Options

luddites lament

can anyone hep a technocretin? im tired of spending a fortune on cd,s for my van only to hear them skip and scatch after a couple of weeks. i need to switch to an ipod or mp3 which is compatable with my radio/cd player (no tape ).preferrably something steam operated or made of wood. all replies in small words please G.P.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any MP3 player and any stereo with an aux in is your best bet. All you need then is a cheap 3.5mm stereo audio lead to plug your line out or headphone output from the MP3 player of your choice into the head unit.

There's a recent thread on the subject in the home entertainment forums iirc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    If you don't have an auxiliary input on your car stereo consider using an FM transmitter such as a Belkin Tonecast II. If you get an iPod rather than any other sort of mp3 player you also have the option of combined FM transmitter/lighter socket chargers so you don't have to muck about with battery chargers at home. Argos and Holfords should see you right...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd swerve the Belkin kit tbh, anything but Belkin would be great. I read about an apparantly great one recently, can;t find it now, think it was in PC Pro.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    thaks guys ,about to step into the void with an ipod nano any suggestions about a car kit ? also i already have a phone in my lighter socket ,presume i can get adouble adaptor! thanks. gp.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thaks guys ,about to step into the void with an ipod nano any suggestions about a car kit ?

Car kit?
    also i already have a phone in my lighter socket ,presume i can get adouble adaptor! thanks. gp.

Yeah, 2, 3 and 4 way adapters are readily available from Halfords etc...
  • Options
    fraserafrasera Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    integrated is expensive. headunits or adaptors that custom control ipod totally.

second best is aux in plug on the headunit. about ~150 dollars installed for a new headunit with such a feature. no quality loss.

3rd is cassette
    4rth is fm. fm interference trouble and quality is lowered to fm. bad stuff.

get a classic. the nanos capacity may not be enough to hold your entire music collection which is the killer app for car use. don't leave the thing to bake in the car. all lithium battery gadgets don't like that kinda thing...kills the battery.