Options

The Bold and the Beautiful Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    scorpio20080scorpio20080 Posts: 2,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen this news so thought i'll post it here. Dont know if anyone else has seen it but its pretty depressing!:eek:
    CBS has pulled the plug on As the World Turns after more than a half-century on the air.

After cancelling Guiding Light earlier this year, the announcement leaves the network with only The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful as its two remaining daytime dramas.
    Full story:http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a190524/as-the-world-turns-cancelled-by-cbs.html

Wonder what this news holds for B&B? Hope they dont go and cancel that one too anytime soon..:eek:
  • Options
    Cole DeschanelCole Deschanel Posts: 3,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen this news so thought i'll post it here. Dont know if anyone else has seen it but its pretty depressing!:eek:

Full story:http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a190524/as-the-world-turns-cancelled-by-cbs.html

Wonder what this news holds for B&B? Hope they dont go and cancel that one too anytime soon..:eek:

To be honest and I know most of you will wanna shoot me for this (lol) but the way B&B has been from late 2007 (you'll get the epis on Diva TV in early January) through to where I'm up to US pace in Sept 2009, it's better off getting the chop. It's the same ridiculous love triangles with the same players. Forrester Creations isn't the same as there's less corporate focus with boring characters since it's the Logan territory now. We've not had voting around the conference table for over 3 Years when Nick took control in 2006 & shares haven't exchanged hands.

I've lost count as to how many times Brooke's cried over her beloved Ridge in the last 2 Years. With the Diva TV epis too... As good as it's been with Shane McGrath murder, Taylor's IVF/mix-up with Brooke's eggs, the custody battle, rape, Donna chasing after Thorne & one explosive storyline in a couple of months, 2007 is what started the downfall of the show when Rick was replaced by the awful Kyle Lowder who doesn't blend-in as Brooke's son & especially as a Forrester. Bradley Bell was stupid for shifting the focus to the music element by introducing the 2006 American Idol winner Constantine on the show who is a shit actor. This isn't B&B in the slightest & William J Bell wouldn't have been impressed by it. Rick/Phoebe falling for each other was sickening & I forwarded all their scenes. At least Bridget got over her feelings for Ridge in early 2003. So the sooner the show is put out of its misery, the better. B&B' demise can't come soon enough for me.
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    To be honest and I know most of you will wanna shoot me for this (lol) but the way B&B has been from late 2007 (you'll get the epis on Diva TV in early January) through to where I'm up to US pace in Sept 2009, it's better off getting the chop. It's the same ridiculous love triangles with the same players. Forrester Creations isn't the same as there's less corporate focus with boring characters since it's the Logan territory now. We've not had voting around the conference table for over 3 Years when Nick took control in 2006 & shares haven't exchanged hands.

I've lost count as to how many times Brooke's cried over her beloved Ridge in the last 2 Years. With the Diva TV epis too... As good as it's been with Shane McGrath murder, Taylor's IVF/mix-up with Brooke's eggs, the custody battle, rape, Donna chasing after Thorne & one explosive storyline in a couple of months, 2007 is what started the downfall of the show when Rick was replaced by the awful Kyle Lowder who doesn't blend-in as Brooke's son & especially as a Forrester. Bradley Bell was stupid for shifting the focus to the music element by introducing the 2006 American Idol winner Constantine on the show who is a shit actor. This isn't B&B in the slightest & William J Bell wouldn't have been impressed by it. Rick/Phoebe falling for each other was sickening & I forwarded all their scenes. At least Bridget got over her feelings for Ridge in early 2003. So the sooner the show is put out of its misery, the better. B&B' demise can't come soon enough for me.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::

noooooooooooooooooo THEY CANT GET RID OF B+B. I dont care how many times Brooke gets back with Ridge or Bridget cocks up another operation or Stephanie wants to be in total charge of her kids love lives lol....I love it all. ...

LaineyT:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::

noooooooooooooooooo THEY CANT GET RID OF B+B. I dont care how many times Brooke gets back with Ridge or Bridget cocks up another operation or Stephanie wants to be in total charge of her kids love lives lol....I love it all. ...

