Options

What age did you have your first child?

13»

Comments

• Options
    MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    17....I'm nearly 39 now and they all gown up (nearly)..2 in jobs (with one who has his own place) and one ready to leave school..and still have the same man by my side..and I wouldn't change it for anything
  • Options
    miss-kittymiss-kitty Posts: 1,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    18 (almost a month before my 19th birthday)
    My Mum became a nanny at age 36!

I had twin boys, and I am happier than I have ever been in my life, I always knew I wanted kids, I always wanted to be a young mum (I was thinking more like 22 ish, but hey ho)

My boys are now 5 and I have never regretted a thing!
    Oh, and I am still with their Daddy too!
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    30. I lost 2 babies before that, one at 19 (would have wrecked my life anyway, that one) and then miscarried the twin of my first surviving baby (non identicals - it happens).
  • Options
    Dung hole DaveDung hole Dave Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    19 and it changed my life completely for the better
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me & my friend aren't 40 until january, but she became a nan a couple of years ago, with another granchild on the way. She only looks about 30 anyway, so it does look kinda weird & her youngest is only 5 too lol

My mother was 33, 36 and 38 when she had us, her best friend who she went to school with became a grandma age 38 so therefore her grandkid and my mothers child (my sister) are exactly the same age.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Looking at it now, I wish I'd had them younger . I'm in my mid forties now, and only just got my youngest off to school. I'm a "female-returner" - and its very difficult.

But, on the other hand, they keep you young! :)

eta. no, i wouldnt do it differently though - because it was right at the time. But I think overall, Im glad I didnt leave it any later!
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    just turned twenty, by thirty i had four.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    24 but I was ready long before that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    29 but that was after 3 years of fertility treatment and one miscarriage. Then had twins at 32.
  • Options
    kim1994kim1994 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    First son one day after my birthday at 31 and the 2nd at 33, perfect time for me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was 25 when my first son was born and I was one of the youngest there. I didn't seem that young, but when I see the girls in the office, 25 seems a lot younger than it did almost 8 years ago. I had my youngest last year, and I was 32. I'm glad I had them when I did.

My mom is about become a great gran in a couple of weeks and she is just 59! My mom and dad have been married for 40 years, had my eldest sister at 18 and my niece is 17 (grrr!). So I will be a 33 year old great-aunt by the end of next week! :cry:
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met my man at 19, had my daughter at 36.

I suppose it's to do with your social circle but I don't know anyone who had kids before they were 30 and most were mid to late 30's.
  • Options
    Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whirliegig wrote: »

Looking at it now, I wish I'd had them younger . I'm in my mid forties now, and only just got my youngest off to school. I'm a "female-returner" - and its very difficult.

Very similar to my experience. I've 3 girls, and I'd encourage them to crack on in their 20's, if they've found the right partner.

I worked out yesterday that the youngest of my lot won't finish school until 2023: I'll be 56 :eek:
  • Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was 26 when I had my twins, following a miscarriage the previous year, and 32 when I had my 3rd. I would have been younger for all of them if things had gone to plan! I'm very glad I started when I did, as I did have fertility problems and if I'd left it later, it might just not have happened at all.
  • Options
    missmaisiemissmaisie Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    First baby at 21 and then t'other one 16 months later :eek:

Due to medical problems I was unable to have babies by the time I was 38 - glad I didn't wait!
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    missmaisie wrote: »
    First baby at 21 and then t'other one 16 months later :eek:

Due to medical problems I was unable to have babies by the time I was 38 - glad I didn't wait!

There's only 15 months between by first two - 2 weeks off my 20th birthday for the first one.
  • Options
    purplelinuspurplelinus Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    32 and, to be honest, I wasn't ready any earlier, don't think I could have dealt with the sleepless nights so well back then!!
  • Options
    gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    23, 25, 39,and 44 years old.
  • Options
    mummypiggetmummypigget Posts: 12,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was 21 but should have been 22 as he was born 9 weeks early and 2 weeks before my birthday. I was 23 for my youngest.

I am 26, no desire for anymore much to my family's annoyance!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope to have children in about 3 years, when I'm 28 and my wife is 25. Really we both feel ready now, but she has been unwell in the last year and so we want to wait until things are a bit more settled.