The Bold and the Beautiful Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nowirehangers-there was only 3 eps of bold in states last wk as basketball took the slots on thurs and fr but you and Tiffany should try soaptubetv re "bold",hope that helps.......cheers!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    You should consider yourself lucky if you no longer watch this show. I have watched it since 1999 and it used to be the greatest show on TV but it has sadly declined over the last few years and now all it is reduced to is week after week of the appalling triangle of Hope, Steffie and Liam, 3 of the worst characters ever to appear in any soap. I'm hanging out til the 25th anniversary episode next week and then am seriously considering giving up once and for all.
  • NoWireHangersNoWireHangers Posts: 909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't consider myself lucky. I like the show. Although I agree tha love triangle is tedious I believe it can get back to how it was. Anyway my point is that episodes we being uploaded daily and now nothing, nowhere. It's really annoying. I wanted to see Jackie's exit
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    Sorry, wrong thread!
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Started watching this again recently, from Deacon's return onwards. Having not watched since Diva canned it (then went under, surprise surprise), I gather it's about a three year gap episode-wise and I can't believe the transformation. I could see the hallmarks in the last year I saw with the steady introduction of younger characters like Owen and Marcus, but it seems they've just been chucking out the old guard all over the place since! I love Bill, it has to be said, but it's annoying seeing the other older characters play supporting roles to the likes of Hope (where's the cute little girl with the curly hair!), Liam and Steffy.

And now I hear the devastating news that B&B is getting a double blow, losing both Stephanie and Ridge over the next few weeks! How the show is going to cope I can't imagine, they've just thrown out Nick and Jackie, and now this! I do hope though that the show doesn't continue to revolve around the younger characters, it just doesn't work, it's too much of a change from the show that is supposed to be based around Forrester Creations!

Anyone else catching up on B&B recently?
  • NathanTNathanT Posts: 1,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching French pace (which is about 2 years behing the US) but following US spoliers, and I'm really shocked by the news that Ron Moss is leaving!

A character I used to find arrogant and self-righteous, Ridge has surprised me by becoming a good husband and father-figure for Brooke and their various offspring in recent years. The Brooke/Oliver necklace gate story just aired here and I really liked the mature way Ridge dealt with it. Ridge seemed to be growing into the role of natural succesor to Eric as Forrester patriarch, and it's a shame he's now leaving. Though Brad Bell has affirmed that the character of Ridge will return - either played by Ron or recast. (In reality I think he's hoping Ron will be persuaded to return.)

In the meantime, the only positive I can see emerging from Ridge's exit is the opportunity to move Brooke in a new direction and reaffirm her as a strong and independent woman. I hope that the writing team make the most of this.

It's upsetting that Susan Flannery is going as well, and her decision looks like a direct knock-on effect of Ron's quitting. Though I must admit the recent writing for Stephanie, Taylor and Steffy (three characters I love) has a tendency to paint them as the three witches and has me disliking them. I hope that Stephanie gets some better material in the lead-up to her exit.

And I agree, with these two casting blows, it's a crying shame that characters with masses of untapped potential like Nick, Jackie and Bridget have been disposed of so freely and easily. I would like to think that, with Ridge and Stephanie on the way out, we will get to see more of Thorne, Felicia and even Kirsten - though I won't hold my breath. I appreciate the need to flesh out the younger set, but the show really needs to reassess its character balance now that two out of four original cast members are on the way out.
    Forum Member
    Started watching this again recently, from Deacon's return onwards. I love Bill, it has to be said, but it's annoying seeing the other older characters play supporting roles to the likes of Hope (where's the cute little girl with the curly hair!), Liam and Steffy.
    I think if you had started watching at the start of the year, when the show really transformed and upped its game, you may have felt a little differently, as for the first 4-5 months, the show was still throwing bones to Stephanie/Eric/Ridge/Rick/Amber, and Jackie/Nick/Owen/Donna had their thing ticking along, and the triangle was really good. But since then the show has become a one-story show, and the triangle has gotten old. Props to them for hitting on a winning formula, as B&B is the only soap to gain this year, while the other 3 have been bleeding out.

I don't think Stephanie's departure will hurt the show, as they've been phasing her out for the last few years... unless they kill her off, then that could have a negative effect. Ridge is a different story; I don't know how they'll write him out in a believable way that will also free up Brooke. I can't see them killing him off, as they'll probably want to try and entice him back at some point.

This could be a blessing for the show, as they could go with a Brooke/Thorne/Taylor triangle, or a Brooke/Bill/Katie triangle, as they've already sowed some seeds with this earlier in the year. There is also potential for more Forrester Creations rivalry, too. B&B just needs to focus on more than one story, as they do have rich canvas as it is; they need to do something with everyone and not rely so heavily on the same old 3 characters who will at some point burn out.

