Sharron on This Morning

Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
Forum Member
I think Sharron is coming across well. She gave reasonable answers to all Philip's questions.

Philip takes it far too seriously.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It made me laugh when he did that earnest face and in all seriousness talked about 'public outrage' and 'it's never been done before'. :D
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    IF jayne and chris reallyknew what was good for her they would have let her change the song
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sharron moaning again shes never watched it before and thought there was more skating

phil points out the show is called dancing on ice not skating on ice
    Yeh.... I bet she's never watched it before!!! ;) All these series and she'd not seen it? :yawn:

Now she has said to Phil and Holly that she'd be first to put her name down for Hockey On Ice if there was a series!!!:confused: That's even faster than skating so why would she want to do that? Money maybe... just like when she did Gladiators and packed it in? :rolleyes:
  • monno2monno2 Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Everything she said seemed reasonable and she came across good to me.

(as an ex professional) She seems to know what her body will and won't do and maybe Chris and Jane don't listen sometimes? She seemed genuinely concerned her shoulder wouldn't hold up with their routine. We only got to see the bits last night that ITV wanted to show though.
    Pushing a contestant to perform to their best is good but they should also listen to them and how they feel. As a sports woman Sharon would know more that most what aches and pains mean.

As for Jason walking off - two wrongs don't make a right. And as they said his comments are far from nice half the time so what right has he got to walk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Well, Phillip should take it seriously as he fronts the show and, as he pointed out to Sharron, it's the first time in the show's history that anyone has decided to change their music and format of their programme from that designed by Chris and Jayne!

Chris and Jayne take careful consideration as to the choreography which they feel each celebrity can handle and Sharron completely changed it to suit her own individual needs without even having the courtesy to discuss it with them first!

What if all the other celebrities decided to do the same?
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, Sharron did come across well (particularly her well-measured response to jason walking out). I have to admit, I also listened to what Pavel had to say. I don't think he invented the clicking noise, and he made the point about the VT. IMO Phil came across a bit aggressive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she has never seen the show what did she thing she was signing up for?
  • winenroseswinenroses Posts: 6,470
    Forum Member
    To be fair, Sharron did come across well (particularly her well-measured response to jason walking out). I have to admit, I also listened to what Pavel had to say. I don't think he invented the clicking noise, and he made the point about the VT. IMO Phil came across a bit aggressive.

What did she say about that?
    Forum Member
    Yeh.... I bet she's never watched it before!!! ;) All these series and she'd not seen it? :yawn:

Now she has said to Phil and Holly that she'd be first to put her name down for Hockey On Ice if there was a series!!!:confused: That's even faster than skating so why would she want to do that? Money maybe... just like when she did Gladiators and packed it in? :rolleyes:

I agree MrsR. I was amazed when Sharron said she'd put her name down for 'Hockey on Ice' if there was such a show.

I don't believe she's never seen any of the previous shows either!!

She couldn't hack it and should have been more honest IMO and just say so rather than use her old swimming injuries as a constant excuse for not doing this, that or the other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    winenroses wrote: »
    What did she say about that?

Something along the lines "did he? to be fair he never talks to me anyway, so I didn't realise". jason is who he is and says what he wants"....

This is probably not completely right, but instead of saying, yes he was a p**ck and that was so unfair etc, she didn't really get into any discussion about it. I did like the fact that Pavel was mentioning that Jason had overstepped the mark a few weeks back (I think in response to Phil's assertion that Jason had thought Sharron to be disrespectful).

Sorry I'm not very good at repeating these things, but something along those lines (hope I didn't make it up:o)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change music Or I Quit..

I think its what hacked them all off
  • winenroseswinenroses Posts: 6,470
    Forum Member
    Something along the lines "did he? to be fair he never talks to me anyway, so I didn't realise". jason is who he is and says what he wants"....

This is probably not completely right, but instead of saying, yes he was a p**ck and that was so unfair etc, she didn't really get into any discussion about it. I did like the fact that Pavel was mentioning that Jason had overstepped the mark a few weeks back (I think in response to Phil's assertion that Jason had thought Sharron to be disrespectful).

Sorry I'm not very good at repeating these things, but something along those lines (hope I didn't make it up:o)

thanks that's absolutely fine and should think conveys it very well.:) Cheers.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Sharron just said that Jason is Jason - and didn't rise to the bait Phil was throwing her way. It was Pavel who said that he felt Jason overstepped the mark - not Sharron! She said much though she loved the show - she loved her shoulder more.....

I thought Phil was being overly aggressive towards her and she handled his attitude very well. I think she had a point when she said she thought the show was more about SKATING than about all the the lifts and tricks. T&D in their heyday never did any big lifts (against the rules of ice dance as explained by Nicky in the DOI Friday show) and we found out last week that Jayne and Karen had never done the headbanger themselves until this series. The show is after all called DANCING on Ice which most reasonable people might consider to contain ice dancing rather than Pairs/ Adagio/ Exhibition skating
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    Change music Or I Quit..

I think its what hacked them all off

That's it in a nutshell oathy. Nice and succinctly put. :)
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the bottom line for ANYONE is that health issues do come first, but I think rather than go off and change the music and routine without telling them, (which was wrong !!!) she should have said...ok guys...I am going to have to withdraw, because I am not prepared to do myself any further damage. SIMPLES !!

Is everyone forgetting that this is a Sunday night light entertainment show and not the friggin Olympics!! Philip was going on like she had comitted some mortal offence.
    Forum Member
    Pavel said that they changed the music - and adapted the T&D choreography to fit the slower music - but the majority of what they did in last night's routine was what they had been given (or words to that effect!).

