Options

Help on return of amazon item please

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,953
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi everyone, I ordered something from Amazon and decided to return it as it wasnt exactly what I wanted, thats all done and dusted, now I've returned it, they've recieved it and emailed me with the credit note.

I was justwandering what I do from here? Is there anytihng I need to do with the credit note. Do I just wait for the money to be returned now?

Comments

• Options
    Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This happened to me in the last few days and I'm in the same position.

I have previously returned an unwanted item and been given a refund to the credit card used, however last week I returned an item and got a digitally signed credit note. When I emailed them to say I expected a refund under the 7 day DSR rules, they replied saying the email address I used did not accept incoming mail and I should mail them at one of their suggested addresses buyers-support@amazon.co.uk.

Guess what? I got a reply telling me that address couldn't accept incoming mail!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keefy-boy wrote: »
    This happened to me in the last few days and I'm in the same position.

I have previously returned an unwanted item and been given a refund to the credit card used, however last week I returned an item and got a digitally signed credit note. When I emailed them to say I expected a refund under the 7 day DSR rules, they replied saying the email address I used did not accept incoming mail and I should mail them at one of their suggested addresses buyers-support@amazon.co.uk.

Guess what? I got a reply telling me that address couldn't accept incoming mail!

That's odd that they refunded you before but the second time they issued a credit note :confused:.

I just tried sending an email and yeah, I got the same reply.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for the double post but I've found a link to contact them, whilst i was ordering another item, the screen before the final confirmation screen, at the bottom there is a link that says 'Need help: contact us or help pages' I clicked on cotnact us and managed to get to send an email to the customer service.
  • Options
    YosemiteYosemite Posts: 6,192
    Forum Member
    SophStar wrote: »
    Is there anytihng I need to do with the credit note.

No.
    SophStar wrote: »
    Do I just wait for the money to be returned now?

Yes - it will be refunded to the account linked to the credit/debit card used.
    Keefy-boy wrote: »
    I have previously returned an unwanted item and been given a refund to the credit card used, however last week I returned an item and got a digitally signed credit note.

The "digitally signed credit note" is a recent innovation, but it's purely an administrative matter - the refund to the card account follows automatically.

As you probably know, the issue of credit notes is the norm in commercial transactions for refunds/returns/cancelled orders, and I guess that Amazon have recently updated their accounting software.
  • Options
    Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Yosemite, most helpful.