You can't be serious LaineyT! :rolleyes: Does the repetitiveness of this show not drive you up the wall? Cos I for one can tell you that it makes my blood boil. Brooke/Ridge haven't grown-up in all these years, they're still the most adolescent minded characters who continue to go back & forth to this very day. US pace isn't much different to what's happening on Diva TV. Yes the trashiest couple in SoapLand are separated at the moment with the 2007 epis but you know they'll wind-up back together. It was pointless to even throw Ridge in Ashley's orbit cos you know he only has eyes for his precious "Logan" who can't go 1 day without needing a man in her bed. She's become a needy/clingy/obsessive bimbo over the years & it's pathetic. The only people who she really suited with were Deacon, Thorne & probably Grant Chambers (though I don't recall seeing them together in the mid 90s) even if it was a short marriage. The show wreaks of predictability & the same crap is rehashed time & time again.

The only person whose worth tuning-in for is the notorious Stephanie. Her words of wisdom are always moving. Bridget has been turned into a woman who can't keep her word. I don't see Y&R getting the axe as it's been No #1 in the ratings for over 2 decades so unless 2010 promises to be the Year things shake up in LA like the good 'ol days, I hope it's given the boot fast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Im deadly serious lol... Ive only been into B+B since it started on Diva so its still all new to me . I love it when they do the odd flashback to the "olden" days. What did they do before botox came along lol.. I love all the Ridge and Brooke/Logan and Nick lol. I know I know Im at that funny age I cant help it.
    But its a hour a day where I can forget about the bills and whats for the tea and how much weight have I put on lol.. So I say long live Bold and the Beautiful and I hope Rick and Phoebe win the Boldface challenge :D:D

Sorry Cole :rolleyes:

Lainey
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved today's episode when Stephanie pulled Donna by her hair and tried to throw her out..:eek::D and then Thorne (still laugh at this name..:o) came and dropped the bombshell by saying that they were engaged..the look on stephanie's face..:D

PS: Did anyone read my post at the top of the page? Post 26? Does anyone know if Hallmark will still show B&B after the 18th?:confused:
  • Options
    TiffanyThorneTiffanyThorne Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :

I couldn't agree more! The news that ATWT is being cancelled made me very sad because I've just enjoyed reading CBS Soaps in Depth :cry: I never watched ATWT or Guiding Light. My parents have been watching All my Children for more than 25 years and they've just started watching One Life to Live. My sister in law still loves General Hospital. Personally, I think most US soaps are crap. They have crap acting, crap dialogue and storylines that wouldn't convince a three year old. I LOVE Bold even though the actors often stumble through their lines or nearly drop the cheap props. I LOVE Bold even though most of the location scenes are obviously shot in studios. I love it because of Brooke and Ridge constantly getting together, declaring each other their destiny and then breaking up, I love it because of Steffy and Phoebe becoming teenagers overnight, then Steffy dissapearing, I love it even though Brooke worked her way through the whole Forrester family (obviously Rick takes after her when it comes to keeping it in the family). When Stephanie rips into Brooke and calls her a **** from the Valley (again), when Brooke and Taylor fight over Ridge or Nick, when another wedding is magically organized in hours and then interrupted by an ex, it's TV gold! :cool: It so reminds me of the days of long long ago when I used to take a study break to enjoy the sheer badness of Dynasty. I hope that Brooke, Taylor, and Stephanie will continue for many many catfights to come.... but to be honest, I wouldn't miss Ridge. He's much too wooden to be fought over :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really felt for Thorne today. Winsor Harmon is a great actor but so underused and his character Thorne is overshadowed by big brother Ridge. Im glad he didnt let mother dearest walk all over him just like she did with Ridge...:D Those scenes at the end of the first episode today were really very powerful!

Cant wait for tomorrow's episodes and judging by the episode guide its the rape scenes. I just hope that diva tv dont cut it out because its prewatershed!:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really felt for Thorne today. Winsor Harmon is a great actor but so underused and his character Thorne is overshadowed by big brother Ridge. Im glad he didnt let mother dearest walk all over him just like she did with Ridge...:D Those scenes at the end of the first episode today were really very powerful!

Cant wait for tomorrow's episodes and judging by the episode guide its the rape scenes. I just hope that diva tv dont cut it out because its prewatershed!:eek:

The last time Stephanie tried to convince Thorne of her love for him was back in 2004 when Eric chose Ridge over him to remain at Forrester Creations after tensions mounted over Spectra getting their designs. So it's been a long time coming for Queen Forrester to take her eyes off dumb Ridge & focus her attention on the one son whose needed it more than the eldest who is Brooke's lapdog.

