Options

TAR 18 Episode 8 discussion

Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
Forum Member
✭✭✭
An enjoyable leg, i thought it was interesting that the detour option clues were deliberately misleading...the "easy" task being pretty much impossible was a neat twist.

Odd choice by the cowboys on the flight front...hard to call it a mistake as such as they made a deliberate choice to put themselves behind because of "safer connections"...but it was strange nonetheless. Once again, good performance on the tasks got them through though.

Have had my fill of Kent and Vyxsion now, which is sad given my prior enthusiasm for them, i find myself hoping they go next now....

Comments

• Options
    RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I literally fell asleep! Who came first, second and third?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redmond wrote: »
    I literally fell asleep! Who came first, second and third?

seriously? i thought it was a much better leg than the last two weeks...:D

1. Zev and Justin, who won two of the ugliest cars i have ever seen in my life! Especially the orange one!
    2. Herb and Nat, should have won but fooked up at the end.
    3. Kent and Vyxsin, bitching all the way to the pit stop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

amazed that guy is still watching, never has a positive thing to say about the show ever, so think i'll pass on the "review"....:)
  • Options
    javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »

1. Zev and Justin, who won two of the ugliest cars i have ever seen in my life! Especially the orange one!

The colours were pretty... :eek:

I wanted it in reverse order :( I have a feeling 2 of my least tabs teams currently still in will make the final though :-/
  • Options
    RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks! I had just gotten in from work and was feeling a bit tired, but still, Celebrity Apprentice managed to hold my interest for an hour and half, but I did honestly drift off during The Amazing Race and woke back up as the last three teams were arriving at the pit-stop! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The cowboys took a chance and it didn't backfire too badly on them but it could have. If the other three teams completed the eating challenge, the Cowboys would've been in trouble.

In the end, its a non-elimination leg so it didn't matter too much but they need to shape up. Get the same flights as other if there is strong chance that all of them are on the same flight. You will know where everyone is then and not running from behind.

I love the Cowboys and Mallory/Father. I want them to be stronger.
  • Options
    AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it's the combination of the car and the colors. Flashy colors like that are acceptable on sports cars. Practical, boxy economy cars should be more neutral colors, since you don't want them to stand out and be seen. They're obviously designed for function over form, and painting them like that just highlights it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ultimatums wrote: »
    If the other three teams completed the eating challenge, the Cowboys would've been in trouble. .

true, but i think the eating challenge was almost impossible, the only one i think might have done it was chip from series 5...
    Anachrony wrote: »
    I think it's the combination of the car and the colors. Flashy colors like that are acceptable on sports cars. Practical, boxy economy cars should be more neutral colors, since you don't want them to stand out and be seen. They're obviously designed for function over form, and painting them like that just highlights it.

possibly, the design was pretty horrid i thought. Still, they can sell them as new and get a decent return i guess.
  • Options
    AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    true, but i think the eating challenge was almost impossible, the only one i think might have done it was chip from series 5...

Gary apparently ate his half, so a team of two Garys would have done it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anachrony wrote: »
    Gary apparently ate his half, so a team of two Garys would have done it.

He hadn't started on the dessert, so not quite half....;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy Dehnart's not impressed:
    http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race_18/2011_Apr_25_liechtenstein
    (contains spoilers of latest episode)
  • Options
    027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy Dehnart's not impressed:
    http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race_18/2011_Apr_25_liechtenstein
    (contains spoilers of latest episode)

Andy Dehnart is the most miserable reality TV column writer of all time. Did he ever actually enjoy the show? The sooner he "breaks up" with TAR the better IMO, because that means hopefully someone who actually enjoys the show and won't invent faults with it from thin air could write about it.

The last column I read from him he was complaining how he hated how the U-turn allows teams to punish other teams, unlike before it was around, as if the yield hadn't existed since season 5. He writes a load of old twaddle every week.

I should probably avoid all columns he writes in the future, as they always make me pretty angry :D