What is a vinyl edition?

Comments

• comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIFA1966 wrote: »
    Quick question:

What is a vinyl edition?

I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not.

But you know an MP3, well rather than a digital file imagine a physical format.The sound waves are actually contained on a disc, usually black that is rotated. the disc has grooves on it that that allow the person playing this disc (or 'record') to hear what is recorded on it via a stylus (a pointy object).

it was very popular in the late 20th century where 'DJs" would manipulate the record to produce a 'scratch' sound. The music didn't catch on unfortunately as I was a big fan.

(I'm not mocking you, just overly complicating the answer for my own amusement)
  • grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIFA1966 wrote: »
    Which one do I get?

Standard Version

Or

Limited Edition

Or

Vinyl Edition.

Quick question:

What is a vinyl edition?

normal version is just the episodes.

limited edition is the episodes 2 discs of bonus documentarys and a companion chronicles in a nice package

vinyl version is the episodes on a vinyl record. To explain as easily as possible vinyl is a music format that was replaced by cds. Until cds it was the main format for buying music They played on a turntable or stylus and only held about 20 odd minutes of music per side before having to change by flipping it over to the other side. They are quite big compared to cds when comparing size. They are also quite collectable as a lot of the stuff released on vinyl is limited edition due to the amounts pressed or for it being a picture disc and value increases. Its actually is been making a bit of a comeback in recent years.
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for it to come out on 78 vinyl.