What did everyone think of Fame Academy?

MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
Forum Member
I'm getting this one in early - Set it up for the forthcoming discussion......
Any early favorites anyone???Remember first judgements are important....

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat Deeley?

Bob :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good thing they dont have to sing all together as they dont sound good together!
  • fruitiefruitie Posts: 6,566
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by drama_girly
    good thing they dont have to sing all together as they dont sound good together!

hee hee......I was thinking the same thing! This will be the evidence to show how they've come on with all the coaching, etc. throughout the series.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I love it!

V exciting.

I love the interactive stuff on Sky too! More toys to play with than even Big Brother!!!
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    Right Lala - Are you going to explain what that was all about.....
    ....I hope the Big Brother section is more revealing....

The thing is I never got into the whole "entertainment" thing - I like the personalities to come through - Which is why I never liked Jade - Bad personality but very entertaining apparently - So for me the singing and dancing is second fiddle......Can't wait to find out what they're really like.

The pick your own contestant is clearly rigged for the Irish lass to win.......

Come on sweet little Katie - First Female Winner of Fame Academy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D:D Great personality and what a voice!!!
  • EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,546
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed it . Not too sure about just how much talent is entering into the Academy so it will be interesting to see just how much comes out !
    They were all clearly very nervous this evening, and it was very obvious during their performances, so I wouldn't want to make any lasting judgements just yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,910
    Forum Member
    too early to make any individual judgements... but looking round the fame academy on BBC Choice (who is the goon in the tight shirt??!) it's gonna be excellent! This should have been on BBC1 ! It's also going to be great watching them going through their rehearsals every week! Can't wait to get stuck in! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it too - worlds away from Popstars, it's really good to start the show on a massive adrenaline buzz from all concerned. It *is* true to say the eleven-strong ensemble bits weren't good vocal showcases but the excitement bubbling through them all in the smaller set pieces was terrific, and if they were all flawless today then it would be meaningless to have them tutored in an academy for ten weeks!

Early favourites - thought Lemar and Camilla shone in their Destiny's Child bit over Pippa and Katie, thought Chris totally stole Standing in the Moonlight from Naomi and Ainslie, and thought Marli and Nigel's Get It On banged the gong better than Malachi and Ashley - just first impressions though.

Didn't the first of the three candidates for the vote look like Patrick Kielty though! Still say get the Irish woman in though - can't have enough women.

Forum Member
    Originally posted by johnno
    Can't wait to get stuck in! :)

Neither can I johnno, there's one particular contestant I wouldn't mind.............. but then again this is a family - type of Forum so I'll stop there I think.

;)
    Forum Member
    Katie is clearly the most talented - Her personality and talent overshone everyone in her singing segment - She is clearly going to be the most versatile and her excitement and enthuiasm shone through - She clapped the most for other contestants as well - She's a real giver...........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't overly impressed, but waiting a bit longer until I make my mind up.
    Just waiting until the get in the 'Fame Academy'

Agree with DG, they sounded awful when singing together. Although some did have good voices when singing on their own.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG :eek: just seen a fragment of the BBC Choice show and have suddenly realised - not only is Paul the younger brother of Patrick Kielty, but David is the Scottish Guy from Four Weddings and a Funeral "stop all the clocks" etc, and Sinead can - and WILL! - shoot laser beams from her freaky, freaky eyes...

Forum Member
    At the moment it's much more Popstars than Big Brother - When in house they'll be kept busy all day, they all have something in common and boredom isn't going to create conflict - I can't be arsed watching people rehearse for 10 weeks - Lala.....When will the bitching start - How does the voting off process work...?
  • HandyBendyWendyHandyBendyWendy Posts: 3,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'll give it 10 out of 10 for the feelgood factor.

It had that cold dark evening curled up on the sofa with a mug of hot chocolate feel about it........winters a-coming!! :D

Thought Sinead was the best out of the three.
  • serenaserena Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    I thought the first four were all great - the next three not particularly memorable and out of the final four, I thought Marli was a real character and I loved her voice. I voted for Miss Laser-eyes because she kept me transfixed by her performance and her accent reminds me of my cousins :rolleyes: :)
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by HandyBendy

It had that cold dark evening curled up on the sofa with a mug of hot chocolate feel about it........winters a-coming!! :D

ditto ;) Defo going to be an antidote to the dark and cold nights ahead :)

Sorry to lets the guys down :(
    I voted the northern lad.. tribal behaviour and all that ;) ... looked like a nice guy and a great voice - Sinead was good tho' I admit.
    Forum Member
    For me watching their perfect smiling images fall to a thousand peices as the pressure mounts - But I didn't like it when Big Brother gave them a guitar - So boring listening to people sing Oasis songs over and over.............
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Mesostim
    For me watching their perfect smiling images fall to a thousand peices as the pressure mounts
    Mes, would it be ever-so-unfair of me to query whether you perhaps prefer conflict over harmony just a teensy wee bit?

Think your early practice dry-run choice of Pippa though was a bit unfortunate - although having said that she might come across better In The House when it transpires she can crack walnuts in her bellybutton.

Can we have a sweepstake on When Will Ickle Ainslie Cry First? Weather reports can be checked here - watch out for that low pressure front. I bag Fri 4th Oct 23:00-23:59. He might cry at Mr Dark-Cloud but I bet he just LOVES rainbows.

Forum Member
    well done Sinead! :)

:'( but I wish David and Paul had both been in the original 11... those guys already in there better be so much better... :mad:
  • cleocleo Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what to make of this yet. We'll have to see how it goes. The talent part doesn't interest me so much as the personalities. I feel a bit cheated that they've already met and begun to bond (or not) without me.

I took an instant and completely unreasonable dislike to Pippa, Camilla and Chris. I thought Katie and Ainslie seemed quite sweet. Lots of time to chamge my mind though.

There's something about Sinead that reminds me of Jade. :eek:
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by bob.stone

Can we have a sweepstake on When Will Ickle Ainslie Cry First?
    how was this guy better than Paul or David who I take it were 'reserves' after the final selection was made? Oh well... he has to prove himself now doesn't he...
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by johnno
    well done Sinead! :)

:'( but I wish David and Paul had both been in the original 11... those guys already in there better be so much better... :mad:

Agreed - both David & Paul performed and sang far, far better than a majority of the original 11. We shall see.
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by bob.stone
    Mes, would it be ever-so-unfair of me to query whether you perhaps prefer conflict over harmony just a teensy wee bit?

Think your early practice dry-run choice of Pippa though was a bit unfortunate - although having said that she might come across better In The House when it transpires she can crack walnuts in her bellybutton.

Can we have a sweepstake on When Will Ickle Ainslie Cry First? Weather reports can be checked here - watch out for that low pressure front. I bag Fri 4th Oct 23:00-23:59. He might cry at Mr Dark-Cloud but I bet he just LOVES rainbows.

Not unfair at all Bob - Conflict is entertainment - Harmony is boring...Very very boring - If I wanted that I'd stick with Popstars......Pippa was unfortunate but lucky for me it was just for ironic effect - Tahnk god for Katie - She's so natural and sweet:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    The beeb didn't push the phone numbers enough:( . If this had been on ITV then the numbers would have been on screen most of the time.

They said they'd had thousands of calls. If they'd pushed those numbers a bit more then they could have got 10 times as many.

Anyway the best one won!:)
  • serenaserena Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Mesostim
    Tahnk god for Katie - She's so natural and sweet:D

Agreed - but does she bring out your protective instincts, or the lecherous..?