The GD Refugee Thread : for all the reprobates

Comments

• performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely evening it is, hope everyone's well. :)
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good evening folks, hope you are all well.:)

Great news Bex, so relieved for you.:)
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Brilliant to hear! Congrats! :) Now, about that housewarming....;-)

Housewarming?
    *dusts off party frock*
    *grabs crate of beer*

:D
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Housewarming?
    *dusts off party frock*
    *grabs crate of beer*

*tentatively asks Bex for the address*
    *quietly heads over to twitter to promote a big ass party*
    *runs away*
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Housewarming?
    *dusts off party frock*
    *grabs crate of beer*

Fizix wrote: »
    *tentatively asks Bex for the address*
    *quietly heads over to twitter to promote a big ass party*
    *runs away*

I think we are on a winner here. :D
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    Is Bexer having a big party and inviting half of DS?...it's worth doing just to re-ignite the post a picture thread...lol

But she won't be able to invite mike :(

Glad you got good news though Bex...
    Forum Member
    The diet thread sequel got locked too...

I have a feeling part 3 is going to be a belter...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Bexer having a big party and inviting half of DS?...it's worth doing just to re-ignite the post a picture thread...lol

But she won't be able to invite mike :(

That's a good thing, she pretty much has a new BF on the horizon and Mike would surely sweep her off her feet and ruin it 😱😱😱😱😂
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    I think we are on a winner here. :D

Indeed 😂
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The diet thread sequel got locked too...

I have a feeling part 3 is going to be a belter...

You should start it!
    Forum Member
    agrainofsand's pretend diet thread Part 1...

Hmmm, maybe I should...
    Forum Member
    Fizix wrote: »
    That's a good thing, she pretty much has a new BF on the horizon and Mike would surely sweep her off her feet and ruin it 😱😱😱😱😂

Ah, you have a point there...

It would be terrible if mike's fatal allure ruins Bex's budding romance...
    Forum Member
    Men's toilets, male only - is that sexist?...
    Forum Member
    Feel a bit sorry for the Dutch goalkeeper...

Anywho...bed time for moi...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, you have a point there...

It would be terrible if mike's fatal allure ruins Bex's budding romance...

My sentiments exactly, there is no doubt in my mind that Mike would be irresistible. He could also cause more widespread problems for the party as women flock like a herd towards him, people could get hurt. Health and safety and all that.
    Men's toilets, male only - is that sexist?...

Umm... No I don't think so.
    Forum Member
    Haha...just being silly because of that race for life thread...

If mike was actually a super stud then he was a pretty good actor...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha...just being silly because of that race for life thread...

If mike was actually a super stud then he was a pretty good actor...

I know you were, I was being funny in return :p

Mike probably was a dashing millionaire having a laugh... While a joke, right now, it wouldn't surprise me.
    Forum Member
    Dear me, I'm useless at picking up on these things...lol

I assume your second comment is related to the 'nice guy' who annoyed you the other day...people not being what they seem etc...
    Forum Member
    Millionth work related thread from brian_higgy - Why need it...
    Forum Member
    I'm waiting for it to kick off in that soft fathers thread...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear me, I'm useless at picking up on these things...lol

I assume your second comment is related to the 'nice guy' who annoyed you the other day...people not being what they seem etc...

Haha, I'm going to be annoyed about that and having little vents for a while, its in my nature to vent when something gets me; I'll try not to be too bad though.
    I'm waiting for it to kick off in that soft fathers thread...

I've already replied, I'm far from soft as a parent myself but that dude comes across as nasty.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »

Great news Bex, so relieved for you.:)
    Housewarming?
    *dusts off party frock*
    *grabs crate of beer*

Hehe thanks guys! It's FINALLY looking sorted after yet another disaster. Being a poor student I needed a guarantor, but when my parents went to sign the guarantor agreement they found that they were not only agreeing to guarantee my part of the rent, but the whole thing! :o Apparently this is very normal in sharing situations but quite understandably my parents said no way in hell, they don't really know the people I am sharing with! Don't know if anyone has had to deal with that before? It's an absolute nightmare.

Anyway, I've managed to scrape together a few months rent in advance which the landlord accepted. I really can't believe that most parents would guarantee 4 people's rent, but researching it online it looks like a lot of people do just that but without realising! :confused:

But yes, houseparty!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    Hehe thanks guys! It's FINALLY looking sorted after yet another disaster. Being a poor student I needed a guarantor, but when my parents went to sign the guarantor agreement they found that they were not only agreeing to guarantee my part of the rent, but the whole thing! :o Apparently this is very normal in sharing situations but quite understandably my parents said no way in hell, they don't really know the people I am sharing with! Don't know if anyone has had to deal with that before? It's an absolute nightmare.

Anyway, I've managed to scrape together a few months rent in advance which the landlord accepted. I really can't believe that most parents would guarantee 4 people's rent, but researching it online it looks like a lot of people do just that but without realising! :confused:

But yes, houseparty!! :D

Well a guarantor is just that; they guarantee the value of the agreement, so if they were the only guarantor then yes that would mean they are accepting the value of the contract; if there were multiple guarantors then it may be shared between them (split in the event of needing too) or they all have responsibility for the contract and leave it to them to split up.

Its sucky but that's how it works and the rental agreement is one contract not say 4; how its split up when you pay it is down to semantics really.

FTR, I don't think its fair, in a shared environment then each person should be culpable for their share but I can see the landlords perspective on it too, if one fails to pay out and doesn't have a guarantor then they lose money and getting a guarantor for each person can be difficult.

As a side note, build a credit rating so you don't *need* a guarantor. One way of doing it fairly safely is to get a credit card that has no or low interest on full payment and when you fill up your car (normally a fairly consistent monthly outgoing), stick it on the credit card but put the money aside so its always available each month to pay the credit card bill and don't touch it.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It just does seem quite mental that they have to guarantee the whole amount as we were all credit checked and assessed only on our ability to pay our quarter, if you see what I mean? I do see it from the landlords point of view though.

Expecting someone to guarantee 15 grand is a big stretch though really, when my share is under 4000. :o

But yeah. Houses. I'm never moving again :D

As for your last bit, yeah I need to do that I think for my credit rating. Annoyingly though, my credit rating was fine for this it was just that my income wasn't acceptable. Not the amount, but they don't like counting NHS bursaries apparently...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    It just does seem quite mental that they have to guarantee the whole amount as we were all credit checked and assessed only on our ability to pay our quarter, if you see what I mean? I do see it from the landlords point of view though.

Expecting someone to guarantee 15 grand is a big stretch though really, when my share is under 4000. :o

But yeah. Houses. I'm never moving again :D

As for your last bit, yeah I need to do that I think for my credit rating. Annoyingly though, my credit rating was fine for this it was just that my income wasn't acceptable. Not the amount, but they don't like counting NHS bursaries apparently...

Ahh, I assumed that it was because you're a student so likely don't have much of a credit rating, that's normally why you'd want a guarantor. But yeah, your earnings make sense.
This discussion has been closed.