Options

Fake email allegedly from Facebook?

FranglaisFranglais Posts: 3,312
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Earlier this evening I downloaded an app from the App Store which enables you to add photos of friends onto cartoons where they dance and is quite hilarious. I uploaded three dance clips this way and fairly soon afterwards got an email purportedly from Facebook accusing me of infringing copywrite and threatening to close my Facebook account if I did not behave. I'm totally puzzled by this as some of the photos were taken by me myself and others by friends of friends of whom I know them all. I certainly did not upload any film clips nor any audio (as I am profoundly Deaf as are most of my friends).

This has got me a little bit worried. Does anybody here think this is a scam email especially as the email said my said clip had been taken down when it has'nt?

Comments

• Options
    NP73NP73 Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Bound to be a fake, and unrelated to the uploads. Facebook would take much longer to issue a genuine legal threat - you think lawyers will be working on Sunday evenings at triple time? - and it is highly unlikely they would anyway. It wouldn't be their copyright you are breaching anyway. Delete the email and forget it.