How do you know you have a Nail Varnish problem?

Comments

• ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You need to tell us WHAT you're buying!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started making a flames pendant, but I'm really not sure whether I like it or not? I can't decide whether to clean it all off and start again. What do you reckon?

http://elanorsnails.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/nail-varnish-flames-pendant.html
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another 3 in my collection just Technic ones this time on a bit of a budget at the moment plus waiting on QVCs next OPI show coming up as hoping it might feature some of the Holland collection that I am after. Was hankering after a few of the Nails Inc sets they featured especially some of their Glitter collections and the Vintage Rose set but want to see what OPI has first.

New colours are Cactus Flower which is pink with a slight purple shimmer through it, Amythest which is purple with a blue sheen through and one of their limited Pretty Pastels range in Lollipop which is Lilac and is very similar to OPI's Planks a Lot from the Pirates Of The Caribbean Range which is one I want to get in full size along with Sparrow Me The Drama.

Currently trying out Cactus Flower and Amythest on my toes just now as I don't want to change the polish on my nails as for once it hasn't actually peeled off or chipped so trying to see how long it lasts. Gone with OPI Russian Navy and Gold Shatter on the fingernails and loving how it looks normally I'm more into the pinks and purples.

I like the pendant Elanor I think it gives a good effect without being too OOT. Depends how bold you want it to be though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elanor I like it too, I think if it was messier it'd look a bit like a kids craft project (if you get what i mean!!)

Got Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream yesterday, thanks to my AMAZING nana. LOVE it. pics coming soon!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiggergirl wrote: »
    Another 3 in my collection just Technic ones this time on a bit of a budget at the moment plus waiting on QVCs next OPI show coming up as hoping it might feature some of the Holland collection that I am after. Was hankering after a few of the Nails Inc sets they featured especially some of their Glitter collections and the Vintage Rose set but want to see what OPI has first.

New colours are Cactus Flower which is pink with a slight purple shimmer through it, Amythest which is purple with a blue sheen through and one of their limited Pretty Pastels range in Lollipop which is Lilac and is very similar to OPI's Planks a Lot from the Pirates Of The Caribbean Range which is one I want to get in full size along with Sparrow Me The Drama.

Currently trying out Cactus Flower and Amythest on my toes just now as I don't want to change the polish on my nails as for once it hasn't actually peeled off or chipped so trying to see how long it lasts. Gone with OPI Russian Navy and Gold Shatter on the fingernails and loving how it looks normally I'm more into the pinks and purples.

I like the pendant Elanor I think it gives a good effect without being too OOT. Depends how bold you want it to be though.

Oooh, they sound nice. And navy & gold is a wonderful combination, it sounds great.
    jane-hen12 wrote: »
    Elanor I like it too, I think if it was messier it'd look a bit like a kids craft project (if you get what i mean!!)

Got Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream yesterday, thanks to my AMAZING nana. LOVE it. pics coming soon!

I didn't like the look of Mermaid's Dream til I saw someone swatching it yesterday, and it looked stunning! Dammit, I have 145 nail varnishes, and I still want more! How is that even possible?

Thanks for the comments about the pendant, I was having a bit of an insecure wobble thing, I suppose I just wanted someone to confirm that it didn't look stupid.
  • My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Put on Facets of Fuchsia yesterday. Love the colour, but not too keen on the actual varnish, if that makes sense!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Put on Facets of Fuchsia yesterday. Love the colour, but not too keen on the actual varnish, if that makes sense!

It's a bit disappointing isn't it? The theory is great, the actual result is underwhelming.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    It's a bit disappointing isn't it? The theory is great, the actual result is underwhelming.

I put three layers on, the colour is nice but I didn't like the texture of the varnish as I applied it. Shame, because I like the colour but I can't see me wearing it again any time soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I imagine everyone's seen the Ciate caviar manicures by now...well, I didn't want to wait a month for them to be back in stock and didn't want to spend £18, so I did my own!

http://talonted.tumblr.com/post/19890763515/caviar-manicure-diy

A bit fiddly, but so worth it!
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I put three layers on, the colour is nice but I didn't like the texture of the varnish as I applied it. Shame, because I like the colour but I can't see me wearing it again any time soon.

It doesn't really work as a nail varnish at all. It never occurred to be to try it as one, as it's so sheer. It works brilliantly as a topcoat though.

I wear it over a mulberry colour cream. It also looks amazing over black :D
    Forum Member
    It doesn't really work as a nail varnish at all. It never occurred to be to try it as one, as it's so sheer. It works brilliantly as a topcoat though.

