Assistance changing from Freesat to non freesat mode on Humax

jerpointjerpoint Posts: 50
Forum Member
I have a Foxsat HDR but am finding it very difficult to follow the manual's instructions re changing from Freesat to nonfreesat modes. I can do it but then am unable to revert back to freesat mode. All I want is to be able to look at sky news and listen now and then to Magic radio. Would like some guidelines on how just to save those stations and then get back to freesat mode. would appreciate some help as the manual is far from clear and is confusing. Thanks very much

Comments

• GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [Freesat mode]
    Menu > settings > STB mode >Press 'OK' button > Press 'exit' button
    [Non freesat Mode]
    [Freesat Mode]

as you will see pressing the 'OK' button toggles through the two options, if your like me you occasionally forget that you need to press the 'exit' button and end up in the mode that you were intending to leave.. :D
  • beejay3beejay3 Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    [Freesat mode]
    [Non freesat Mode]
    [Freesat Mode]

as you will see pressing the 'OK' button toggles through the two options, if your like me you occasionally forget that you need to press the 'exit' button and end up in the mode that you were intending to leave.. :D

Can you run that again, please?

On my Humax

Menu > settings.... doesn't offer "STB mode"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beejay3 wrote: »
    Can you run that again, please?

On my Humax

Menu > settings.... doesn't offer "STB mode"
    You need to do a Manual Tune (this is "non-freesat") before you get the STB option to switch between them.

Menu->Setup->Manual Tune

See p. GB52 in the Manual
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And as savvy posted, once the manual tune has been performed the box will be in non-freesat mode on completion.
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And as savvy posted, once the manual tune has been performed the box will be in non-freesat mode on completion.

Yes - If you have saved the settings - If you subsequently delete them all - the mode switch is no longer offered!
  • jerpointjerpoint Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Would like to say thanks and am going to have a go in a few minutes. Now in the non freesat mode after scanning there are so many stations but if one likes to have only sky news and magic radio saved in the nonfreesat mode how do you do it. Thanks again really helpful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it were me I would leave all the non-freesat channels loaded but I would move the ones your interested in up to the begining of the channel list.

While in non-freesat mode press 'Menu' > Edit channels > Edit Channel List > 'OK'... now scroll through the list pressing the up/down cursor key or a page at a time by pressing the left/right cursor key. Locate the channel and click 'OK' to select the channel, you can then locate the next channel of your choice and press 'OK' to select this one. Repeat as required. Now press the green button and the drag the selected channels up to the top of the channel list by using the same method utilising the up/down left/right buttons. Once in place press 'OK' to drop the channels in place.. Press exit and save changes when prompted.

If you really want to delete the channels then repeat the above but press the red button instead of the green one and just confirm the selection by pressing 'OK' instead of dragging them around.