Corrie 29/6/12- The Rovers Raturn

dulliredullire Posts: 20,207
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Evening cobblers. Don't worry you're not seeing things Corrie is on tonight. Tonight sees our last visit to the cobbles this month. My last thread was June 1st, it's good to be back!:D
Episodes
7893 & 7894

Director
Duncan Foster

Producer
Phil Collinson

Writer
Jonathan Harvey

Coming up in tonight's double:

Beware Stereotype Overload!
As Stereotype wakes alone, he is convinced that Marcus has stayed at Aiden's. But Marcus is on Sexy Maria's sofa and is in no mood to explain himself to his whiney lover. As Marcus calls at Number 11 to get ready for work, Sean wants to talk now - but Marcus insists he hasn't got time and they can speak later.

Working himself into a stupor, Stereotype follows Marcus to work and demands they talk before launching a slanderous attack on Aiden. :yawn:

As Marcus is given a lecture for being unprofessional at work, Sean realises he's got it wrong and tries to apologise. Back on the street, Sean regrets going in all guns blazing, insisting his insecurities just took over. Responding, Marcus reveals that he's never looked at another man, but all this mistrust does prove there's something badly wrong with their relationship.

As Sean pleads with Marcus to go back to the way things were, Marcus isn't sure they can - they want different things now. Marcus wants a family, but is Sean prepared to reconsider adoption? Well that's what attracted him to Sean in the first place, he acts like a child! As both wonder where this leaves them, could it be the end?Hopefully.........

People in Glass Houses.........
As Leanne heads into town to look for work, Nicholas takes Simon for breakfast. Witnessing this, Peter's blood boils, leaving Cruella wondering if it's more than Nick's relationship with Lord Simon that Peter is jealous of!

As Peter overhears Nick suggesting that Leanne starts working in the Bistro with him, he's spoiling for a fight. Dragging him away, Carla urges Peter to accept that Leanne is moving on and draw a line under his acrimony with Nick for Simon's sake. Will Peter agree?

Rat Attack!
"Rear of the Year" Slutnita is determined not to let Bitchy Eva force her out of her job. But does she have any ammo for the fight? Beth sparks a chaotic situation when she accidentally lets Craig's pet rat loose at the pub.

A terrified Eva panics over the rodent, but it seems that the problems are only just beginning when an inspector from the council turns up! Can the Rovers staff deal with the situation?

Rats by Dr Seuss
If your ratty gets all scatty 'cos his coat is getting matty
And he's acting kinda batty now he doesn't look so natty
If he starts to get all chatty and to voice pratty demands
Then beware! You've got a bratty tatty ratty on your hands.

If your doe has had a go with all her bro' bucks in a row
And you've seen her face aglow and her belly grow with woe
If she's getting glad and gloating and gargantuous in girth
Then at any time you guess that your grand girl is gonna birth

If your buck has had no luck getting his lazy butt unstuck
And you pluck him from his hammock to a chorus of "You suck!"
If his flaccid furry form is in a squishy slug disguise
Then it's right to get this roly rotund rat some exercise.

Whose Mary's new attraction?
Nosy Norris has a lot of apologising to do if he's to make it up to Scary Mary.
Later, Harold heads off dancing with Norris, all of Mary's old feelings of inadequacy return - until Royston challenges her to a game of chess

Thanks Reet & AC for 2 great threads this week!

Corrie Birthdays:

January:

Carla Connor: 3/1/75
Aadi & Asha Alahan: 13/1/06
Ryan Connor: 14/1/92
Tracy Barlow: 24/1/77
Kirk Sutherland: 28/1/82

February:
Amy Barlow: 9/2/04
Eva Price: 10/2/88
Tina Mc Intyre: 18/2/91
Rita Tanner: 25/2/32

March:
Dev Alahan: 3/3/64
Norris Cole: 5/3/40

April:
Dennis Tanner: 1/4/42
Peter Barlow: 5/4/65
Gail Platt: 18/4/58
Karl Munro: 27/4/63

