Options

Pave DTVA to receive Top-Up TV upgrade this weekend

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,008
Forum Member
✭✭✭
According to Top-Up TV there will be an upgrade for the Pace DTVA from today until Monday transmitted to allow use of the Pace DTVA with the top-up TV service.

Comments

• Options
    fozzifozzi Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The upgrade will start at 1pm on 17/09/04 according to the DTG website.
  • Options
    hoppyintheukhoppyintheuk Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Download started from Emley Moor at 1.10pm
  • Options
    James HarlandJames Harland Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got it and installed it.

I don't have a Top Up TV card (yet, anyway) but all the channels are there, and when you select an encrypted channel, it says "Please insert your Smartcard" and in the Signal information, instead of saying "Free", it says "Mediaguard".

Looks like it all works fine :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Saving to flash.......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It works, finally I can put the old ondigital box to bed!!

All rather easy really...just hoping my TUTV card doesn't melt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Total channels found 72. Super Dooper.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Total channels found 72. Super Dooper.

Weird, I got 75 channels! Anyway, I already picked up a TUTV starter pack and it's loaded, activated by phone and is tuned to UKTV Gold awaiting full activation, cross your fingers...

Whole update seemed problem free, 5 minutes to download, 1 minute to install - did a full 'Reset' because, from past experience, this seems to make the DTVA more stable and bug-free after an update.

Whether TUTV is worth the cost is another question, ask me in a month - but, if you're a TUTV-hater, keep your opinions to yourself, I'll make up my own mind...
    :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    If I miss this download will it be repeated? My box is in my caravan and I won't be there this weekend.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    I am not sure but you could always go to the software update option on your menu ? but unless you are living in your caravan 24/7 is it really worth a TUTV investment ? mind you if you rent it out it could be a good selling point for familys with kids on rainy days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveg2112 wrote:
    If I miss this download will it be repeated? My box is in my caravan and I won't be there this weekend.

Who knows? personally I would get to that caravan and get it to update.
  • Options
    michaelalanrmichaelalanr Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have the new version and TUTV channels appear and card works (the card was already active as it is from my 221t) - Started a 1pm on the dot from storeton.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    steveg2112 wrote:

Just read this from another link keep checking this site
    Digi Box Software Broadcasts

This is the first run of this update and the schedual is showing repeats so I am sure you will get another chance :)
  • Options
    ozsatozsat Posts: 5,745
    Forum Member
    My stb had only been on 30 minutes and was very hot when I put the card in - I can see card problems soon with this heat.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was mentioned a few days back here: http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=154503 and sits half way down the first page so why do we need two threads on this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    steveg2112 wrote:

Almost certain to be repeated, plus TUTV say to contact them for details of the update schedule if you miss it - check the PDF about the DTVA on their site.

BTW, the update also fixes the long-standing problem with composite output and the TV/DTV button so is worth getting even if you have no intention of subbing to TUTV.

My DTVA is now happily tuned into Discovery, all went smoothly...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pity it didn't do anything to improve the epg....still outstandingly horrid
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chiliblue wrote:

Certainly outstandingly sloooow. It's generally quicker to pop down to the newsagent and buy a Radio Times...

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Just downloaded mine from Bluebell Hill (1.9.108 build July 23rd 2004).
    Rescanned and got 72 channels. But it still says 'Free' and not 'Mediaguard' in the Signal Information for E4 & UK Style.

If I buy a TUTV starter pack today, is activation by phone 24x7? & how long after phone activation does it take for TUTV to start working?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    netman wrote:
    Just downloaded mine from Bluebell Hill (1.9.108 build July 23rd 2004).
    Rescanned and got 72 channels. But it still says 'Free' and not 'Mediaguard' in the Signal Information for E4 & UK Style.

If I buy a TUTV starter pack today, is activation by phone 24x7? & how long after phone activation does it take for TUTV to start working?

I used a starter pack today and there's a dedicated 'Starter Pack' phone-line with an automated activation service which is probably 24/7. It takes 5 minutes to punch in all your details and speak your name and address etc. Then you tune into an active channel, wait, and 15 to 30 minutes later you're on. So, it's pretty quick.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    is it just me, or has the upgrade broke the auto-switching between 4:3 and 16:9, mine is not working now!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    and it reboots more than ever now....argh!!! great job Pace
  • Options
    oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here in Aberdeen (Durris), upgrade went well. Can now get TOPUPTV (I already had an active card). I think I'll take precautions and only use card when needed to avoid overheating though.

If you use the DTVA on a 4:3 set, then at last it has true 16:9 letterbox mode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    stephenc wrote:
    is it just me, or has the upgrade broke the auto-switching between 4:3 and 16:9, mine is not working now!!!!!

Yes, I get the same problem. The Pace box (+TiVo) used to switch between 4:3 and 16:9. I thought it was something I'd done, phew! :cool:
  • Options
    thewilksthewilks Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    I took my DTVA to work today to make sure i get mine!

By 13.10pm i was a happy bunny :) .

A box for the kitchen now so our lass can't nag when i want to watch somthing on Top up (instead of Emmerdale or The Bill etc...).
  • Options
    BoCBoC Posts: 826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chiliblue wrote:

Got my DTVA software upgrade tonight.

The epg is slow but at least it is complete now. I never got more than now and next before the upgrade.