Options

Pat and Margaret BBC4

eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I really love BBC4. It has original dramas such as 'First Men on the Moon' and 'Hattie', series such as Mark Gatis looking at the history of horror and some excellent repeats...such as tonight's Pat and Margaret who is one of the best things Wood and Walters have ever done.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the tip, I remember this from years ago. What time is it on? please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10.05pm.....preceded by a programme with Mark Lawson talking to Julie Walters
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So looking forward to this tonight. Pat and Margaret is one of the finest things Wood ever wrote. It's just a joy from start to finish.

'Not on the eiderdown...' :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot Thora was in it
  • Options
    Sunshine&SolaceSunshine&Solace Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many thanks for this thread. I missed this when it was on and have wanted to see it for ages - in fact I nearly bought the dvd a few weeks ago. :)
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Never heard of it, but I'll give it a go as it's been mentioned on here.
    Lawson talking is probably more my thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So glad I watched it. Wood and Walters at their best. :)
  • Options
    Sunshine&SolaceSunshine&Solace Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really, really enjoyed it. Thanks again for the heads up OP.
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    eye3 wrote: »
    I forgot Thora was in it

Didn't know it was on so only caught the last half hour. So many great lines though....

I don't care if you have to adhere to a baboon's bumhole :D

Not on the eiderdown! :D

I don't think I knew what love was until I bred my first Afghan :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi - can anyone help please.
    We were away at the weekend and set the recorder for this show. I don't know if it was running late or wether the recorder was at fault but my recording stopped before the end. It went off just as the paper boy was approaching a house.
    Can someone tell me what happened after that. Thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive checked the last 20mins....sorry cant see any paper boy approaching a house...
  • Options
    hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A young Hayley Cropper is in it as well, as a care home worker.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eye3 wrote: »
    Ive checked the last 20mins....sorry cant see any paper boy approaching a house...

eye3 - thanks for your reply - perhaps my recorder is going a bit bonkers. I have just watched it again and it stops at the bit where Julie Walters is on the phone to someone talking about dumping her sister and Victoria Wood is standing in the doorway listening to her then JW tells her to go away then on my recording there is a paperboy!!!! :confused:
    Then the recording ends. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok..I'm at work now..when I get home I'll run the end again and let you know what u missed.
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hardylane wrote: »
    A young Hayley Cropper is in it as well, as a care home worker.

Emmerdale featured, too - a glamorous Edna Birch and a gormless Douglas Potts.
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Espresso wrote: »
    Emmerdale featured, too - a glamorous Edna Birch and a gormless Douglas Potts.

Shirley Stelfox (Edna Birch) was married to the actor who plays the photographer, Don Henderson, until he passed away a few years back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eye3 - thanks for your reply - perhaps my recorder is going a bit bonkers. I have just watched it again and it stops at the bit where Julie Walters is on the phone to someone talking about dumping her sister and Victoria Wood is standing in the doorway listening to her then JW tells her to go away then on my recording there is a paperboy!!!! :confused:
    Then the recording ends. :confused:

Oh. I've got bad news for you. Pat and Margaret is 83mins duration. The reason I couldnt find the paperboy scene at the end is because its not at the end. Its 34mins into the film...meaning you didnt miss the end..you only saw the first third and you missed the last 2/3rds of the movie!!!!
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    I didn't watch it this time but I used to love it years ago.