May:
Maria Connor: 5/5/83
Kirsty Soames: 24/5/82
Marcus Dent: 29/5/78

June:
Izzy Armstrong: 2/6/86
Steve Mc Donald: 26/6/74
Jason Grimshaw: 27/6/83

July:
Liam Connor Jnr.: 1/7/09
Leanne Barlow: 2/7/81
Simon Barlow: 3/7/03
Deirdre Barlow: 8/7/55
Sally Webster: 11/7/67
Audrey Roberts: 23/7/40
Chesney Brown: 26/7/94

August:
Stella Price: 11/8/63
Kylie Platt: 22/8/87

September:
Max Turner: 2/9/06
Kevin Webster: 3/9/65
Jack Webster: 6/9/10
Tommy Duckworth: 9/9/92
Sean Tully: 12/9/76
Owen Armstrong: 20/9/58
Roy Cropper: 21/9/54
Fiz Stape: 25/9/84

October:
Eileen Grimshaw: 7/10/61
Ken Barlow: 9/10/39
Emily Bishop: 18/10/29

November:
Sophie Webster: 4/11/94

December:
Hope Stape: 6/12/10
Tyrone Dobbs: 15/12/82
Joseph Brown: 24/12/11
David Platt: 25/12/90
Nick Tilsey: 31/12/80

My last thread's poll results:
Q. Do you want Rita & Dennis to marry?
77 votes

Yes 48 votes
I couldn't care less if they do/don't 23 votes
No 5 votes
Not sure 1 vote

Next week's Corrie schedule:
Mon. 7:30 & 8:30: Rita's Kabin
Wed. 7:30: agatha_crispies
Thurs. 8:30: oldnjaded
Fri. 7:30 & 8:30: me

Finally if you want to read all the latest Corrie gossip you can read my spoiler thread:
Corrie spoilers: all you need to know

Hope everyone has a good weekend and enjoys the episodes.:) Next Friday, Corrie will air it's 8000th episode and we'll find out whose better in the sack: Nick or Peter.

Who should Marcus be with? 132 votes

Sean
6%
SULLATuvokCythnagoldenfingersarahcsoccycantelpitChattinglilTass B 9 votes
Aiden
12%
square_eyesRita's KabinD*****timetogetagripontheloop54Face Of Jack[Deleted User][Deleted User]ads84KornerKabin[Deleted User]PixieGraySuper Roux![Deleted User]ElectricBoy171[Deleted User] 16 votes
Maria
28%
matthew57lazyjaneGilashGordonWTxynaria[Deleted User]pegasus2jaek123456lemonpinkladysconeJamesC81augusta9NormandyMary2shy2007dickronsonrayofsunshine[Deleted User]lemonjellyBingedrinkerIggulden 38 votes
Someone else
20%
[Deleted User]Kaz159Hogs HeadHollo and Gonchbrouhahayoucandoit[Deleted User]Gulftasticlotty27Robjolly turnipHound of LoveWalter Neffagatha_crispiesCatmittenspixiegirl123dullire[Deleted User]Oldnjadedetp 27 votes
I couldn't care less who he's with
31%
GrannyGruntbuckFayecorgasmbspacecromerladdaisydeejake'sgrandmagreyJohn Doughtinman[Deleted User]Andy23JackWalxnecdriderBigBmadForget-me-notewoodieJoy DeanBeautiful_HarvAZ fan 42 votes

Comments

• GlomperGlomper Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I prefer ☆ Stellà ☆ with the bad accent in every scene to the over prominence of PCs' other mate storyline.

Pretty much soon Corrie will be extremely short, as I fast forward through many scenes containing either of these two.

There are still gems though, which is why I continue to watch.

PS: There's a Sunday episode coming up, Sunday 8th July 19:30.

In addition to Monday (x2), Wednesday, Thursday & Friday (x2) episodes next week.

(Nearly, but not quite, Eight days a week !)

