Options

I wish the Emmerdale producer would move to Corrie, anyone agree?

2»

Comments

• Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    Or just accept Emmerdale is better than Coronation street, has always had more potential given its location and coronation action street has no automatic right to be the more important soap. Emmerdale le is where it's meant to be they should concentrate on establishing it's value instead of saving a past its best soap
  • Options
    Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, i think she belongs with Emmerdale. Shes made the soap brilliant, why change it?

She will get stale and worn out eventually its good that they switch producers every few years, it help keeps the show fresh.
  • Options
    Lisa_CharleneLisa_Charlene Posts: 4,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reserved wrote: »
    So many problems with the opening post!

Firstly, swapping producers is a big fat NO. Stuart Blackburn already took charge of Emmerdale and made it horrible; Kate Oates came in and somehow managed to save it. Blackburn then went and destroyed Corrie - ITV's own fault, they knew what he was like from his time at Emmerdale, yet clearly didn't care.

Why must 'the good people' be snatched from Emmerdale to make Coronation Street better? They should find their own talent!

I thought he was quite good on Emmerdale as I didn't see many people complaining on the forum and then messed up Corrie. Corrie definitely needs someone talented to come in as there haven't been many good characters in it for ages, loads of actors are leaving, storylines are boring and predictable and the continuity and characterisation is shocking. Even when they try to do big stunts it is awful. As a life long Corrie fan it is sad to see it in such a bad state.
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its about time ITV treated Emmerdale as Corrie's equal

Exactly. Emmerdale is always treated as second best whereas Corrie is ITV's 'golden jewel'. They should have given the live episode to Emmerdale not Corrie.

Why doesn't Corrie get BK in from Hollyoaks? He would give the show a much needed shake up.
  • Options
    mad-1mad-1 Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure she would love the chalenge of turning corrie around, I think it will be her or Darren Little who will replace Blackburn.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Kate Oates has done brilliantly with Emmerdale but she should move to another area of production for a spell once she leaves the show. Executive Producers can't keep churning stories out for years in end; ideas are limited. Give her a break from soaps, let her oversee a new project then return to Coronation Street later down the line should she wish to do so.
  • Options
    All Of MeAll Of Me Posts: 2,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart was meant to stay for another year, but was offered the Corrie job and took it.

Itv judge the officials not the overnights they show Corrie is the number one rated soap beating its rivals, people on here tend to exaggerate where Corrie is concerned looking for problems that aren't there.
  • Options
    KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »
    No waayyyy should Kate Oates and Stuart Blackburn swap. Emmerdale have had to endure Stuart Blackburn once before and they shouldn't suffer once again just because the supposedly superior Coronation Street can't be bothered to pull its weight at the moment.

I do, however, think Kate Oates would do really well over on Corrie once she has finished at Emmerdale and SB has finished at Corrie. I would be so excited to see what she would produce over on the cobbles after so much success in the dales.

This.

Kate Oates, even when reading interviews, talks so passionately and in depth about Emmerdale, it's storylines, insight to the characters thinking, what a particular type of story should do. And she's not afraid to buck a trend, case in point being having this big disaster storyline in the summer, when typically the numbers are lower. I think it's genius, because Emmerdale is the only soap people are raving about. She and her team have really shown what Emmerdale is capable of, and hats off to them, what a very tight production. Having someone with the talent of Kate Oates taking over at Coronation Street would be a good move on paper.

That said,it doesn't always transpire that they are as successful with another soap. Look at Bryan Kirkwood. From 2006 to 2010 he revitalised Hollyoaks, made it a really great show. The job at a then, very strong EastEnders came up and off he went. Initiall I thought wow, this will be good, he's done wonders at Hollyoaks. Wrong. He destroyed the show. He tried to apply the same soap principles to EastEnders that worked for Hollyoaks, namely overload the show with youngsters, throw in a bombastic storyline i.e. Babyswap and destroy two great characters in the process, Ronnie and Kat. When he left, the show was in a right old state. And then Lorraine Newman came in and it suffered even more.

Looking at Coronation Street at the moment, one thing is clear and has been for a long time, Stuart Blackburn needs to go! That does not mean he gets a one way ticket back to the Dales, no way. I didn't watch much Emmerdale during his reign there but I read a lot of criticism and many said he would destroy Corrie and guess what...they were right. Quite why ITV are adding a sixth episode of Corrie in coming weeks is baffling, it can't function on the 5 it is airing at the moment.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    All Of Me wrote: »
    Stuart was meant to stay for another year, but was offered the Corrie job and took it.

Itv judge the officials not the overnights they show Corrie is the number one rated soap beating its rivals, people on here tend to exaggerate where Corrie is concerned looking for problems that aren't there.

Rating dictate the favouritism that ITV shows towards Corrie. They certainly don't denote quality.
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its about time ITV treated Emmerdale as Corrie's equal

Not really since Corrie has a well better history