He also commented about the VT not showing exactly what had happened but was shut up on that pretty quickly by Phillip.

I heard Sharron asking for a slower piece of music a couple of times in the VT as well as saying WHY she needed a slower routine - but she seemed to be being totally ignored
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    CaroUK wrote: »
    Sharron just said that Jason is Jason - and didn't rise to the bait Phil was throwing her way. It was Pavel who said that he felt Jason overstepped the mark - not Sharron! She said much though she loved the show - she loved her shoulder more.....

I thought Phil was being overly aggressive towards her and she handled his attitude very well. I think she had a point when she said she thought the show was more about SKATING than about all the the lifts and tricks. T&D in their heyday never did any big lifts (against the rules of ice dance as explained by Nicky in the DOI Friday show) and we found out last week that Jayne and Karen had never done the headbanger themselves until this series. The show is after all called DANCING on Ice which most reasonable people might consider to contain ice dancing rather than Pairs/ Adagio/ Exhibition skating

What a lot of egos are on that show!!!!!! LOL. Torvell and Dean looked furious that Sharron had dared to change the music and routine!! The judges constantly harped on about how they wanted contestants like Hayley and Danielle who will "try anything" Phil was very disapproving although we have never seen him skate or do a headbanger!!!!! Jason is just ridiculous as I noticed he walked off the panel near the end of the Results but Sharron made is clear during her This Morning Interview that he said nothing to her about the whole fiasco. Typical of Jason to milk it for media attention but not to say a word to Sharron after the show, well there were no cameras rolling so what was the point.

I think the whole lot of them are all rather up their own bottoms!!! It was an eye opener!! Sharron has a right, as any contester SHOULD have, to say if something might perhaps permanently injure her and the show's producers MUST HAVE KNOWN about her sport injuries as the contestant have to pass a medical before booked for the show. I think the whole panel and Phil were very over the top about the whole thing. Poor Sharron, she was bullied to an inch of her life but kept on smiling!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a lot of egos are on that show!!!!!! LOL. Torvell and Dean looked furious that Sharron had dared to change the music and routine!! The judges constantly harped on about how they wanted contestants like Hayley and Danielle who will "try anything" Phil was very disapproving although we have never seen him skate or do a headbanger!!!!! Jason is just ridiculous as I noticed he walked off the panel near the end of the Results but Sharron made is clear during her This Morning Interview that he said nothing to her about the whole fiasco. Typical of Jason to milk it for media attention but not to say a word to Sharron after the show, well there were no cameras rolling so what was the point.

I think the whole lot of them are all rather up their own bottoms!!! It was an eye opener!! Sharron has a right, as any contester SHOULD have, to say if something might perhaps permanently injure her and the show's producers MUST HAVE KNOWN about her sport injuries as the contestant have to pass a medical before booked for the show. I think the whole panel and Phil were very over the top about the whole thing. Poor Sharron, she was bullied to an inch of her life but kept on smiling!!!

This is an interesting take on it (I'm serious). I particulary agree about the bit in bold.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Castanet wrote: »
    I agree MrsR. I was amazed when Sharron said she'd put her name down for 'Hockey on Ice' if there was such a show.

I don't believe she's never seen any of the previous shows either!!

She couldn't hack it and should have been more honest IMO and just say so rather than use her old swimming injuries as a constant excuse for not doing this, that or the other.

To be fair to Sharron, I think her "Hockey on Ice" comment was just a joke in response to a very aggressive interview by Phil who seemed to think that Sharron had done something immoral by changing her routine and music!!!. I do believe the whole video editing was done to make it as dramatic as possible but I did hear her say on more than one occasion, that she could not do the routine due to injury but was merrily ignored. Personally, I think any contester has a right to say, enough, I cannot do this SAFELY, They are the ones who will end up injured or in a wheelchair, not PHIL who I have never seen on the ice!!!!!!
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't see it but from what I have read, it seems that Philip was goading and over-serious and Sharon and Pavel were being diplomatic and light-hearted - yes?
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,648
    Forum Member
    k9fan wrote: »
    Didn't see it but from what I have read, it seems that Philip was goading and over-serious and Sharon and Pavel were being diplomatic and light-hearted - yes?
    I would say that's an overstatement. Philip was trying to address the issue, which he (and others) seem to see as a fairly serious breach of etiquette or whatever. I wouldn't say he was goading, though. Sharron and Pavel were being diplomatic, not particularly light-hearted.
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But it makes no sense that she should put the same choreography to new music. The choreography would be the prolem, not the music. Sharron's problem is that she only wants to dance routines that she enjoys.
    Forum Member
    Phillip was definitely trying to provoke a bitchy reaction from Sharron with the questions he asked and the way he asked them.... she didn't rise to it.

Both she and Pavel were very dignified and gracious and came across well.

Sharon says she will be continuing to skate on her local rink in Swindon as she loves skating - but she isn't too upset about being out of the show due to the injuries.

She and Pavel seem to have had a great relationship and seem to be good friends. They were both very supportive of each other - and I don't think I've ever heard Pavel talk as much in all his series on the show.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »

Yes! To be fair, Sharron came across really well. I was expecting her to be defensive (she wasn't), I was expecting her so say something nasty about Jason (she didn't). She let Phil finish, and made her points well. I think Pavel came across very well, but was twice interrupted by Phil (who came across very badly - Holly was much better). Pavel at least made the point about the edited VT (we are seeing what they want us to see), and the fact that Jason overstepped the mark a few weeks back. Pavel did sound as if he had respect for Sharron, and mentioned that he heard her shoulder click, and he seemed to not like that.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you.

I am glad that Sharon and Pavel built up such a good partnership.