Right, what actually happened last night?

Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
Forum Member
✭✭
Can someone explain what actually happened last night? People are talking as if what happened was on the highlights show.

Are the same people up for eviction?

Did Dexter get his hands on some of the prize fund?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Briefly (ish)
    The HMs were told that they had to choose a sum of money they would be happy to leave the huse with from a board.
    The lowest figure won the amount
    Dexter chose the lowest (£88k). Sam chose the £100k
    Dexter was then told it was a lie, and he was now safe from eviction, but he had to choose a replacement housemate for nominations. He chose Sophie over Gina.

The forum went loopy over the decision.
  • kate03kate03 Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Briefly (ish)
    The HMs were told that they had to choose a sum of money they would be happy to leave the huse with from a board.
    Dexter was then told it was a lie, and he was now safe from eviction, but he had to choose a replacement housemate for nominations. He chose Sophie over Gina.

You are so right about that :eek::D;)
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Briefly (ish)

Aha!!! Thank you very much :)

Thank god Dexter is loyal!!!! I bet Sophie wishes she was nicer to him now :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    But then that means that the money is more important to Dexter than the journey or the friendships. Crikey!
  • tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But then that means that the money is more important to Dexter than the journey or the friendships. Crikey!

He didn't know how much the others had picked
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's probably a hundred different ways of interpreting it, but I still say it's not Dexter's decision that he was given the pass to the final. That lies with BB.

I'm not too unhappy to see Sophie up for eviction this week after her cheating on the noms task. It will maybe bring her down a peg or two. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see how you get that.
    As a gambler he would know the odds and choces far better than the others.
    The safe gamble is around £45k. Enough to beat the I'll go for just over half' gambit, and also to beat the 'well, I'll go just under £50 because someone will go for £49k
    So an £88k gamble isn't (normally) a winning punt.
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not sure how you get that, to be honest. Would being in the house for an extra 5 days make the housemates like him more?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see how you get that.
    As a gambler he would know the odds and choces far better than the others.
    The safe gamble is around £45k. Enough to beat the I'll go for just over half' gambit, and also to beat the 'well, I'll go just under £50 because someone will go for £49k
    So an £88k gamble isn't (normally) a winning punt.

Which makes me wonder if the task was designed for a gambler. Just playing devil's advocate here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    88k is not a low amount.
    If Dex is playing this tactical game they say then he would choose 1 pound or 100,000.
    The tactical play was to go to the extremes because you know in your head they are not gonna give up the prize fund.
    The twist was just whether the lowest amount was a penaly or a prize.
    Sam chose an amount that could not be beaten....
    Dexter did not.
    Any way you try and play this - the real game player is sam.
    Deal or no Deal - Big brother - This guy has a history of this and he never donates his winnings to charity.
    He wants paid to go round the country saying woe is me, seems to me that dexter has more problems than him...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moo_Chops wrote: »
    88k is not a low amount.
    If Dex is playing this tactical game they say then he would choose 1 pound or 100,000.
    The tactical play was to go to the extremes because you know in your head they are not gonna give up the prize fund.
    Tactically, if Dexter wanted the money, he'd likely go for just under £50k. As I've said elsewhere, that drops the 'I'll gofor half' brigade, and the 'they'll go for just under half because they'll go for half' crowd.
    Think sweepstake - people go just under or just over the figures already chosen.