I want to rent a DV Camera.

There is a new competition on MTV, and I wanted to see if I could rent a DV camera, because hell knows I can't afford to buy one. But I just wanted to know, were there any high street shops were I could do this, and about how much you think it would cost.
Also, I would like to know how much a DV tape would cost and what I would need for general editing, bare in mind everyone that I need to get the tape out by next Friday, so if anyone could help ASAP, it would be very much appreciated. I am in Birmingham by the way if anyone needs to know my location, and have about 40 quid of disposable income, and I am not 18, yet.

Comments

• Dave 8o]Dave 8o] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure but you could try HSS they hire out alsorts, not sure about DV cameras though. I would suspect that you would need to get a parent or other adult (over 18) to do the hiring for you. You may also need a hefty deposit.

As for editing: a lot of DV cameras are firewire enabled, allowing you to directly connect the camera to a PC (via a firewire port) and use software to edit the video and burn it onto a VCD or DVD, or output it to a VCR.

If you have a PC with a Firewire port you could do this, though you would need some video editing software check out VCD Help for details, there may be some freeware apps.

Otherwise you stuck with linking the DV Camera to a VCR and editing it the hardway.
  • breakingnewsbreakingnews Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    There is an extremely cheap DV camera at Firebox.com
    I would check it out - the quality isn't the best, but is very acceptable. I love it! :)
  • Mazrim TaimMazrim Taim Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Yes you can rent VHS cameras and maybe Dv cameras. Our company does rent the above

Suggest you look in Yellow Pages under "Audio Visual" and make sure they are not a local shop.

If you want to PM me I can probably let you know of a local supplier