Corrie birthdays list ..... marriages & deaths list next ?
  • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone else
    Hi everyone :)

I hear the 11th August is going to be national holiday :cool::D

Stereotype:mad:
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone else
    Glomper wrote: »
    I think I prefer ☆ Stellà ☆ with the bad accent in every scene to the over prominence of PCs' other mate storyline.

Pretty much soon Corrie will be extremely short, as I fast forward through many scenes containing either of these two.

There are still gems though, which is why I continue to watch.

PS: There's a Sunday episode coming up, Sunday 8th July 19:30.

In addition to Monday (x2), Wednesday, Thursday & Friday (x2) episodes next week.

(Nearly, but not quite, Eight days a week !)

Corrie birthdays list ..... marriages & deaths list next ?
    Lol Glomper:D, maybe Dreary will return for her birthday. Kornerkabin is out searching for her in Spain:p
    Hi everyone :)

I hear the 11th August is going to be national holiday :cool::D

Stereotype:mad:
    Hi pixie:), lol.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sean
    He just about deserves to be with Sean but he had better stop messing about;)
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone else
    Hellooo! Great thread dullag :D Love reading the birthdays!

Another Peter/Nick showdown? Should be funny! :D But I'm so looking forward to seeing Sean kick off. I'm sure it'll be top-notch...
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone else
    Evening cobbleheads, thanks for the great thread, dj. :)

Oh look, Tom Cruise is up for grabs again, I'm so excited. (NOT)

Saw Ben Price on TM today, looking very fetching in a full beard. Really suits him. :cool:
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone else
    I had to vote 'someone else' in the poll but don't know who. Don't like Stereotype obviously, but also not warming to Aiden, whose lips appear to be related to TinyFireman's.
  • brouhahabrouhaha Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone else
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I had to vote 'someone else' in the poll but don't know who. Don't like Stereotype obviously, but also not warming to Aiden, whose lips appear to be related to TinyFireman's.

Marcus has got really crap taste in men, hasn't he?
  • Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,438
    Forum Member
    Aiden
    Thanks for the thread dullagj2 :)

I'll be watching later as Boyfriend will be at work when the episodes are on.

Can't saying I'm looking forward to more of Ms. Cotton. I suspect he'll spend most of his scenes with his arms folded attempting to look upset / worried :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

Evening all! :D
    Forum Member
    Aiden
    It’s not long until the start of July so it’s time to start thinking about the next Corrie Challenge.

Don’t worry if you have played before. The game is a bit like a simplified version of Fantasy Football so if you fancy having a go just read the rules below.

Also, if you’re an Emmerdale viewer you can play the Emmerdale version of the game too. Just check out tonight’s Emmerdaily thread for the starting list. The rules are the same as those for the Corrie Challenge.

Anyway, it’s a very easy game to play. The object of the game is to pick a team of 11 characters from those listed below which you think will score the more points than the other people playing the game.

Once you’ve whittled your shortlist down to 11 characters you will then need to nominate one of them as Captain. This character will have their score doubled so you’re really looking to identify the character which you think will score the most points during the month to maximise your chances of winning.

Then, simply post your choices on the thread or send them to me via PM, and keep an eye out for the Monday Episode Thread to see how your “team” is doing in the score updates.

The scoring system works as follows:-

+ 1 point per episode appearance

+ 1 point for the character that speaks the first words in the episode.

+ 1 point for the character that speaks the last words in the episode before the break.

+ 1 point for the character that speaks the first words in the episode after the break

+ 1 point for the character that speaks the last words in the episode.

+ 1 point for any kisses on the lips. If you have both characters who kiss in your team each character will receive a point.

+ 2 bonus points for any character that appears in 5 or more episodes during the week. In the event of any episodes being transmitted on a weekend the week will run from Monday to Sunday.

+ Remember that your team Captain gets their score doubled!!!

Once you’ve done all that you can also pick a name for your team. This will be listed in the Score Updates.

Your “Starting List” for July’s Corrie Challenge is as follows:-

Remember you need to select ELEVEN characters (including a captain) – no more, no less.

The Rovers

Stella
    Karl
    Eva
    Leanne

The Barlows

Ken
    Deirdre
    Peter
    Simon
    Tracy
    Amy

Number Three

Emily
    Norris

Number Five

Fiz
    Chesney
    Katy

The Alahans

Dev
    Sunita
    Asha
    Aadi

Number Nine

Tyrone
    Kirsty

Number Eleven

Eileen
    Paul

Number Thirteen

Beth
    Craig

The Kabin Flats

Jason
    Tina
    Tommy
    Rita
    Dennis

Underworld

Carla
    Michelle
    Izzy

The Platts

Gail
    David
    Kylie
    Max
    Nick
    Audrey

The Windasses

Anna
    Gary
    Faye

The Websters

Sally
    Sophie
    Kevin

The Salon Flat

Maria
    Kirk
    Sean
    Marcus

Roy’s Rolls

Roy
    Hayley
    Sylvia

Others

Steve
    Mary
    Owen
    Julie
    Brian
    Dr. Matt Carter
    Lewis
    Aidan
    Rob Donovan (Carla's brother)
    Lloyd

The deadline for teams to be submitted is 7pm on Monday July 2nd
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the thread dullagj2 :)

I'll be watching later as Boyfriend will be at work when the episodes are on.

Can't saying I'm looking forward to more of Ms. Cotton. I suspect he'll spend most of his scenes with his arms folded attempting to look upset / worried :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

Evening all! :D

That is called good top class acting.
    Forum Member
    Aiden
    Alongside the main game there is also the Boys Versus Girls Team challenge.

You do not need to do an extra “work” for this other than specify which gender you are if it is not already listed on your profile.

It works like this:-

The players in each of the teams have all their individual scores combined. If there is an imbalance between the genders then the genders with the most players will not include a number of the lowest scores.

For example if there were 10 Girls playing and 14 Boys playing the bottom four scoring male players would not have their points included in the team score for that week.

Each team also has an appointed Captain. For this month Oldnjaded will be leading the Girls Team whilst Korner Kabin will be attempting to secure a victory for the Boys Team.

The Captains are both able to nominate one more character who will have their points doubled and added to the overall team score. This character can be anyone on the Starting List and does not have to be a character that the Captain has picked for their individual team.
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, dj2 and all you cobbleheads ;)
    Forum Member
    Aiden
    That is called good top class acting.

Lol!!! :D

He should give the rest of the cast tips on how to attain the same sort of standard......(NOT!!!!) :D;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone else
    Phew! Thought I was too late for the challenge!
    1. Marcus
    2. Sean
    3. Steve (capt)
    4. Lloyd
    5. Izzy
    6. Gary
    7. Peter
    8. Carla
    9. Leanne
    10. Nick
    11. Rob
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brouhaha wrote: »
    Marcus has got really crap taste in men, hasn't he?

Did you really mean to write those words !!! :eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hear Katie Holmes is looking for a new place, t' Rovers ?

There's a spare room now Leanne's moved out.

Perhaps ☆ Stellà ☆ is her Auntie !

Suri could become Simons' girlfriend.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member
    Someone else
    Evening cocks!:D

Thanks for the thread dullagj2:)

I voted that Marcus should be with someone else - by which i mean me! Some gay men really are going to waste......*sighs*.....:(

:p
  • BillyBattyBillyBatty Posts: 7,004
    Forum Member
    Maria
    Evening cobblers
  • rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    Maria
    Evening, loving the birthday info! I swear about half of them are mentioned, and only when it suits a storyline! A marriage and death list or ones that made it to the altar would be interesting! RK i will submit my team tonight :)
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone else
    G'evening Cobbleheads.
  • demfedemfe Posts: 15,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glomper wrote: »
    I hear Katie Holmes is looking for a new place, t' Rovers ?

There's a spare room now Leanne's moved out.

Perhaps ☆ Stellà ☆ is her Auntie !

Suri could become Simons' girlfriend.
    perhaps she could move in with Sean and Marcus. She'd feel right at home....
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG - worst first scene ever!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone else
    Peter's just going to be shouting at everyone, as per usual!
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No food!?:confused::mad: