grower

Tinie tempah ruins it and adds nothing to the song. Another pointless rap add on.
  • Options
    Forum Member

it's not terrible, but it sounds very similar to another song i've heard, but can't place.

It reminds me of this Pitbull and G.R.L song (the chorus)...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAyzpLGBI1E&feature=kp
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like it but the release date is way too far away and I think it's going to damage sales. Really could do with bringing it forward.
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    It reminds me of this Pitbull and G.R.L song (the chorus)...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAyzpLGBI1E&feature=kp

Thats exactly whatbi came here to say. Damn that you got thppthere before me haha

I like it... I think. Its definitely not what I expected
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    Thats exactly whatbi came here to say. Damn that you got thppthere before me haha

I like it... I think. Its definitely not what I expected

Haha, yeah really does sound like it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprisingly like it, love the chorus bits, I think it could be a grower, Tinies bit is pointless
  • Options
    Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually really like this. I think she would be wiser to release it next week or the week after though as there will be so much hype, especially with a BGT final performance on Saturday.

July 20th just seems so crazy. :/
  • Options
    TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Handclaps/drums ripped off from Wings by Little Mix.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribute wrote: »
    Handclaps/drums ripped off from Wings by Little Mix.

That's actually probably the song i'm thinking of that it reminds me of - that and, funnily enough, "Love Machine" from Girls Aloud themselves.
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    I really like it but the release date is way too far away and I think it's going to damage sales. Really could do with bringing it forward.

Six weeks away is just absurd, but then that's the labels for you. They consider it "building buzz" but fail to understand the notion that fans of Cheryl Cole will likely want to download it NOW rather than wait until July.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I don't understand the current trend of having a trumpet/saxophone/misc instrument solo in the choruses of songs but I like this song, probably her least catchy 1st single from an album yet though.
  • Options
    Red22Red22 Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did they just nick the title off a Ryan gosling film?
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like it. It sounds dated to me for some reason - but perhaps that's the trend now and I felt the same way about Rihanna/Shakira's collab. Tinie's feature is superfluous and makes the song, which already feels really long, too long. It might grow on me because it does feel very summer-y or the video could sell it.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not that keen, maybe it will grow after several listens.
  • Options
    DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBGUFzGnsII

This by any chance? ;-)
  • Options
    MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really disappointed with this, Cheryl Cole lead singles are always amazing no matter the quality of the album and this is just meh. It's too immature for Cheryl, the beat is very Little mix Wings and the lack of a chorus is another bad thing! Also I was excited for Tinie but that was not needed he didn't fit with the song at all. I read someone one else saying it's like Cheryl doing a Nicola Roberts song which I think is a good description, it's too quirky and bubblegum pop esque for Cheryl,

I hope this is used to tide fans over til the album and proper lead single in November.
  • Options
    10000maniacs10000maniacs Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl can't sing very well, and looking like one of Charlies Angels on the sleeve is not going hide that fact.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'm pleasantly surprised. It's not what I expected. I expected a generic dance track!
  • Options
    Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Childish lyrics. Weak vocals. Not good!!!!
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Good luck singing this "live" but I think we all know how that goes :)
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually really like it, it's pretty unique and her voice sounds good, it's not as "instant" as some of her past singles but the beat and the chorus are very catchy, I also love Tinie's rap in this, it fits the song well.
    July 20th is absolutely ridiculous though, from today's date (2nd June) that is about 6-7 weeks away, are they joking? No one will want to wait that long for this. Hasn't she got a big promo performance coming up in the next week or so? What's the point when the song won't actually get released until 6 weeks later?