Dvd Reg 4

tigertiger Posts: 1,532
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi not a satellite question but someone may be able to help.Can a region 4 pal dvd disc play on region 2 players?
Thanks.I heard somewhere the disc content is the same and will play.

Comments

• CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't play another region's DVD in a region 2 player, unless it's multiregion. So in a nutshell, if it's not multiregion, you're stuck to region 2.

(PS is best to stick any future queries like this in the entertainment equipment forum, this forum's for satellite equipment only).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    All my Region 4 discs are also Region 2.
    But this doesn't mean that all are.
    The Region symbol on the box has two numbers in it (2,4).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Yes if its multi region my Bush DVD says its region 2 but I have played region 1 dvds on it.

or

You can always look on the net for dvd help with your specfic dvd player

Dave
  • Paul555Paul555 Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look here for Multi Region Hacks
  • cmq2cmq2 Posts: 2,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the subtitled French 'Three Colours' ' Blue, White & Red' on Region 4 PAL. No problem playing them without hacks despite the Panny manual saying not possible on a Region 2 player.

They are older films though and the locking technology gets smarter by the year.

Plenty of Region 1's on Ebay so a lot must have found a way round the coding.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Many R4 discs are actually dual coded for R4 and R2 to save money on disc pressing. The only difference is the disc label and packaging which will state R4 (or in some case R2+4).

There's a really useful site which will tell you which R4 discs are dual coded for R4 and R2. You can find it here.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ben and bob are indeed correct region 4 is indeed region 2 as well. i buy and sell dvd's so know what im talking about.i buy dvd's from austrlia too they have region 4 over there and they play fine on my region 2
  • jnojno Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Check out this site for some Australian DVDs

http://www.avchannel.com.au/Index.php

prices are way way lower than UK prices and will play on multi region players

Regards and two fingers still up at the BBC for taking my channels away,

jno
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depending on which type of player you buy depends on how easy it is to hack

The likes of sony and panansonic who own all the patents to DVD are the hardest to crack. these players need mod chips.

Cheeper brands usualy offer a handset hack which you can get of the net. e,g, bush or L.G.

The cheepest dvd players. e.g. the ones you buy in asda or woolworths for £50 come multiregion right out of the box.

As a general rule.

The cheeper you go, the easier it gets
  • dodgygeezadodgygeeza Posts: 6,350
    Forum Member
    I have a Red Hot Chili Peppers DVD which is labelled as regions 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 :eek: