Madonna - Frozen

Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
Forum Member
Tomorrow (Feb 23rd) is 15 years to the day since Madonna's "Frozen" was released! It was her ninth UK #1 and her first #1 in the UK for 8 years since 1990's "Vogue". This is the single that launched the "Ray Of Light" era, arguably one of Madonna's best albums, if not the best :D:cool:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Tomorrow (Feb 23rd) is 15 years to the day since Madonna's "Frozen" was released! It was her ninth UK #1 and her first #1 in the UK for 8 years since 1990's "Vogue". This is the single that launched the "Ray Of Light" era, arguably one of Madonna's best albums, if not the best :D:cool:

And...? Did you really feel the need to create a thread for this? :confused:
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    15 years?
    Man, I feel old. :o

I like Frozen. I think the video looks great too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    odie8391 wrote: »
    And...? Did you really feel the need to create a thread for this? :confused:

some people might want to talk about it? I guess you`re not a fan but many others are, with it being a music forum and all..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beautiful i think ROL ties third fave with AL and COADF (so tough to rank them) just after LAP (my fave) and Erotica (second fave) :)

I remember her Lottery performance so well and the first time isaw the video...i was "just" 6 years old at the time and just WOAH transfixed at it...thinking its scary/weird/cool....everything under the sun really...the images have stuck and i kinda repeat the experience in my head when i re-watch the video/performances etc....15 years though....time flies by!
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not one of my favourites. From this album I much prefer Power Of Goodbye, Sky Fits Heaven, To Have and Not To Hold and Skin.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's one of my favourites..............
  • georgebarnesgeorgebarnes Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    One of my all time favourite songs.
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was about this time that I started to go off Madonna. I had been a big fan of hers in the eighties but when she got into this Frozen and Ray of light stuff she just didn't sound the same to me anymore.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I remember buying the album in Australia.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love Frozen. My joint favourite Madonna song with Hung Up and 4 Minutes. It's just so beautiful and different, I've never heard anything like it. The ROL album has actually really grown on me recently. At first I was a bit disappointed but now I truly love it, especially Skin, Swim, Ray Of Life, Nothing Really Matters, The Power Of Goodbye and of course Frozen.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    i always remeber my bf saying he had heard the new Madonna a song and loved it .... I was like ...but you dont like Madonna and i was quite put out .... and strangely I had the same first listen reaction I did to Like a Prayer, and Vogue.... what is she doing? What is this? Its so different? Then I fell in love..... I also adored the video .....so visionary and artistic ...just like LAP and Vogue.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The video scared the absolute shit out of me when it first came out i was about 6 and it terrified me :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i always remeber my bf saying he had heard the new Madonna a song and loved it .... I was like ...but you dont like Madonna and i was quite put out .... and strangely I had the same first listen reaction I did to Like a Prayer, and Vogue.... what is she doing? What is this? Its so different? Then I fell in love..... I also adored the video .....so visionary and artistic ...just like LAP and Vogue.

Thats real cool...I really like that, that Madonna doesnt keep to a "Pop mould" but creates her own and literally does bring people together from all background and tastes for a real experience...its brilliant...and if one album/era doesnt do it for ya another one will and often does :) Its brilliant.

And SexiRokStar i do know what you mean in terms of concepts/sounds on ROL as sometimes the Trip Hop/Amibent elements can be ntensive at times and often very ultimately "pure" to just simply get into on first listen...but again its a repeat experience...beautiful :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    The video scared the absolute shit out of me when it first came out i was about 6 and it terrified me :D

I forget we are the same age XD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I forget we are the same age XD

Haha except i'm a few months older shhh :D

But genuinely that video still creeps me out i just find it oddly disturbing i can't explain why but just no :D
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    definatly her most interesting sounding song, and the vid is a class act
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha except i'm a few months older shhh :D

But genuinely that video still creeps me out i just find it oddly disturbing i can't explain why but just no :D

our HMs got a secret :cool:;)

i love that though....the disturbing nature of Madonna really crosses that line...would love more of that....by the sound of her recent Klein project coming together we may be gettin more shocks n disturbing art :cool: cant wait

Reminds me of the first time iraided my parents TIC VHS of her vids and the first time i saw Like A Prayer with the stigmata and wax model of Black Jesus crying and murder i was like :eek: and same with Oh Father on there (which i was confused i think as it wasnt on the album itself) but the imagery/dreamlike feel....like Orson Wells i guess now...but the thorns on her "mothers" mouth etc...powerful imagery!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a fan but I really like this song actually, reminds me of being a kid :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    our HMs got a secret :cool:;)

i love that though....the disturbing nature of Madonna really crosses that line...would love more of that....by the sound of her recent Klein project coming together we may be gettin more shocks n disturbing art :cool: cant wait

Reminds me of the first time iraided my parents TIC VHS of her vids and the first time i saw Like A Prayer with the stigmata and wax model of Black Jesus crying and murder i was like :eek: and same with Oh Father on there (which i was confused i think as it wasnt on the album itself) but the imagery/dreamlike feel....like Orson Wells i guess now...but the thorns on her "mothers" mouth etc...powerful imagery!

Haha i love discovering classic/music and video's LAP of course is one of those wow moments you may not know what it means yet but like Frozen sticks with you :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha i love discovering classic/music and video's LAP of course is one of those wow moments you may not know what it means yet but like Frozen sticks with you :)

totally...its images that shock that last with you the longest...its so powerful :cool: :)
  • modeyinkmodeyink Posts: 2,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frozen and All Saints' Pure Shores are two of my favourite songs thanks to the William Orbit production. I'm a bit obsessed with Orbit's whole sound in that era. Really atmospheric and moody.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    totally...its images that shock that last with you the longest...its so powerful :cool: :)

So true or the insanely kitsch and funny like Music M does know how to do a video ;)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this song so much. It's haunting and for me is one of her best singles ever. Top 5
    The production, the lyrics, the video, just stunning.

I always felt this song hid in the shadow of Ray of light. I would of liked this to be one to have won her the awards.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Frozen is one of her best ballads and one of my fave songs on ROL which ties with True Blue as my all time fave Madonna album.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    One of my all time favourite songs.

This.