ssssssssssssssss Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    best wishes mate :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by paul_m
    wow, teletext have actually done something that works - its a miracle!! still not a patch on bbci tho! (although it looks better as it has pictures etc)

It is vastly better than the very slow old service. It seems to fly along but does seem to need to get more info every 10 channels or so. That's a minor gripe.

100 times better than the old channel 9:)

How much better DTT is with Digital Spy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Now wouldn't it be handy if you could press 'txt' on one of the itv1/2/news and it brought up teletext. Or would that be too clever for them?
  • Options
    chrisychrisy Posts: 9,421
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by prking
    On Digital Teletext if you go to the user guide and jump to the "Welcome" screen. It says it is using new technology which is still in development. It has said this since it started years ago.

Yep, it also says you can "still key in your favourite page numbers", which I believe was a feature of Digital Teletext long before I came on the scene.

Chris
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    Now wouldn't it be handy if you could press 'txt' on one of the itv1/2/news and it brought up teletext. Or would that be too clever for them?
    hedghogz

Teletext is a seperate company to ITV. ITV used to have its own digital text service and has its own analogue text service on ITV 1 page 600. Its unlikely Teletext will be available from ITV's digital channels.
    Yep, it also says you can "still key in your favourite page numbers", which I believe was a feature of Digital Teletext long before I came on the scene.
    chrisy

Yes, it worked okay. I don't think Teletext really know what they want to do with the service. It needs a big re-vamp.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Hector
    IF YOU HAVE A NEW, NON-EX-ITVD BOX, you can now enjoy using a revamped 'TV Navigator' on Channel 9 Teletext. Shows all new channels, including the radio channels and even the Community Channel!
    Shows now and next in boxes at the top and you can scroll down programme details for the whole day. Channel info can be selected by directly keying in the number or by scrolling left/right. The highlighted channel can be viewed by pressing select/ok/whatever. Only gremlin I have identified is that this last feature (pressing ok to view channel) does not work for channel 5 - possibly others but not checked them all. Grundig GTD1500.

That seems to be true with regard to the TV navigator, which doesn't work for me using an old Nokia box. Not too much of an issue as I use DigiGuide.

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by scargill
    My ex ITV-D box used to literally take 5-10mins to load the coloured buttons on all the pages. On the front page it still doesn't work, but the EPG page works!
    Lets hope Teletext make something useful and usable! (tho personally I think I'll still be sticking with BBC-i)

Originally posted by jratkinson
    That seems to be true with regard to the TV navigator, which doesn't work for me using an old Nokia box. Not too much of an issue as I use DigiGuide.

As mentioned on here before many ex-ITVD nokias don't display the first page of the teletext channel properly (no logo or colours on buttons) if MHEG on another channel has been loaded first. To get it to work on my 9850T you have to select the Teletext Channel 9 then put the box into standby and wake it up again - then it all works.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't used teletext for ages on my nokia box - it's just so damn slow and buggy. But I just tried this and am well impressed. It's even quite fast.

Mind you, it was a bit of a trek getting there....

Goto channel 9, press text
    Press tv navigator, wait...
    Box goes back to page saying 'press text to enter'
    Box hangs, reset box
    Go back to channel 9
    This time press yellow straight off
    Nice EPG.. at last.

Thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by mstombs
    As mentioned on here before many ex-ITVD nokias don't display the first page of the teletext channel properly (no logo or colours on buttons) if MHEG on another channel has been loaded first. To get it to work on my 9850T you have to select the Teletext Channel 9 then put the box into standby and wake it up again - then it all works.

At the time I had the MHEG info loading correctly, but pressing 3 (TV navigator) just took you back to the front screen.

So, doing a standby didn't cut it, but doing a reset seems to do it (followed Digidragon's instructions).

• Options
    Digi_MasterDigi_Master Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On my nokia box i just go to ch9 turn of the box n on again then the colours come then press yellow
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    If all Text services on DTT have a loading progress bar like the internet and games consoles have then i dont think speed would be the big issue it currently is. Ok it would still be slow but at least you would know when something is going to happen. Im sure it would be very easy for them to add.