I'm afraid Diva TV may be forced to edit/cut Brooke's rape scenes cos it's WAY before the watershed hours & a lot of fans will find it disturbing & gut-wrentching. I know channel Ten in Austrailia heavily edited the scenes & they air the show at 4:30pm after Y&R. For once Brooke is a damsel in distress over this current situation & I side with her 100% as she's not "invited" it herself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I saw what happened to Brooke today it was terrible and flaming Stephanie is to blame setting that man up to get Brooke out of the way.

LaineyT
  • Options
    Indigo DugganIndigo Duggan Posts: 146
    Forum Member

I'm afraid Diva TV may be forced to edit/cut Brooke's rape scenes cos it's WAY before the watershed hours & a lot of fans will find it disturbing & gut-wrentching. I know channel Ten in Austrailia heavily edited the scenes & they air the show at 4:30pm after Y&R. For once Brooke is a damsel in distress over this current situation & I side with her 100% as she's not "invited" it herself.
    When did this happen. wasnt Y&R on channel 9 (win)
  • Options
    jimmy22jimmy22 Posts: 3,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me what's going to happen with Bold on Diva? Just been on the Diva TV forums and apparently Bold's being taken off air from 18th dec for two weeks..:eek: Last year I remember it had been taken off for only a couple of days, not this long. Im guessing its do with the rebranding of diva in january? Does anyone know if Hallmark will continue to show Bold after 18th dec?:confused: I really hope so.

Bold will be taking a christmas break and will return on the 4th January, on Hallmark & diva tv which will be rebranded Diva universal.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that Jimmy .

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw what happened to Brooke today it was terrible and flaming Stephanie is to blame setting that man up to get Brooke out of the way.

LaineyT
    I know. Like Cole said above it was really gut-wrenching!:eek: Its more terrible watching it on the tv than on your computer which is how I saw it the first time round. Im surprised they didnt cut the scene out on friday. I dont know if they did it at the 11am one, but they didnt do it during the 6-7am episodes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I thought this weeks episodes were very powerfull. KKL gave a great performance.

I am also loving the dialogue between Stephanie and Donna - 'when you lie when dogs you get flees' LOL! Her hatred for all things Logan is so true to the character but I do not believe that she would go as far as she has done with this recent storyline.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stephanie wont accept any of the blame for Brookes rape , she will say shes lieing and asked for it. But I dont suppose she thought for one moment that would have happened. Poor Brookes going to be in a right state at the court hearing into getting her kids back. She will have a black eye for one thing as he belted her across the face :o

LaineyT
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell, the last time I watched B&B (in 2003)
    RIdge and Brooke had got married (again) but somehow Ridge went missing and was thought dead - this was just after he had found out Eric wasn't his father and Bridge wasn't his sister so they seemed to fall in love over night despite being brother and sister for years :D

I think thats what was hapening - it was all rather confusing at the time

Dunno what episodes are being shown at the moment and how far back they are showing so I thought i'd better spoiler it :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On Diva they are up to 2007....Taylors with Nick and pregnant...Ridge is with Ashley....Thorns with Donna (for now lol) Brookes had the kids taken off her.....Rick and Phoebe are in some singing contest with Constantine:rolleyes:. Before I forgot he must be pretty big in America. I was watching Alan Carrs Chatty Man show and Myle Cyrus was on and she was going on about her birthday party she had and he a show just for her !

LaineyT
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know where I can view fridays episod online? (if u can plz PM me) I missed it unfortunately
  • Options
    Forum Member
    anyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Id say Hallmark Sky 130 on Monday they are a day behind Diva for their episodes.

Lainey:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    you did see the time of my last post which is above yours right? :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know where I can view fridays episod online? (if u can plz PM me) I missed it unfortunately

Yea so I posted when you could see Fridays episode...which will be today on Hallmark as they are a day behind...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea so I posted when you could see Fridays episode...which will be today on Hallmark as they are a day behind...
    Actually friday's episodes would have been yesterday (monday) on hallmark and yesterday's episodes were on today.

Loved yesterday's episodes, Brooke is a wonderful actress and I still dont get why she didnt win the Emmy award for best actress...:confused::mad: "Slipped in the shower", yeah right - who falls for that?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh flaming hell lol....sorry losing all track of time and days lol...Oh well nearly xmas :rolleyes: Put it down to being at that "funny age" lol

Lainey:D