Want to buy a Tablet

anonyyanonyy Posts: 3,247
Forum Member
✭✭✭
i'm not sure which to buy, apple is out of the question, i prefer android products -i can do more with it.

any suggestions i dont want any of those titchy 7 inch models, bigger is best for me. i must be able to attach a keyboard to it.

I have heard that microsoft is going to release ms office onto tablet format not sure if its just windows or what?

Thanks

Comments

• !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try the Asus Transformer Prime, comes with keyboard and dock.

Avoid the MS tablets for now, you can get plenty of Android Word Processors.
  • Admiral StarAdmiral Star Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nexus 10? That's what I'd get if I was going android.
  • PuckyPucky Posts: 4,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can also get a keyboard dock for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A large tablet with keyboard attached - sounds like Surface RT is up your street.
  • !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheBigM wrote: »
    A large tablet with keyboard attached - sounds like Surface RT is up your street.

This is terrible advice. The Surface RT has been an unmitigated disaster and it's unlikely many (if any) apps will be developed for it in the future.
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    !!11oneone wrote: »
    This is terrible advice. The Surface RT has been an unmitigated disaster and it's unlikely many (if any) apps will be developed for it in the future.

Who said anything about a desire for a bajillion apps?

The OP mentioned three requirements:

1. Larger screen size than 7"
    2. Keyboard attachment
    3. Microsoft Office

Windows RT tablets tick all those requirements. No other OS ticks those requirements, Windows 8 comes closest with the opportunity to buy Office and put it on the tablet.

Let's not forget that much of what many apps do can be accomplished through a web browser and RT has a plenty competent browser.

If it makes you feel better, OP can look at Windows 8 based machines like HP Envy x2 as well.