• suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cowsland wrote: »
    Watching mlb right now.
    Mlb.com feed (never seen it before) and definitely not hd
    But the grass is ok !
    LOL

Well on my tv grass looks like fluffy clouds so still terrible.I have a 40" tv
  • packerbullypackerbully Posts: 2,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well on my tv grass looks like fluffy clouds so still terrible.I have a 40" tv

Agreed. No definition, so I am watching MLB.tv!

However today ESPNA have confirmed they are still trying to find the cause of the problem. So lets leave them at it. They have a completely different set up to Sky in that without any HD facilities at their end they have some wonderful work around to get the HD pictures upto 28 degrees from the feeds they receive.
    Now they obviously know it is not an issue from the US and I would imagine they have quite a routing to look through that they get the pictures to the uplink site through.

Anyway NFL now on ESPN HD!

PS I have 42 inches!
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    MNC looks better than it did yesterday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. No definition, so I am watching MLB.tv!

I should have said it is SD that is why there is no definition - so watching in HD on MLB.tv. The picture from behind the pitching mound was actually quite good and it was SD. Truthfully you can see more detail in the mound and around the batter than you can on an HD broadcast!

Loved Channel 4's coverage of NFL last night. Preferred it to 5's the last few years...and the memories at the start when they showed those old clips...man I was so young then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    MNC looks better than it did yesterday.

US sport on ESPN HD is 95% good - so much better than ESPNA HD.

I agree with those above that the SD broadcast of the MLB tonight on the HD channel showed more definition around the pitching mound than HD broadcasts. Anyway I am watching MN Countdown. Just watched last nights Skins Cowgirls game.
  • richiebabeerichiebabee Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, MNF looks pretty good on ESPN UK. Even the long shots that were looking terrible on the college football look pretty good.

Sadly, work tomorrow calls... :(
    Forum Member
    Well, MNF looks pretty good on ESPN UK. Even the long shots that were looking terrible on the college football look pretty good.

Sadly, work tomorrow calls... :(

Yes the NFL coverage was nice - shows the issue with picture on ESPNA can be sorted if they use the same routing of picture that ESPN HD uses for US sport.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The shots were better and i liked the coverage but after watching the sky picture espn uk still have problems with grass pixles again,but granted it was not as bad as espn america but there is still an issue with blocky grass etc on espn uk esp on longer shots.
    Forum Member
    The shots were better and i liked the coverage but after watching the sky picture espn uk still have problems with grass pixles again,but granted it was not as bad as espn america but there is still an issue with blocky grass etc on espn uk esp on longer shots.

That is why I said 95% right earlier up the page. Most ESPNA viewers would live with that quality all the time - I would.
    What you must agree is that the NFL and US sport in general has a much better picture than EPL SPL Bundesliga etc on ESPN HD though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    enjoyed nfl on espn hd last night. nice to have no natter between the breaks. picture was indeed good but I would say 90% there as I agree that there were times when there was lack of definition and blurring on the field when there should not have been!
    anyway better than espna at the moment.
    thanks packerbully for that update. when espna is sorted i take espn will as well. they just need to re wire their system!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets hope so as i do like the channels and the MNF games were great although i did record them as it was too late for me:D
  • ConverseConverse Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    Anyone know if there is live NHL this season onESPN? Can't seem to see any mention anywhere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Converse wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is live NHL this season onESPN? Can't seem to see any mention anywhere.

There are loads of games on both ESPN and ESPNA. On the ESPN tv website have a look at the live sports link.
    Forum Member

On second thoughts I agree with you having watched the Chiefs Chargers game. Still blurring on ESPN HD picture as well on medium to distant shots but a lot better than ESPNA. Oh well they will sort it by Xmas.
  • ConverseConverse Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    There are loads of games on both ESPN and ESPNA. On the ESPN tv website have a look at the live sports link.

Thanks for that - didn't see that schedule link. Looking forward to some late night hockey.
    Forum Member
    See Germany are getting ESPN America HD shortly. Will be interesting to see if they have the same picture issues. I would expect not. At least it will help decide where the problem is.
    Does anyone here get Sky Germany and will they be able to report back.
    ESPN must surely not be launching a new HD service if they know there is a problem??????????
    Forum Member
    Any news anyone on HD problem,? I have to think ESPNA and ESPN do not care about picture quality which is so wrong. If they did it would be fixed. I also wonder if ESPNA HD germany will be ok. If it is then maybe it is S`kys fault?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    that is exactly what i think . that they dont give a damn about that hd picture issue . or they dont have a clue what they should do . i dont understand how they cant deliver the same quality as they already did when espn hd started . i mean , if they have done it before , how hard it is to do it again .
    other than that hd picture issue , i cant complain about anything else regarding espn and espn america .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    here here totally agree.The picture is still terrible on both channels i am thinking of leaving as they obviously dont care.But the strange thing is when sky was doing the filming for the prem league last year picture was great and at the start of this season they showed you games from last year and picture was fantastic so maybe its a production issue but i must admit most of this poor resolution has been here since espna HD started i just hope they sort it and bloody soon.:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ESPNA do care considerably about their channel. Look how many times they have listened to their viewers to the point where we have an excellent channel.

The NFL on ESPN is so much sharper than the EPL SPL and Bundesliga on the same channel! The NFL is not right but still a lot better. Then the same baseball game on ESPNA when broadcast on ESPN is again a lot better, but again not 100% correct.

They must have a complicated setup and well lets hope. But yes ESPNA do care and they have a great channel which is unfortunately ruined by the HD quality.

SD picture of ESPN is also horrible. But that is another issue and is down to resolution of their broadcast which needs upping.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The NFL on ESPN is so much sharper than the EPL SPL and Bundesliga on the same channel! The NFL is not right but still a lot better.

I am referring to the close up of reporters which show additional sharpness although the grass on MNF was still not the HD quality it should be. In fact the blimp shots were awfully blurred (not as bad as ESPNA blurred but pretty bad)
    Forum Member
    That is the issue, I just do not think they have got their resolutions right. How they can continue to broadcast this awful picture is unimaginable - WHY ESPNA?
    They must be doing something to sort it out. ESPN HD is better than ESPNA HD - why? Surely they have someone who is high up in the company that watches the broadcasts and goes Yuck.
    Why are MLB TV and NFL Gamepass pictures sharper than the HD channels?
    ESPN / ESPNA please come on this board and give us an update.
    I have a friend who has HD on a 32 inch tv and sits about 12 feet away - he gets no benefit from HD but thinks it was brilliant until we sat closer (normal distance for that size tv) and he saw how poor the picture is when compared to Sky Sports.
    Forum Member
    Anyone get an online questionnaire from ESPN America today. a friend of mine did. I did not. probably cos I dont subscribe to their emails.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NitaJez wrote: »
    Anyone get an online questionnaire from ESPN America today. a friend of mine did. I did not. probably cos I dont subscribe to their emails.

Nothing for me. I do get the monthly emails...maybe tomorrow. Would like to receive it.
    Have registered on ESPN fan forum though.
  • alwaysabearalwaysabear Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    I have joined the ESPN Fan forum , but so far I have had no questionnaire. I suspect each one will be tailored to a viewers preferences.