BTW: where are you watching full episodes? PM if you can. I was watching up to April, but stopped as my source started uploading to a site that was seriously slow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    I haven't been on here for ages, nice to see the familiar names still talking about B&B! I've given up hope of this ever being back on our screens in the UK - whatever happened to the promise of Electric Sofa?
  • NoWireHangersNoWireHangers Posts: 909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Started watching again last week on YouTube but CBS have already caught the account. FFS!

Whatever happened to sofa stars channel which never launched, I wish somewhere would show it from where diva left off.

That said its not in its best shape right now
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know where I can watch US pace? I found a site but most eps don't work :(
  • Cole DeschanelCole Deschanel Posts: 3,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely can't get my head around the fact that this crap is still running on CBS in America. It was on top form throughout the 90s with the best TV villain that was Sheila Carter played by the incredible Kimberlin Brown & up to early January 2007 when Kyle Lowder reprised the role of Rick Forrester. When it embarked upon exploring the incestuous relationship between him & Phoebe as well as shifting the focus to music with mundane American Idol winner Constantine, it went into a dip but came roaring back with Brooke's custody battke/rate, the Forresters winning their company back & Stephanie ' s shooting. I gave up in the Summer of 2010 when they lumbered Stephanie with cancer & they went down a path of showing the rundown streets of LA, the best TV matriarch befriending the homeless and spreading awareness of illnesses etc. This took away the shows essence and abandoning its roots. There was no glitz 'n glamour, no power struggle at Forrester Creations. Having Thomas develop romantic feelings for Brooke (the woman who practically raised him when Taylor "died" in October 2002) was sickening.

Bradley Bell has done a terrible job with this show since his father died. What did they do for the 25th Anniversary? :confused: It would have been really good if Bobby Eakes returned to dig Macy up from the grave. It should be axed
    Forum Member
    It should be axed
    Oh, I don't think it should be axed, Cole - the show has gotten good again. Like, seriously good. OK, so they can never go back or start emulating the successful 80s and 90s, but as modern B&B goes, this is the best it's been in a long time, IMO. I think it says something that it is still internationally popular and, is in the best health out of all the US soaps right now.

They have a good mix of characters and ages right now; the show's production is awesome, and lots of things are going on. The power play at FC has been brought back (well, the episodes from April, which is where I'm currently up to) between Rick and Ridge; Quinn is a delightfully rounded bitch; and Aly Forrester is super cray-cray, what with her obsession with Hope, hatred for Wyatt and Quinn, adoration of her mother Darla, to the point of hallucinating her mother's floating head giving her pep talks :D, her burning hatred for Taylor who she blames for her mother's death, and her sweet friendship with Oliver.

They haven't replaced the role Stephanie had, which isn't too much of an issue. Nu-Ridge sucks. Just really awful, and his pairing with Katie is also awful. But, Brooke and Bill have chemistry, and so does Bill and Quinn... The Dubai shoot looks awesome and, I can't wait until I catch up to those episodes.
  • FluffyBunnykinsFluffyBunnykins Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's back in the UK :)

Now all I have to do is find out what has happened AD (after Diva). Apparently we start with the introduction of New Ridge :o

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/news/a632357/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-returns-to-uk-with-new-youtube-channel.html#~p5Lz1PG5qOjJnp
  • CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's coming back to UK screens, this time via a dedicated YouTube channel. Hopefully this will be a permanent home and solve the problem of it being dropped continuously by broadcast channels due to low ratings over the years

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/news/a632357/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-returns-to-uk-with-new-youtube-channel.html#~p5LMNQFdwhEAGs
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,268
    Forum Member
    I can't do it anymore. I'm giving the show up. It kind of died when Stephanie did anyway.
  • TiffanyThorneTiffanyThorne Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What wonderful news! I can watch the show via Youtube on my Tv. Happy! :):):):):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonderful news. I've watched bits and pieces over the years, but I can't quite imagine it's the same show without Stephanie.
    Forum Member
    Wonderful news. I've watched bits and pieces over the years, but I can't quite imagine it's the same show without Stephanie.
    Stephanie's departure left a hole that has never been filled (despite me saying I didn't think it would - it really did). But, the show turned itself around in 2014, which felt a lot more like the 90s.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has everyone been keeping up with the episodes on YT? Just watched yesterday's Christmas episode. I almost forgot how cheesy they are! All about family, remembering Stephanie, love how Ridge failed to mention his dead daughter though!

Missing Taylor too, and why is Bridget not around?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    Stephanie's departure left a hole that has never been filled (despite me saying I didn't think it would - it really did). But, the show turned itself around in 2014, which felt a lot more like the 90s.
    I think the show's at its best when it's focusing on the fashion rather than the merry-go-round of who's marrying who etc. hope to see more of that.

