*The Lady Gaga Appreciation Thread* (Part 6)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woah just read them. Absolute desperation. That's all I get from them.
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Someone better call this witch a flower because she's pressed as hale.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    I get why she would be pissed, but I think it's a tad early to jump on her like that.

We don't even know what the hell Gaga is planning with the mermaid stuff. We have no idea whether the wheelchair was just circumstantial, a practicality for the stage, and plays no part.

Unless Gaga starts a chorus line with mermaids in wheelchairs singing showtunes...I think Bette should settle down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup. It just reeks of jealousy of the "new girl"
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Is she a lunatic? Who the hell runs around begging to be credited for enacting a mermaid in a wheelchair? Is she under the impression it's some sort of high concept revolutionary performance piece? It's dumb as hell. Did she invent mermaids? No. Did she invent mermaids not being able to walk? No. Did she invent the wheelchair being the primary method of transportation for those who cannot walk? No. Ludicrous. I'd tell the heffa to sit down but she'd break the chair.
  • AfterlifeAfterlife Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This bitch screams "desperate".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame. I always viewed Bette as a respected, composed woman but now...
    Forum Member
    She's going to look very stupid if it turns out to be barely similar.

Or worse yet, if Gaga actually cites Bette as the influence. Awkwarrrrd.

She follows her on twitter, and I doubt she hasn't been told by one of her gays. Perez at the very least.
  • AfterlifeAfterlife Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "By one of her gays" :D Love it. :D
    Forum Member
    Her gays are like the flying monkey minions from the Wizard of Oz :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love mermaids, havent seen her wheelchair performance, but i hope she doesnt call them retarded :(

Bette may be pressed but hey, she may have a point to make! Doesnt really matter.

We still dont know which song will be the next single and we dont know what the video will be like. Anyways.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    LOL go on Winnie.
  • You_Tell_MeYou_Tell_Me Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Bette wasn't even the first to do Mermaid in a Wheelchair, in some old Superman comics as far back as 1959 there was a Mermaid character called Lori Lemaris, how did she get around on land? You've guessed it, a wheelchair...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a very odd feeling that the single choice is going to be revealed today :D :cool:
  • Bettie_BooBettie_Boo Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyones favorite witch Bette Midler hasn't taken kindly to Gaga's Mermaid in a Wheelchair Homage. I get she may be pissed, but I think she's taken it too far. Like someone said on twitter, her first tweet was fair enough, the second a little desperate, the third just plain sad. :rolleyes: To be honest she puts me in mind of Baby Jane Hudson the way she's clinging on to 'Mermaid'. :p Lost some love for Bette. :(

ROFL:D
  • smashboxsmashbox Posts: 4,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyones favorite witch Bette Midler hasn't taken kindly to Gaga's Mermaid in a Wheelchair Homage. I get she may be pissed, but I think she's taken it too far. Like someone said on twitter, her first tweet was fair enough, the second a little desperate, the third just plain sad. :rolleyes: To be honest she puts me in mind of Baby Jane Hudson the way she's clinging on to 'Mermaid'. :p Lost some love for Bette. :(

Sounds like a bitter cow. I'm sure she wasn't the first person to dress as a mermaid.
  • ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo. PART 6. :cool: Us monsters go hard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just listening to Bloody Mary and I never realised how good it was! I always liked it but am just now appreciating it's amazing-ness!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Off to rehearsal for a surprise performance and video. :) love you monsters. Fight for your life."

GaGa just posted this on her fb.
    Fight for your life = lyric from Scheisse = fitting with my thoughts.
    SCHEISSE FTW <3!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mechajlo wrote: »
    "Off to rehearsal for a surprise performance and video. :) love you monsters. Fight for your life."

GaGa just posted this on her fb.
    Fight for your life = lyric from Scheisse = fitting with my thoughts.
    SCHEISSE FTW <3!

GRRRRR I was just about to officially think it was Yoü and I and now MORE cryptics!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GRRRRR I was just about to officially think it was Yoü and I and now MORE cryptics!!!

I still think the umlaut earlier was signifying that it was German, otherwise I have *no* idea.

It all points to Scheisse! Maybe it's a double A-side release?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mechajlo wrote: »
    I still think the umlaut earlier was signifying that it was German, otherwise I have *no* idea.

It all points to Scheisse! Maybe it's a double A-side release?

BUT she said it was unexpected and didn't Scheiße win the poll?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schiebe = mermaids?! Then again its Gaga, I'm interested to see what she comes up with...

And BTW = 7th week in albums top 5, **** YEAH!!! :cool:

As for Bette Midler, yeah I can understand her calling Gaga out...but no need to be such a bitch about it :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the video (mermaid wheelchair etc) and song IS Schiesse then i think this could be a chart topper! If the video is immense and the song has a lot of airplay ( IMO it is one of the best of her career) and also Mermaids (The Little Mermaid, Cherish, Splash! all pop cultural successes!) which i also love the idea of! I hope it is Schiesse now and not You & I this will be her best video and song release to date i think!

as long as Hair has a video release, Marry The Night is released and Heavy Metal Lover is released i think we will be back on the right track again! :cool:

Look forward to it all again i must say!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    x_bibs93_x wrote: »
    Schiebe = mermaids?! Then again its Gaga, I'm interested to see what she comes up with...

And BTW = 7th week in albums top 5, **** YEAH!!! :cool:

As for Bette Midler, yeah I can understand her calling Gaga out...but no need to be such a bitch about it :(

Unfortunately Bette to gaga is what Morrissey is to Madonna...and gaga, BUT who has the last laugh and who is still relevant out of the pairings! ;):cool:

The only difference is i dont mind Bette :D
This discussion has been closed.