Barry Humphries - Judge

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also greatly miss Zoe Tyler's presence. She was always pretty honest and up-front, and though I didn't always agree with her, at least she was prepared to properly criticise and would give advice and comments on vocal aspects which the other judges don't go into as much. On the favouritism charge, I remember her choosing Helena as the one to be Maria, and wasn't always very praising of Connie, but I think she was looking at the contestants from the vocal coach perspective and so would prefer a more distinctive/rounded voice, which isn't a bad thing - it adds a bit more mixture to the judges' comments.

As for BH, I find him amusing now and then, but he is much too full of praise and the lecherous comments are wearing a bit thin now. However, having said that, when he makes a comment like "I think you'd be better as such and such" you know it means he really doesn't think they're right for Nancy, even if he won't say as much on camera.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My understanding of 'dairy fed' is that she looks hearty and a little on the plump side. There is something about her look, very fair and pinkish that I imagine was much more fashionable when people were poorer and food was scarcer. Rich people looked like that because they could afford good food. Gin alcoholics, on the other hand, probably didn't have too much in the way of body fat.

I have to admit I'm enjoying the way in which Barry has crossed and is indeed now pissing all over the line of appropriate behaviour. He's brought a 'OMG, what on earth is he going to say next' quality to the show. The reactions from Graham and John are priceless. At least Barry is equally lecherous with all of the girls. I appreciate that he isn't playing favourites. David Ian was only inappropriate when it came to Siobhan. :rolleyes:

I've just remembered that the funniest thing about Barry telling Ashley she was like an attractive Fergie was Andrew saying 'What's the matter with Fergie' :D:D:D Obviously he doesn't think she's so bad :o
    The thing is Fran isn't even chubby or chunky... she is quite slender on the stage. i could see if he meant due to her complexion perhaps, others are far far bigger there.

I totally agree with you on David Ian as well. That clip of Graham saying "bit of a slime ball that David Ian" and making comments on Siobhan's audition was hillarious.

I just hope they aren't going to keep saving people on this show, like they did on Maria...like Helena who they knew could not win over Connie. That may sound a bit conspiracy theory like, but I am sure they wanted Connie, even over Siobhan.