Options

Brendan get over yourself

Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What a baby . You're dance was not worth more than scores given ok?! Sophie does does not give a brilliant performance . Is it just me?

Comments

• Options
    cherricherri Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    Yes in my opinion, it's just you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not true at all. He was dead right. A woman with 3 kids and a husband in the audience should not have to do a raunchy rumba so he was right to speak out.
  • Options
    musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
    Forum Member
    Its just you it was brilliant and Brendan was right and honourable standing up for Sophie
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's just a bit annoyed that others get overmarked, whilst they are overly harsh with Sophie.
  • Options
    HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben has just been under marked , outrageous .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    What a baby . You're dance was not worth more than scores given ok?! Sophie does does not give a brilliant performance . Is it just me?

I agree yes its just you
  • Options
    roadieboysroadieboys Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree
  • Options
    sey77sey77 Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes!

The judges do seem to mark them overly harshly. Can you honestly say that was only worth the same as Marks dance?
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member

No, the judges agreed with you.:D
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Just you- they have been under marked 2 weeks running
  • Options
    Presto ShinkoPresto Shinko Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a lovely dance, my favourite so far. It deserved a higher mark. Sophie will be getting my vote tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok just me then . Slapped wrist. Just seems she's a bit of a cold fish in dance. Lovely person no question. But Brendan and Sophie is not brilliant just mehhh.
  • Options
    anirose26anirose26 Posts: 1,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him sometimes. But he always moans,so it is hard to take even when it is justified.
  • Options
    NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not just you, Sophie always underwhelms me. It's as if she never quite puts herself 100% into the dance and that's really noticeable in such an intimate dance.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think I could get away with referring to him as that Twinkle toes, but of course you are right.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member

Completely agree with you! I always think something is missing with their performances. Yes, I agree that a rumba doesn't have to be sexy, but in my opinion, she doesn't connect with the audience or with Brendan and they need to realise this.

I also I find it really off putting when Brendan gets annoyed at he scores he is given.
  • Options
    gemmy11gemmy11 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    No I think Brendan was right to speak out a rumba does not have to be raunchy, I thought it was lovely. Sophie created some beautiful lines and her foot placement was spot on, yet the judges only mentioned that briefly and instead decided to use the majority of their airtime banging on about wanting more raunch so I can understand why Brendan felt the need to speak up and good on him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    I don't think I could get away with referring to him as that Twinkle toes, but of course you are right.

Ha ha. Yes I was a bit naughty but Brendan is a bit I have danced brilliantly . Judges are sometimes right . And on this occasion I agree with them
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I liked it.

Think the judges are a bit grumpy tonight, maybe a bit of a hangover from the highs of Blackpool.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes.,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Yes.,

Fair enough hon. I think I am outnumbered! Xxxx
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How rude of you.

Brendan spoke the truth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    How rude of you.

Brendan spoke the truth.

I'm not being rude. Just lighthearted. Don't make it out that is something is not please. There are too many 'heavy' threads for that. This is a nice banter thread :D
  • Options
    aimeeaimee1000aimeeaimee1000 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    How rude of you.

Brendan spoke the truth.

Brendan always has to argue with the judges, he is so full of himself. I think their marks were correct. I love Sophie but still she lacks the emotion in her dancing, her lines are good but I think it is something to do with her top half not sure what it is. I hope every week it is perfect but alas not tonight.
  • Options
    Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Problem with Sophie is she can do the steps and do them fairly cleanly, but her natural disposition means she needs to over-extend to not look as limp as she does, not that she is limp, but she goes a little soft. She's also not using every muscle she should which makes her look a tiny bit uncrisp and awkward.

I don't know if Brendon can see this or not. But Sophie isn't WOWing, and I was willing her today just over extend to make up for her timid movements. As for his attitude, maybe when he looks back and sees the dance he will see it for what it is. I do understand his frustration with the judges, but frankly it's all subjective.