Foxsat HDR changing aspect ratio by itself

CK26A1CK26A1 Posts: 210
Forum Member
Apologies if this has been answered before, but in recent weeks, my Foxsat HDR keeps changing aspect ratio's by itself and it's very annoying. Doesn't matter whether it's a live broadcast or watching a recording, it keeps doing it intermittently. Anyone else have this problem and more importantly, does anyone have a cure for it ? Not sure exactly when it started, but before that, box has always been perfect. Any cure would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,615
    Forum Member
    What Video Format and Wide settings do you have it set to? This is controlled by the two buttons on the bottom left of the remote control. You may also have changed the Aspect Ratio setting on the TV to some kind of Auto setting which could be the cause. As a guide my Foxsat HDR is set to Original and Auto and the TV is set to 16:9. I assume you have it connected to the TV using HDMI rather than SCART?
  • CK26A1CK26A1 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote: »
    What Video Format and Wide settings do you have it set to? This is controlled by the two buttons on the bottom left of the remote control. You may also have changed the Aspect Ratio setting on the TV to some kind of Auto setting which could be the cause. As a guide my Foxsat HDR is set to Original and Auto and the TV is set to 16:9. I assume you have it connected to the TV using HDMI rather than SCART?

Will check, but I think my tv is set to Auto and the Foxsat set to 1080i and 16:9 Centre Cut ? I will change it to your settings and see what happens. By the way, I also have a Sky HD box connected to the same TV and there is no problem with that. Both boxes are connected by HDMI. Will let you know how the Foxsat behaves when I change it to your settings.
  • CK26A1CK26A1 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote: »

:) Followed your instructions and so far so good, no problems since yesterday. Thank You.