The Forrester Creations / Spectra Fashions rivalry, that's the kind of classic stuff I want to see again! Obviously now without the wonderful Sally Spectra :(
    Forum Member
    Has everyone been keeping up with the episodes on YT?
    Missing Taylor too, and why is Bridget not around?
    I'm all up-to-date with US pace, so this whole venture is a year out of date for me. :(

Bridget is the forgotten Forrester - one step below Kristen. In fact, she's the new Angela.
    I think the show's at its best when it's focusing on the fashion rather than the merry-go-round of who's marrying who etc. hope to see more of that.

The Forrester Creations / Spectra Fashions rivalry, that's the kind of classic stuff I want to see again! Obviously now without the wonderful Sally Spectra :(
    Whenever the show veers away from fashion, it suffers. The fashion element does seep back into the show, but nothing like the days of the Forrester/Spectra rivalry. I suspect due to budget restraints, they probably can't afford another fashion house, and I think after they tried to replace Sally with Jackie M, which didn't really work, they're probably less inclined to go back there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B&B is back on properTV .. again! It's on a channel I'd never heard of before called CCXTV which is Channel 23 on Freeview. There's an omnibus today (Sunday) at 11 and then it's on daily at 10, 12.30 and 18.30. I can't find this channel on my Sky box. I have no idea where we join the story. I’m just happy to have it back. I never got into the YouTube episodes. I watched a bit after the introduction of New Ridge, whom I prefer to Old Ridge, but have no idea what's happened since. How many more times have Ridge and Brooke been married? Who has been SORASed? Who has come back from dead? 👻
  • DippitDippit Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched a bit after the introduction of New Ridge, whom I prefer to Old Ridge, but have no idea what's happened since. How many more times have Ridge and Brooke been married? Who has been SORASed? Who has come back from dead? 👻

Brooke and Ridge have only been married once during new Ridge's tenure on the show. New Ridge almost married Brooke shortly after he first arrived but Katie had fallen in love with Ridge and fainted at their wedding and Ridge and Katie had a brief affair. Then Ridge ended up married to Caroline Spencer II for a while but she got pregnant by Thomas, had Thomas' son Douglas and later died offscreen. Brooke was married to Bill for a while after he divorced then remarried and then divorced Katie again. Brooke eventually divorced Bill and married Ridge.

RJ, Brooke and Ridge's only biological child, was SORASed in 2016 to 16 and for a while had a love interest in the form of Coco Spectra, sister of Sally Spectra II and great-niece of Sally Spectra I. This was part of a somewhat short-lived storyline to reintroduce the Spectra clan. Eventually RJ and the Spectras were all written out, but eventually Sally II came back.

Hope and Liam's daughter Beth was stolen by a doctor and given to Steffy to adopt (Steffy didn't know the child had been stolen). Hope and Liam later found out their daughter was alive.

Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dippit wrote: »
    I watched a bit after the introduction of New Ridge, whom I prefer to Old Ridge, but have no idea what's happened since. How many more times have Ridge and Brooke been married? Who has been SORASed? Who has come back from dead? 👻

Brooke and Ridge have only been married once during new Ridge's tenure on the show. New Ridge almost married Brooke shortly after he first arrived but Katie had fallen in love with Ridge and fainted at their wedding and Ridge and Katie had a brief affair. Then Ridge ended up married to Caroline Spencer II for a while but she got pregnant by Thomas, had Thomas' son Douglas and later died offscreen. Brooke was married to Bill for a while after he divorced then remarried and then divorced Katie again. Brooke eventually divorced Bill and married Ridge.

RJ, Brooke and Ridge's only biological child, was SORASed in 2016 to 16 and for a while had a love interest in the form of Coco Spectra, sister of Sally Spectra II and great-niece of Sally Spectra I. This was part of a somewhat short-lived storyline to reintroduce the Spectra clan. Eventually RJ and the Spectras were all written out, but eventually Sally II came back.

Hope and Liam's daughter Beth was stolen by a doctor and given to Steffy to adopt (Steffy didn't know the child had been stolen). Hope and Liam later found out their daughter was alive.

Thanks for all this. Any face transplants? I've worked out that the CCXTV programmes are those starting in January 2019 and your last paragraph is in the process of happening. As you have been kind enough to update me on what I've missed, I'm not going to grumble about spoilers 😀🥂

• TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    What I cant get my head around is, CCXTV is clearly just a placeholder channel which is designed to be sold and then replaced. So why put B&B on it? I'd always assumed that the reason soaps keep coming and going is that they're expensive. This would suggest they aren't too expensive.
    It really annoys me that they've never given a US soap the time to build a fan base