Options

8 year old girl murdered after her mother lets a stranger take her for a burger

Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2346481/Sex-offender-charged-murdering-year-old-Florida-girl-ONE-HOUR-mom-let-McDonalds-befriending-family-dollar-store.html

Unless I'm missing something, this story beggars belief. The family got chatting to a man in a shop and he offered to buy them some clothes. After that, the mother let him take her 8 year old daughter off for a burger while she stayed in the shop. It turned out he was a convicted sex offender He then took the little girl off and murdered her.

What on earth would possess any parent to let their child go off with a man they had only met that evening? Poor little girl :(

Comments

• Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    So sad! This reminds me of 3 years ago when my son came to the door with an adult approx 30ish. He was playing with his friend in the school grounds opposite my house and they were both aged 7, I kept looking out of the window to check on them every 10 mins. The door went and they were stood there with this guy who was asking if he could take them to the shops to buy them sweets! I told him no of course and pretended that my husband was in the shower (he was at work) and got both boys into the house and told him to go. It's scary how quickly these people can pounce, as I said, I was checking regularly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only a stupid "mother" if you can call her that. What an absolute idiot. It beggars belief.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    That poor girl. I feel for the mother too; she's going to have to live with the consequences of her very poor judgement forever. I'd rather die myself than live with that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    That poor girl. I feel for the mother too; she's going to have to live with the consequences of her very poor judgement forever. I'd rather die myself than live with that.

You are joking, she let her daughter go with a stranger:confused:
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »

I know, it was a ridiculous decision on her part, only she can know what she was thinking. I can't help feeling sorry for her though.
  • Options
    PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »

I think the consequences outweigh the decision. The mother has been given a harsh life sentence for her crime.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would you let a stranger buy you clothes and take your kid for a burger?:confused:

Poor girl.:(
  • Options
    tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a nice story. But I think when news covers everywhere- every awful permutation is covered and broadcasted.
  • Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Mom"?????
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to some of the local papers in the states, the child was named in court papers with regards to a custody battle between the parents. So I suppose if the mother has been going through a rough time, she could have been thrown by someone being kind to her and her family.

I don't blame her either. It was a moment of madness, for sure, but it's something she has to carry for the rest of her life now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to some of the local papers in the states, the child was named in court papers with regards to a custody battle between the parents. So I suppose if the mother has been going through a rough time, she could have been thrown by someone being kind to her and her family.

I don't blame her either. It was a moment of madness, for sure, but it's something she has to carry for the rest of her life now.

I'm not having a great time of it lately, doesn't mean I'll let strangers go off with my kids though...I'm not "blaming" her exactly but I'm certainly having trouble getting my head around her bizarre decision.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a stupid thing to do. Who the hell would trust a stranger with their kids. Idiot woman
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A heartbreaking story .
    The Mother was hoodwinked by a lifelong cunning paeodophile . It happens all the time .
    The man is the devil in disguise .

Execute this monster and do the human race a favour
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People blaming the victim I see.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    I'm not having a great time of it lately, doesn't mean I'll let strangers go off with my kids though...I'm not "blaming" her exactly but I'm certainly having trouble getting my head around her bizarre decision.

I don't disagree. It honestly beggars belief that you'd let your child go off with someone you'd met an hour earlier. I wonder if there's more to it though ?. Maybe the McDonalds was in view ?. Maybe she thought it would be ok because she could see them, but got momentarily distracted ?

A tragic story either way though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »

No, the victim was the child.
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought the "victim" was dead?

At least the mother won't need to spend the next 30 or 40 years trying to get the killer kept behind bars.
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but this is just another example of far too lenient sentences . This scumbag had been committing serious sex offences against children since 1973 ( probably earlier ) but even though the evidence shows that Paedos can't be cured the authorities still persist with giving short sentences and letting these creeps back on the streets only to prey on yet another defenceless , innocent child. Time after time !

Reading the article the guy has been caught so many times over the last 40 years . committing a variety of disturbing offences against kids , imagine how many kids have been hurt and damaged in that period , he'll have done things without getting caught in that period .

These cases just turn my stomach . Seriously , guys like this should be locked up forever or better still given a lethal injection .

That poor girl , so sad and could have been avoided .
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member

The child is the victim of a stupid decision by the mother. Pointing out the mother is stupid is not blaming the victim. The fact the mother will have to live with the consequences of her stupidity is down to her.
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    The child is the victim of a stupid decision by the mother. Pointing out the mother is stupid is not blaming the victim. The fact the mother will have to live with the consequences of her stupidity is down to her.

perhaps you'd like to personally thank the killer for showing the world what a useless mother she was.
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    Sorry but this is just another example of far too lenient sentences . This scumbag had been committing serious sex offences against children since 1973 ( probably earlier ) but even though the evidence shows that Paedos can't be cured the authorities still persist with giving short sentences and letting these creeps back on the streets only to prey on yet another defenceless , innocent child. Time after time !

Reading the article the guy has been caught so many times over the last 40 years . committing a variety of disturbing offences against kids , imagine how many kids have been hurt and damaged in that period , he'll have done things without getting caught in that period .

These cases just turn my stomach . Seriously , guys like this should be locked up forever or better still given a lethal injection .

That poor girl , so sad and could have been avoided .

It could have been avoided if the mother wasn't so stupid , if she hadn't let her go off with him the girl would still be alive

I'm not trying to defend the offender but the mother has to bear her fair share of the blame
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    primer wrote: »
    perhaps you'd like to personally thank the killer for showing the world what a useless mother she was.

No-one's saying that, are they? The beast is to blame, however, the mother still did something incredibly stupid.
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    The mother made a mistake and has paid the highest prize possible . So I do not get why people have to put the boot in even more . Nobody knows what made her trust that man and so it seems harsh to judge .
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Story only being published by DM because it ties in with their current ongoing British Paedogeddan campaign.

They need stories like this to whip up the national mood so cynically go out to find and then highlight them.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    No-one's saying that, are they? The beast is to blame, however, the mother still did something incredibly stupid.

Absolutely. The murderer is the one to blame her but it's very sad that the mother failed to protect her childs safety