Dropped calls on EE

Comments

• steffanglsteffangl Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    How do you do that please?

*3001#12345#* Call

Choose MM info, then serving PLMN. Mobile network code 30=T-Mob, 33=Orange.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's gone back to one bar again. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    steffangl wrote: »
    *3001#12345#* Call

It says mobile network code 304. Can I change it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    steffangl wrote: »
    *3001#12345#* Call

I got 30 when I switched to the first EE on the servers list. What does that mean regarding the signal?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got a -77 signal which I think means a poor reception.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    I got a -77 signal which I think means a poor reception.

Quite the opposite, that's a really good signal.

On most phones that would show as 5 bars.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »

Oh I thought less than -100 as bad. Then why are my calls not coming through and why am I getting an engaged tone when I make calls all the time?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

It's -117 now. Is that good or bad?
    Forum Member
    It's -117 now. Is that good or bad?

Bad.

-120 is unacceptable
    -100 is poor but usable
    -90 is acceptable/decent
    -80 is good
    -70 is excellent
    -60 is the best
    -50 means your phone is plugged into the mast... literally
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad.

-120 is unacceptable
    -100 is poor but usable
    -90 is acceptable/decent
    -80 is good
    -70 is excellent
    -50/-60 means your phone is plugged into the mast... literally

OK thanks. So is there anything I can do to fix it?
    Forum Member
    OK thanks. So is there anything I can do to fix it?

Step 1- Buy a tent
    Step 2- Buy canned food
    Step 3- Buy a can opener
    Step 4- pack a bag with essentials
    Step 5- Use sitefinder to find your nearest mast
    Step 6- Walk to nearest mast with everything described in step 1-4.
    Step 7- Once you've found the mast check dbm rating
    Step 8- If dbm is around -60 move onto step 9. If not then re do step 5.
    Step 9- set up tent and camp under mast

Hope this helps :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    How do you check your signal like that on O2?
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Step 1- Buy a tent
    Step 2- Buy canned food
    Step 3- Buy a can opener
    Step 4- pack a bag with essentials
    Step 5- Use sitefinder to find your nearest mast
    Step 6- Walk to nearest mast with everything described in step 1-4.
    Step 7- Once you've found the mast check dbm rating
    Step 8- If dbm is around -60 move onto step 9. If not then re do step 5.
    Step 9- set up tent and camp under mast

Hope this helps :)

I think you might need a large lump hammer as well. You may find it won't hit -60 directly under the mast so in the night you'll have to break into the compound, scale the mast and bash one of the antenna bars until it's horizontal to the ground. You'll be like a sick animal under a heat lamp but hey!, great signal.
    Hahahahahahah
  • reclusive46reclusive46 Posts: 584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jchamier wrote: »
    I wonder if you're jumping between Orange and T-Mobile services (both showing as 'EE' to confuse) as both 3G networks still exist in the majority of places.

I gather calls can't be handed over between so that causes drops.

The 4G project should eventually switch off one of the two in your area, and the 'EE' branding means you shouldn't notice any difference except no calls dropping.

Depending on your handset and OS you might be able to lock it to one of the legacy brands. On iPhones you can use Field Test to see the PLMN number 234-33 = Orange, 234-30 = T-Mobile.

That seems to be the problem. It switches from T-Mobile to Orange but drops during the switch.

Out of interest, I know 4G drops down to 3G in calls but can it drop straight to 2G for calls instead? I only ask this as I get 2G on T-Mobile OK on the 1800mhz band but don't get 3G on the 2100mhz in most of my house.
    Forum Member
    That seems to be the problem. It switches from T-Mobile to Orange but drops during the switch.

Out of interest, I know 4G drops down to 3G in calls but can it drop straight to 2G for calls instead? I only ask this as I get 2G on T-Mobile OK on the 1800mhz band but don't get 3G on the 2100mhz in most of my house.

Yes, it can hand over to 3G and 2G if i remember correctly.
    Forum Member
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    I think you might need a large lump hammer as well. You may find it won't hit -60 directly under the mast so in the night you'll have to break into the compound, scale the mast and bash one of the antenna bars until it's horizontal to the ground. You'll be like a sick animal under a heat lamp but hey!, great signal.
    Hahahahahahah

I thought that bit was implied :D
  • Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hahahahahahah
    ROFLMAO! :D:D
  • AdamukAdamuk Posts: 130
    Forum Member

I've been telling EE for months that calls drop near my home because of the handover between T-Mobile and Orange. The guys at the end of the phone couldn't care less tbh :rolleyes: the phone gradually loses all reception, drops the call, then almost instantly goes back up to full. It's irritating, and as EE have yet to admit there's a problem I don't have any confidence it'll be fixed.
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahahahahahah

Haha you would know by our resident mast watcher
  • neilybealyneilybealy Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    i've been getting the same dropped calls and 5 second silence. also each time i dial voicemail i never hear how many messages i have because it cuts out briefly

still got to july next year in contract with t-mobile but i'll be switching to 3 as i've had enough of the crap signal and lack of switchover to the stronger network
  • MinardiMinardi Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the process of moving my business phones away from Orange due to this very problem. It's unusable. Heading for O2, which works. Going to test my personal phone on 3, to see what it's like, used to be very poor but my friends who've switched recently tell me it's much better now.
  • paulkerpaulker Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I was talking to my wife today in a totally different area of Glasgow to where I normally am. There was a T-Mobile mast right in front of me. All was going well for a whole 6 minutes and boom, call failed.

What the hell is going on ?
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    They're struggling to do the upgrades and keep it all going at the same time.
    Having said that I thought you were all upgraded up there.
    It's up and down like a ****'s knickers down here. Two rural MBNL cells were off completely yesterday. I was trying to find a new customer's farm and Siri wouldn't play at all!
    They keep turning Plymouth LTE on and off as well. It's off this morning but was on 2 days ago and a week ago before that.

Incidentally, what happens if Mr Salmond get's his way? Apart from him appearing on BBC news sitting in a big leather chair, smoking a cigar and stroking a white cat? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    did anyone catch watchdog over a week ago on BBC 1 about this its beacuse of the phone if your on 4g switching back to 3g to make calls because Extremely Expensive haven't yet set up the network to allow the phones to make calls on 4g as yet so when the phones switch back it over loads the 3g network and drops calls .
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jair_Sharp wrote: »
    did anyone catch watchdog over a week ago on BBC 1 about this its beacuse of the phone if your on 4g switching back to 3g to make calls because Extremely Expensive haven't yet set up the network to allow the phones to make calls on 4g as yet so when the phones switch back it over loads the 3g network and drops calls .

It may cause problems but there is no way it would overload the capacity. They have 2x20MHz of 2100MHz there is no way they are at capacity. It may be causing a fault I will give you that but it won't be overloading it. I can see this problem happening for maybe a 6-8 months more than being resolved. If I remember right EE are meant to reach 70% coverage by december.