Options

Amazing Race season 19 episode 6

Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Much more dramatic leg this week than last, once they arrive in Africa. Some terrific tasks this week!

I found Laurence's comments about women and sewing quite unpleasant. It felt like a deliberately antagonistic comment and had chauvinistic undertones to it, imho. Not liking him at all.

Only negatives for me was a) that Andy and Tommy fluked yet another leg win, made all the worse by the fact that it's likely they took someone elses truck (and they seemed to think themselves that they had done so) in the process of doing it and that b)it didn't feel like it should have been a NEL from a dramatic point of view, it needed for some one to go after such an exciting foot race to the pit stop. Plus it feels like we have had too many NEL thus far this series.

Comments

• Options
    javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree Muttley. I was actually surprised it was a NEL. It seems like there has been around 3/4episodes this season where it has been a NEL. And I mean we've only have 6 episodes... Too bad it wasn't last week where the girls would've had a chance at least to level up! :o:D

I pretty much agree on the rest of your post aswell. I was like 'You have to be kidding me! They must be the luckiest faux 2nd team placers EVER!' It doesn't help I'm liking them less and less as the weeks go by.

Overall the season is getting better imo. I suppose a benefit of all these NEL's is that it does make it more unpredictable. But I assume that is the last NEL of this season.

I'm quite liking Bill and Cathy, Sandy and Tom(?) and Ernie and Cindy. What a lol moment when she got trapped by the bed! xD I was glad she found it amusing aswell xD
    Does anyone remember the leg where there two teams drove and got out the car at the exact same time and it was a proper intense footrace to the pit stop. I can't mind what season it is. But its one of my fav moments, race style. All I remember is they had to camp out in the desert afterwards on campbeds? I also seem to remember one episode where a car gets flipped over? I don't think its the same episode I was talking about though...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a lol moment when she got trapped by the bed! xD I was glad she found it amusing aswell xD

Ha that made me laugh so hard! :D
    Does anyone remember the leg where there two teams drove and got out the car at the exact same time and it was a proper intense footrace to the pit stop. I can't mind what season it is. But its one of my fav moments, race style. All I remember is they had to camp out in the desert afterwards on campbeds? I also seem to remember one episode where a car gets flipped over? I don't think its the same episode I was talking about though...

That was from the same episode in series 7....one of the best moments in the shows history. Brian and Greg's car flipped over and their cameraman was injured when they were at the front of the pack. They had to wait for a replacement car, and were in last place by the time they were able to get moving again, they did an amazing job at the the road block and managed to leave neck and neck with Ray and Deana, who were second last, and managed to beat them on a foot race from the parking area, were they were overcome with conflicting emotions after the events of the day. Meanwhile Ray meanwhile was very bitterly blaming Deana for their elimination in a s6 Jonathon-esque manner. The ass hat.

But yeah that was an amazing amazing moment for Brian and Greg
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cindy and the bed was my fave moment of the race so far. :D So funny. I'm glad she took it with a sense of humor. I always like it when the racers actually stop and see the fun side of the race. :) I thought it was sweet when Sandi stopped to play football with the kids too, even if it was just for a moment.

The team who went up in my estimation this week the most were the siblings, in particular Jennifer. She actually seems like a really nice person, which makes me glad that I didn't buy into the villain edit she received early on. It seemed really forced, so I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt so I still like her. :)

I was kind of disappointed that it was a non-elimination leg, but I did see it coming to be honest. It was a pity, because it was exciting to have a genuine race to the finish for the first time in a while. I'm not really excited that Amani and Marcus stayed around. Amani seems really sweet, but I can't warm to her husband.

I was also really annoyed that the surfers fluked another win. I'd hate it if they won, because at the moment they just seem to be capitalizing on the others mistakes more than doing anything particularly impressive of their own. It was frustrating some teams not read the clue properly again - you'd think after the orphanage thing that eliminated Ethan and Jenna, they'd have learned to be more thorough!

All in all a decent leg. :)
  • Options
    Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »

The team who went up in my estimation this week the most were the siblings, in particular Jennifer. She actually seems like a really nice person, which makes me glad that I didn't buy into the villain edit she received early on. It seemed really forced, so I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt so I still like her. :)

I was thinking the same thing until she jumped in front of Cathy and Bill at the pitstop. I didn't hate her for it, but it seemed a tad unnecessary and mean since it wasnt as if they were fighting for first or last place.

I was quite pleased that Amani and Marcus stayed in though. My two favourite teams at this point are Amani and Marcus and Bill and Cathy. So for that reason I didn't mind the NEL.

I think the leg was kind of average. Getting more into this series now. I enjoy the Africa legs.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode. Love it when they go to Africa!

So much drama, where to start. I agree with everyone who has posted so far; loved that Cindy took the bed incident in good humour, and it was great seeing the teams with the kids at school. I too thought Jennifer was going to be the villain of the series, so I'm happy that her personality, warmth and grace (following on from her comments about religion last week) are shining through.

There are no teams I really dislike, apart from one. Will be major pissed if the snowboarders win this season. They are really annoying, superior acting, sneaky and arrogant. It all went downhill in the last leg and just continued a pace. Out next please (and I never thought I'd be saying that!).

I'm torn over Lawrence and Zac because Zac seems like a good guy and he can't help that his dad is a sexist idiot. I don't see them lasting much longer unless Zac has a serious pep talk with his dad during the rest period. It'll only take another mistake then bye bye!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I agree, Zac is quite likeable. His Dad is becoming less and less likeable each passing week however.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really liked the episode so glad asia is over and done with i was getting sick of it and im suprised we had no india, russia or china this year actually.

the bed incident was halarious love ernie and cindy they are really genuine and likeable the same with bill and cathy. they all must of arrived at the pit stop with in 30/45 miniutes of each other, aswell which made for a verry close finish which was let down really by the non elim but the producers couldn't have known how close it would be. getting really sick of the snow boarders they just come across as really fake and sneaky hope they make a huge mistake next week amd get eliminated.
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved this leg. Cindy and the bed was hilarious:D

Kind of glad it was a NEL as I like the couple that were last. Didn't at the start but have grown in me loads.

Still rooting for Bill and Cathy and Ernie and Cindy. Hope the snowboarders are out next!
  • Options
    CwejCwej Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was REALLY pleased it was Non-Elim. I was gutted that my 2 favourite teams were racing it out for last place at the end.

The reason there's been an extra NE leg is because we had the double elimination in Episode 2 - that meant we had to have one extra NE leg. I remember thinking that at the time and I do think it's helped make the show more exciting in a way.

I thought the characters really started shining through this episode now there's only 7 teams left - I think Amani and Marcus have just overtaken Bill and Cathi as my favourite team. But I was shocked to find myself warming to Jennifer tonight - I'm a teacher too and found her feelings about teaching very heart-warming.

I cannot bear the 2 all-male teams. Laurence is horrible and the surfers get on my nerves, not least because they keep winning by accident. I thought it was really bad how long Phil kept J&J on the mat before telling them they hadn't been checked in - in such a close leg that could have made a big difference. It should have been they land on the mat and he tells them straight away that they need to go back, to save them time. He did similar to Bill & Cathi by making them wait for Sandy and Jeremy to arrive.

Next leg looks like another pretty physical leg, so I'm going to predict that it's finally the end of the road for B&C after a pretty good run to be honest.
  • Options
    CwejCwej Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh not feeling the Ernie & Cindy love. I find Cindy quite unbearable to be honest (bar the amazing bed moment, which was hilarious - she just concertinaed down :D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other than the taxi driver thing in the last episode I've loved Ernie and Cindy, they are soooooooooo adorable, especially Cindy! :D