Options

BBC Breakfast - Revolving Door Sunday

Comments

• Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlie will be delighted he always looks so ill at ease presenting with her and there is no interaction between the two which bodes well for the future. I can see the GMB figures rising.
  • Options
    epm-84epm-84 Posts: 3,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's four Sundays in a row for Roger then!

Going forward, when the second permanent female presenter is announced, I suspect that they will have to be North-West based (which would work against Naga Munchetty, but favourable to the likes of Steph McGovern and Sally Nugent).

Another issue in the background is a back-up male presenter, who could step in at a couple of hours' notice, like what Louise Minchin did one Friday last month when Charlie Stayt cried off sick at the eleventh hour. I remember on one occasion when the programme was in London, Bill Turnbull had cried off sick and Simon McCoy "moved up a shift" to accompany Sian Williams. Maybe time to give Mike Bushell a try at news presenting one Sunday so that he could fill this role?

I imagine in an emergency on a weekday Roger Johnson would be called in early. He would be in later at MediaCity to do the North West news. One of the usual stand-ins for Roger Johnson on the North West news is Stuart Flinders who has previous BBC News channel experience.

A similar question could be what would BBC do about the weather on Breakfast in an emergency if a failure means they can't link up with the London studios for the program?
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Charlie will be delighted he always looks so ill at ease presenting with her and there is no interaction between the two which bodes well for the future.[/b[] I can see the GMB figures rising.[/b]

Surely not. A bold statement to make, one which could come back to haunt you!
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    epm-84 wrote: »
    I imagine in an emergency on a weekday Roger Johnson would be called in early. He would be in later at MediaCity to do the North West news. One of the usual stand-ins for Roger Johnson on the North West news is Stuart Flinders who has previous BBC News channel experience.

A similar question could be what would BBC do about the weather on Breakfast in an emergency if a failure means they can't link up with the London studios for the program?

At a guess still captions while the presenters hilariously have a go themselves or would they hijack the North West regional presenter?

By the way, wouldn't it be more of a problem that London couldn't go to Salford rather than Salford going to London?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    At a guess still captions while the presenters hilariously have a go themselves or would they hijack the North West regional presenter?

North West only has a weather presenter for the 18:30 and late news on weekdays. The rest of the time they use the pan-regional team based in Nottingham.
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"We can't go over to London, so... look out of the window."
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    You're behind the times - he has been given an expanded role to encompass both the Birmingham and Bristol as BBC Director England. So him living in the North is not an issue.

Another made-up job on the BBC gravy train. Nice work if you can get it....
    North West only has a weather presenter for the 18:30 and late news on weekdays. The rest of the time they use the pan-regional team based in Nottingham.

We hardly ever seem to get Kaye Forster on North West Today, during Breakfast. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Surely not. A bold statement to make, one which could come back to haunt you!

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    We are approaching the second anniversary of BBC Breakfast's move to Salford. As a result of this move, this created three presentation teams; Monday-Wednesday presented by Bill Turnbull and the now-departed Susanna Reid; Thursday-Saturday presented by Charlie Stayt and Louise Minchin and Sunday, which is just about anyone, which is why I've titled this thread (I have seen Sunday referred to as "Pick 'n Mix Sunday" on another forum) and because of the randomness of who is presenting on this day, this deserves its own thread. Over the past 2 years, the following have hosted Breakfast on Sunday:-

Jon Kay, Roger Johnson, Nicholas Owen, Tim Muffett, Adam Parsons, Simon McCoy, John Maguire

Naga Munchetty, Sally Nugent, Steph McGovern, Jenny Hill, Deborah McKenzie, Sian Lloyd, Katherine Downes

(Apologies if I've forgotten anyone)

The pairing for Sunday 16th March will be Jon Kay and Naga Munchetty.

It's a similar situation with the presenter of the sports news within the programme. Sally Nugent presents Monday-Thursday and Mike Bushell does Friday-Saturday and as for Sunday, it appears any random person at the BBC Sports Centre slots in.
    I see Naga (well named) Munchetty got the job. I am disappointed, she has no sense of humour, belittles fellow presenters and constantly moans about the weather unless it is hot and sunny, in fact the photo of her on the BBC news page for the announcement if the first time I have seen her smile.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Charlie will be delighted he always looks so ill at ease presenting with her and there is no interaction between the two which bodes well for the future. I can see the GMB figures rising.

Would the BBC really have paired them together if this was true?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    Would the BBC really have paired them together if this was true?

Their body language and general demeanour is so different from Bill and Louise and they have actually been together very little in the last few weeks. It may be the editor of Breakfast had very little choice although personally I think Sally Nugent is by far the better presenter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    We hardly ever seem to get Kaye Forster on North West Today, during Breakfast. :(

Kaye's freelance, the rest are contracted so they use only use Kaye if none of the contracted people are available.
  • Options
    petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    debiais wrote: »
    in fact the photo of her on the BBC news page for the announcement if the first time I have seen her smile.
    Although in that photo the only smile that looks genuine is Minchin's (the eyes are a giveaway).
    Also, Munchetty's teeth appear to be far, far whiter than any one else's (confirmed with PS colour picker tool)

How long until Charlie leaves for Sky or C4, I wonder?
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carol Kirkwood blooper - dog gives his opinion of her weather forecast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbrSIdxTLcY
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kaye's freelance, the rest are contracted so they use only use Kaye if none of the contracted people are available.

Aww... :( She should do it all the time! Even on her days off!
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Carol Kirkwood blooper - dog gives his opinion of her weather forecast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbrSIdxTLcY

"Video has been removed by user"
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"Video has been removed by user"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htZNNJsxhp8
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    petely wrote: »
    Although in that photo the only smile that looks genuine is Minchin's (the eyes are a giveaway).
    Also, Munchetty's teeth appear to be far, far whiter than any one else's (confirmed with PS colour picker tool)

How long until Charlie leaves for Sky or C4, I wonder?

I had to chuckle at that post,
    Naga may well have white (bleached) teeth but her pearly whites are positively dull in comparison to Rylan Clark.

Amongst my friends and I (amateur photographers), we have an ongoing joke that Rylan Clark's teeth are the perfect metering tool for a cameras white balance
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And would you be her unpaid PA 7 days a week to ease the workload on her ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And would you be her unpaid PA 7 days a week to ease the workload on her ;)

Yes, I would be her breasts-weigher :D
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I would rather watch Naga on breakfast than Susanna Reid on Good Morning Britain anyway if the week 24/7! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlie cut across Naga this morning so she wasn't able to do her usual nonsense with the weather man.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Why do we have to have such a long weather forecast every half hour? If Kirkwood wants so much time (most of of it spent on unnecessary and tedious banter with the presenters) - it would be better to have one forecast per hour and a very short summary at other times.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Yes, I would be her breasts-weigher :D

My husband would love this job. I asked him about the pay and he said he could afford to pay up to £100 a week.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boygreg wrote: »
    Why do we have to have such a long weather forecast every half hour? If Kirkwood wants so much time (most of of it spent on unnecessary and tedious banter with the presenters) - it would be better to have one forecast per hour and a very short summary at other times.
    "Most of the time"? No, that really isn't the case
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    They should put BBC North West Tonights gorgeous Beccy Meehan on Breakfast - even during the week - she's got a very warm, natural presenting style and she is very good looking - perfect for Breakfast TV!

Having said that, I'm happy for her to stay as a permanent fixture here in the North West. Along with Claire Nasir doing the weather, we've got a great looking line up! :)