I agree! Love it over black. Also looks good as a jelly sandwich :)
  • pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might try layering it over something as I really wasn't feeling it before.
    Forum Member
    Try it over black or hot pink. Looks brilliant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks - I hadn't thought of that. Three coats was enough to get a good enough covering on it's own but as I say, I didn't particularly care for the texture.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lexington wrote: »
    I imagine everyone's seen the Ciate caviar manicures by now...well, I didn't want to wait a month for them to be back in stock and didn't want to spend £18, so I did my own!

http://talonted.tumblr.com/post/19890763515/caviar-manicure-diy

A bit fiddly, but so worth it!

I've never heard of it! But I can't say I imagine wanting to try it for me - it looks a bit impractical! Won't all the little bits fall off while you're typing, or getting your keys out of your bag, or cooking? But you've done a brilliant job of imitating it for a fraction of the price!

Oooh, good idea! I'll have to try that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely think I'm holding off on the nail varnish spend for the moment OPI have got some seriously gorgeous collections coming up that I think are going to be major investments for me.

Have been eyeing up the Spiderman and Minnie Mouse collections and just saw photos of the new Germany collection for later this year seriously gorgeous colours and think I will be wanting quite a few of each collection.

Been a bit disappointed with the QVC OPI shows today though I know the treatment etc is important but just feel they are focusing on that too much rather than showing the new colours especially since this is the first that they are showing the Holland collection. It just seems at the moment they aren't really showing the range to its best and focusing on just a few of the same older collections.

Today I'm sticking with my Gold shatter but the colour has changed to OPIs Lincoln Park After Dark.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiggergirl wrote: »
    Definitely think I'm holding off on the nail varnish spend for the moment OPI have got some seriously gorgeous collections coming up that I think are going to be major investments for me.

Have been eyeing up the Spiderman and Minnie Mouse collections and just saw photos of the new Germany collection for later this year seriously gorgeous colours and think I will be wanting quite a few of each collection.

Been a bit disappointed with the QVC OPI shows today though I know the treatment etc is important but just feel they are focusing on that too much rather than showing the new colours especially since this is the first that they are showing the Holland collection. It just seems at the moment they aren't really showing the range to its best and focusing on just a few of the same older collections.

Today I'm sticking with my Gold shatter but the colour has changed to OPIs Lincoln Park After Dark.

I saw a pic of the Germany collection on Facebook - I love the names that they've come up with!

I was a bit disappointed with the QVC shows too. I thought it was too much chat and not enough nail varnish! Though it's got me intrigued with Nail Envy, I have never used it but it looks like something I need in my life!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh, a new collection? I get far more excited about OPI's names than I do about colours! I'm looking forward to some German puns. Part of me doesn't want to look them up yet, so I can think of some of my own. Not that I could think of any as good as the ones they've probably got...
    Forum Member
    I've never heard of it! But I can't say I imagine wanting to try it for me - it looks a bit impractical! Won't all the little bits fall off while you're typing, or getting your keys out of your bag, or cooking? But you've done a brilliant job of imitating it for a fraction of the price!

It is really only a manicure for a special occasion, it wouldn't last longer than a night as, although the bobbles are stuck onto the nail polish, the wear and tear would eventually make it look a bit tatty. I really like the whole effect of it though, so unusual.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh, a new collection? I get far more excited about OPI's names than I do about colours! I'm looking forward to some German puns. Part of me doesn't want to look them up yet, so I can think of some of my own. Not that I could think of any as good as the ones they've probably got...

The Germany Collection I think is going to my favourite out of the three new ones coming up but love all of them. I love the names too again sometimes more than the colours and some of the names they have come up with for it are fab. I'm guitly when buying the polish if I am between two colours of picking the one with the name I like best.

I think the Spiderman is the first to come out in May then the Vintage Minnie Mouse in June and then Germany sometime in the Autumn I guess as it's being promoted as the fall collection.

I am intrigued by the new shatter in the Spiderman collection though its apparently a shimmering green.

My Sweet Life I am thinking about giving the Nail Envy another go I'm sure I had it before but have a feeling a relative nicked my bottle of it so never really had a chance to try it but it does seem to be a good investment.
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nail Envy is worth every penny. Good stuff.

I am mostly excited about the upcoming Zoya collection :)

http://www.scrangie.com/2012/03/zoya-surf-collection-summer-2012.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    I think I also have a nail varnish obsession, I have about 80 now, mostly nails inc. and OPI. Nails inc. is my favourite, they always bring out exciting new colour collections like the new neon range! But I definitely think you can never have enough!
    I particularly love glittery top coats and the crackle effects ones to add something a bit different.
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    I wondered why everyone was down on Facets of Fuschia...when I really liked it! I didn't realise you'd been using it on it's own, I've been wearing it over black.