Any updates on when VM get the Sky HD channels?

I got Sky HD installed last June because of the poor (BBC HD + some OD Stuff) HD lineup on VM at the time. Now that my 12 months contract is up I am keen on cancelling Sky asap but would still like to watch the cricket in HD, so any rumours on when it is due to start?

Cheers

John

Comments

• GlobalRadioGlobalRadio Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doudar wrote: »
    I got Sky HD installed last June because of the poor (BBC HD + some OD Stuff) HD lineup on VM at the time. Now that my 12 months contract is up I am keen on cancelling Sky asap but would still like to watch the cricket in HD, so any rumours on when it is due to start?

Cheers

John

Using the Search option will return a multitude of threads on this exact subject.
  • CurlyCurly Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    Using the Search option will return a multitude of threads on this exact subject.

I think John is just asking if there has been an update. Why should he have to search through 'a multitude of threads'? Unless of course you own this site, in which case I apologise!
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cheers

John

I have registered with vm for HD email updates and as yet have had no news.

Not that i will pay extra for HD just nice to be kept imformed i would say HD on sky sports on vm will start sometime before the new premiership season seeing as everything to do with sport is based around football seemingly!

Although i only sub to sky sports for the cricket myself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Curly wrote: »
    I think John is just asking if there has been an update. Why should he have to search through 'a multitude of threads'? Unless of course you own this site, in which case I apologise!

Ok, so you give him the answers then. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Ok, so you give him the answers then. :rolleyes:

Wow!! Aggressive!! It's only a forum!! I thought the Geordies were the nice ones and us southerners were the nasty ones!! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow!! Aggressive!! It's only a forum!! I thought the Geordies were the nice ones and us southerners were the nasty ones!! :eek:

Only when Newcastle win & there is glorious sunshine.

Apologies if the tone seemed aggressive, it wasn't mean't to be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    From another Geordie, I read somewhere on this site that HD on Virgin will be ready for the start of the new football season after sky have reached agreement with Virgin
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Thanks all, looks like beginning or mid August from what I have found, guess I will have to keep Sky for another month.

John
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all, looks like beginning or mid August from what I have found, guess I will have to keep Sky for another month.

John

Is HD that good then.:)
    Forum Member

The difference is very noticable if you have a big telly. Not so much if your telly is 32" or smaller.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member

Yes :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes :D

Ok fair enough just that as a 32inch viewer i do notice the difference but am quite happy with either a sd or hd picture so long as the action ie the "bigger picture" is clear.

Just my opinion though.
    Forum Member
    Ok fair enough just that as a 32inch viewer i do notice the difference but am quite happy with either a sd or hd picture so long as the action ie the "bigger picture" is clear.

Just my opinion though.

I do see the difference on my 32", I just think the difference on larger screens is more impressive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Just received the email below, no real details. But I am concerned there will be an extra charge, just don't see how they can when all their adverts state no additional HD fee and Sky don't charge just for Movies/Sports in HD,

Sky Sports and Movies in HD are almost here!

Hello,

The wait is nearly over...

We’ll be emailing you soon with all the details of how you can get Sky Sports and Movies in HD on Virgin TV. There's no need to call. We'll email you as soon as the launch date is confirmed.

In the meantime, you can make sure you've got all the right kit. You'll just need an HD Ready TV and one of our nifty set top boxes. You can choose a V HD or V+ HD Box. Plus, you’ll need an HDMI cable to connect it all up. That way, you can sit down to watch top movies and sport, the second they're ready to go.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media Entertainment team
  • TopNotchTopNotch Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Hmm. I got the same email and it's the wording: "We’ll be emailing you soon with all the details of how you can get Sky Sports and Movies in HD on Virgin TV" I presume you're referring too?

Certainly, it strongly suggests that the channels won't be just appearing on the EPG.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I also got the same email from Virgin Media. I assume that Sky and Virgin have agreed the pricing, now just waiting for an announcement from Virgin, also announcing the launch date.
  • lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TopNotch wrote: »
    Certainly, it strongly suggests that the channels won't be just appearing on the EPG.

How else?
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont understand why they keep sending that email, cause i am sure they sent that same thing few weeks back, If the vip customers are charged, i wont be happy
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay-Cee wrote: »
    i dont understand why they keep sending that email, cause i am sure they sent that same thing few weeks back, If the vip customers are charged, i wont be happy[/QUOTE]

if they want to charge the VIP customers more for HD - I will leave my package as it is
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Damn HD channels, gonna need a bigger hard disk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    The difference is very noticable if you have a big telly. Not so much if your telly is 32" or smaller.

Have to disagree with you there. I have a 26" set, and the difference between SD and HD is quite noticeable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know how much extra we will have to pay to get Sky Sports HD on an XL package?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Who made you king of the world?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    hansi wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much extra we will have to pay to get Sky Sports HD on an XL package?

Hi, there is a rumor going around that Sky Sports HD will be free if you have the Sky Sports sub.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joel Leo J wrote: »
    Who made you king of the world?

You don't mind if I express an opinion, this is a forum after all. :rolleyes: