Options

Artpop

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
Forum Member
Are you looking forward to ARTPOP? Why? If your not why not?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to hearing Zedd's and particularly Madeon's production the most. :)
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lady Gaga is old news. Many if her fickle young fans will have moved on. This will be the start of her downfall. The thing is she cant shock now. We all know what she is about. Been there, done it and got the t shirt.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to it

I am in need of new Lady gaga material.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really. I'm kinda over her now...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    Yes, I am, but I hope she doesn't go back to her The Fame days because even when most people think that she was great then and that BTW was just bad, personally I loved BTW and I dislike TF, so an album like that would make me move over her.

Stache is not bad, but it isn't great either, so I also hope that's not an indication of the music in Artpop.

I have some curiosity on what she can do with Zedd and Madeon. Red One, meh, not so much...
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stache is not bad, but it isn't great either, so I also hope that's not an indication of the music in Artpop.

I thought Stache was a 'joke' song that she did?

I'm looking forward to it, I just hope it's a bit "lighter" than BTW - the music should really match the title of the album. I'd be happy for big production like BTW, but content and "mood" of The Fame/The Fame Monster :)
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I hope it is pop music and not dance/club/etc like Stache, I'm not sure what to think about her working with Zedd...

I'm looking forward to the album though.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The production on Stache was sick but the lyrics were awful. However that sound is sooooo 2010 now. Music trends change too much and Gaga appears to be heading backwards towards her Fame days rather than progressing as an artist. This isn't her fault fully but when you take yourself so seriously and are placed so highly you will be judged on your musical direction.

As for ARTPOP. She really needs to get the first single right and hit the ground running this time. It will sell but I think sales will be down on TF,TFM and BTW. Like someone said above. She has done almost everything in such a short space of time that her act will have become boring to the casuals now. She will be a victim of her own success in the long run. Much like Prince and Cyndi Lauper.

The jazz album is where its at but she needs to change her name within the next five years if she wants to stick around. There is really nothing wrong with using Stefani. It will make her connect with people better as she gets older and she needs that if she wants to remain popular over time. Teenagers of tomorrow are not going to find a 30 year old calling herself 'Lady Gaga' cool. So is she heading for problems on that front as well. Frankly the name is a naff term that worked for a moment in time but won't long term.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to it. I always look forward to new Gaga music. I'm not some fickle fan who likes an artist for a certain amount of time and then moves on when "the next big thing" arrives on the scene.
  • Options
    marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to it. I always look forward to new Gaga music. I'm not some fickle fan who likes an artist for a certain amount of time and then moves on when "the next big thing" arrives on the scene.

Yes too many of those about, what happened to when you used to support an artist even through the bad times.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    her problem is she gives out too much info / hype way before it`s due & by time it does get released it feels already dead
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    her problem is she gives out too much info / hype way before it`s due & by time it does get released it feels already dead

This is because she is such a fan of herself and because of this she gives too much away to early. There is no surprise element. Too many leaks, teasers and peaks, and by the time the songs are revealed one has heard 'em.

Look how Bowie was stone cold silent for two years, as he was recording his album. And before we knew it, it was the the complete first single, the video, the album artwork and title.

She is supposed to admire him, so perhaps she can take notes on how to do it.
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    To be honest, she has said very little about Artpop, unlike Born This Way. In a Q&A with fans last month, questions about Artpop were banned
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    To be honest, she has said very little about Artpop, unlike Born This Way. In a Q&A with fans last month, questions about Artpop were banned

Perhaps she learned her lesson then. :)
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    marc822 wrote: »
    Yes too many of those about, what happened to when you used to support an artist even through the bad times.

That's a good question. It seems music has become a fad for some people. Then you get types who won't listen to a song that came out a few months ago because they think it's "well old" :rolleyes: What does it matter what decade the song is from? I listen to stuff I like, no matter what decade it's from. If I like it, I'll listen to it. If I don't like it, I won't listen to it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I think she has been very secretive with ARTPOP. She has definitely learnt from BTW mistakes. Bring it on! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I'm very curious, but not excited, as she doesn't appeal to me at all, so I don't see myself buying it. But I am intrigued by what she can bring to the table. This album is make or break for her.
    I think she has been very secretive with ARTPOP. She has definitely learnt from BTW mistakes. Bring it on! :D
    Well, didn't she reveal the title almost a year ago? That's not very secretive.
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    O.Michel wrote: »

Other than that, it's been next to nothing, there is the Azealia Banks collaboration but she revealed that not Gaga. In comparison to Born This Way, she has remained tight-lipped and I think it will suit the era better
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Yes I am. I've been bored with Born This Way for over a year now, so am ready for some fresh Gaga.

And as has been said, I don't think we really know much about this album other than it's title (revealed way too soon I agree) and the duet with Azealia Banks (:rolleyes:). Then there are the rumours/potential ideas of White Roses, Disney Princesses, Decay of a Popstar, Rachet etc but because I haven't followed the album's creation I don't know what has become of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    I'm very curious, but not excited, as she doesn't appeal to me at all, so I don't see myself buying it. But I am intrigued by what she can bring to the table. This album is make or break for her.

With all the plagiarism she is accused of one would think she would also come up with a more original title as well.
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    It's a funny one I'm really exited to hear it, but I'm so bored of waiting I think I might loose interest
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's boring, predictable and frankly her music doesn't back up or it at least over shadows the talents she actually has.

She is all about the look, her songs are nothing different and are not very memorable.

BTW sold about 65% less than TF/TFM with around 5,000,000. Artpop is destined to sell less than that. I'd bet around 2m.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Despite the duet with that Banks idiot(:rolleyes:), I'm looking forward to new GaGa stuff
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand her as a person but I love her music. I loved BTW for the first few months but now I only play Scheisse, HML, Bloody Marry and MTN. However I would love new Lady Gaga music, glad to hear she's returning to TF/TFM sound as I preferred that. Hopefully there is a collaboration with Beyoncé and Azealia Banks. So this is one my most anticipated albums of the year, behind Beyoncé and Demi.
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HandsClean wrote: »
    She's boring, predictable and frankly her music doesn't back up or it at least over shadows the talents she actually has.

She is all about the look, her songs are nothing different and are not very memorable.

BTW sold about 65% less than TF/TFM with around 5,000,000. Artpop is destined to sell less than that. I'd bet around 2m.

It's very unfair to compare Born This Way's sales to The Fame / Monsters when the later two are albums (which had their own budgets, singles and world tours) that had their sales joined together. There was never a Born This Way: Reborn and so it's sales should be compared to The Fame and Monsters individual successes, and when you do that there really isn't such a dramatic drop at all (although admittedly there still was one).

Born This Way is also closer to 6 million then 5, with 5.4m copies sold in 2011 and an extra 400,000 sold in the first half of last year (I can't tell you how much it sold in the second half of 2012 as the album had left the WW Top 40 Best Sellers by the December chart). So that is at least 5.8m copies sold, and so with that in mind, plus the fact people are always saying the Born This Way failed to connect with the general public and was fan-supported, I really do not see her losing the 4m fans needed for ARTPOP to only sell a total of 2m at all. Especially when Rihanna, who has a very fluctuating fanbase and album sales that go up and down like a roller coaster, can at the very least always sell 3m+.