Options

Bigger bra size help

kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
Forum Member
I was going to pose this question in the fashion and beauty forum but it doesn't seem to have as much through traffic as advise does but mods if it's a problem you can move it.

Today I was measured for a bra and was told the shocking news that I am a 44K, shocking because I was wearing a 44E at the time. Hardly any high street shops stock sizes that large and I know I'll have to look online.

Does anybody have any websites that they use or if anyone could point me in the right direction if be extremely grateful.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    elke21 wrote: »

Thank you for your help but I really wanted some first hand knowledge than various google sites,

Thank you though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    Does anybody have any websites that they use or if anyone could point me in the right direction if be extremely grateful.

Thank you
    Thank you for your help but I really wanted some first hand knowledge than various google sites,

Thank you though.
    Oh, I must have understood you wrong in your op.
    First hand knowledge of what? Ebay, M&S?
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to pose this question in the fashion and beauty forum but it doesn't seem to have as much through traffic as advise does but mods if it's a problem you can move it.

Today I was measured for a bra and was told the shocking news that I am a 44K, shocking because I was wearing a 44E at the time. Hardly any high street shops stock sizes that large and I know I'll have to look online.

Thank you

Have you tried a company called ample bossom ? I know several friend who find them very good for larger sizes I am sure they go up to K so if you haven't may be worth having a look there. Good company too they deliver very quickly and are very helpful I found when looking for larger sizes.
  • Options
    oscardelahoyaoscardelahoya Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    www.brastop.com

Edit: they don't have anything in the size at the moment but I think the stock changes quite often
  • Options
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    Have you tried a company called ample bossom ? I know several friend who find them very good for larger sizes I am sure they go up to K so if you haven't may be worth having a look there. Good company too they deliver very quickly and are very helpful I found when looking for larger sizes.

Thank you molliepops I'll give them a look.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.simplybe.co.uk/shop/shapely-figures-non-wired-full-cup-pack-of-2-bras/kf895/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=8403#colour:Black/Cream,size:

Simply Be are a catalogue company so you could register and return if they are no good. The stuff is a bit hit and miss, some good, some not so good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    www.brastop.com

Edit: they don't have anything in the size at the moment but I think the stock changes quite often

Thank you I did just have a quick look but like you said they don't have any in stock, it's frustrating so many advertise K cups but the back sizes aren't any bigger than in shops.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where were you measured? It seems a bit odd that they measured you eight sizes bigger than the bra you were wearing with the same back size. That is a huge difference. Some places are terrible at measuring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Where were you measured? It seems a bit odd that they measured you eight sizes bigger than the bra you were wearing with the same back size. That is a huge difference. Some places are terrible at measuring.

I was measured in Evans, I knew it was an ill fitting bra to be completely honest but I didn't realise it was that different. I tried a H in store and the difference was apparent straight away but even in an H the front bit doesn't fit flat against my sternum.

I forgot to say that simply be website looks quite promising, I've ordered bras from the catalogue before and needed a bigger back size so I'll give that a try, thank you again for your help.
  • Options
    StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    www.brastop.com

Another vote for these, I used them a lot in the UK plus if you sign up for their spam they have offers on all the time (not much use though if your size isn't in stock I know).
  • Options
    NP73NP73 Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Go to Bravissimo, well worth it even if the nearest one is a distance away. My ex was a 34JJ when measured there, she had been wearing 38H. Their bras improved the look of her figure no end, and were much more comfortable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bravissimo and Figleaves are good websites to start with.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Figleaves, Bravissimo, Rigby & Peller and there's a clothing company called Made In Preston which does dresses etc. for large busted women.

Oh, and when I went to R&P for the first time in 2006, it became patently obvious that M&S & Debenhams etc. know NOTHING about measuring women! That place is an utter godsend for us Busty St.Claires!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't look that big to me. You seem to have a fairly decent sized pair of bangers. Can't see the problem really.
  • Options
    cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you need to get them re-measured. Send me a pic and I'll do it for you ;)
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    bravissimo or triumph.
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    I was measured in Evans, I knew it was an ill fitting bra to be completely honest but I didn't realise it was that different. I tried a H in store and the difference was apparent straight away but even in an H the front bit doesn't fit flat against my sternum.

I forgot to say that simply be website looks quite promising, I've ordered bras from the catalogue before and needed a bigger back size so I'll give that a try, thank you again for your help.

I've bought a few things from simply be before, and the quality was poor. Not bought any bras from them though, and they do stock various different brands, but I wouldn't buy any more of their own-brand stuff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find Figleaves better quality than Bravissimo.

Like you, I thought my size was wrong and was remeasured - now wearing a 34G from a 36E and my boobs look and feel so much better! Under M&S, I should have been in a 38 apparently, but way too big round the back.

For any other ladies, the guidelines seem to have changed slightly on how to measure boobs - M&S, Debenhams, etc typically measure you around the rib cage and then add on a few inches, then measure round the bust and work out difference to get the cup size.

Guidelines suggest that your actual measurement round the rib cage is the number size, then measure around the full part of the bust and work out difference to get the cup size, apparently this is how some of the better retailers work it out. I won't be going to M&S again.
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Helsie wrote: »
    I find Figleaves better quality than Bravissimo.

Like you, I thought my size was wrong and was remeasured - now wearing a 34G from a 36E and my boobs look and feel so much better! Under M&S, I should have been in a 38 apparently, but way too big round the back.

For any other ladies, the guidelines seem to have changed slightly on how to measure boobs - M&S, Debenhams, etc typically measure you around the rib cage and then add on a few inches, then measure round the bust and work out difference to get the cup size.

Guidelines suggest that your actual measurement round the rib cage is the number size, then measure around the full part of the bust and work out difference to get the cup size, apparently this is how some of the better retailers work it out. I won't be going to M&S again.

I used to Bra fit for Debenhams and we never ever measured around the bust, we measured round the rib cage(no adding on inches) and whilst people had their old bra on we would judge whether the cup size was too big or too small and bring in a sample of sizes for the customer to try on as no two brands fit the same. They haven't measured the way you say they do for years now. Marks and Spencers still measure that way Debenhams don't.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    NP73 wrote: »
    Go to Bravissimo, well worth it even if the nearest one is a distance away. My ex was a 34JJ when measured there, she had been wearing 38H. Their bras improved the look of her figure no end, and were much more comfortable.

Don't Bravissimo stop at a 38 though, or have they changed since I last visited one and was bluntly told "we're for girls with big cups, not big backs".
  • Options
    marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find M&S bras a fantastic fit for me. I buy mine on ebay, some people have ex M&S stock. I find my size on there in an M&S bra and the fit is always fantastic.

I'm a 40F and find bras with no padding or underwire and full cup the best for lift and support and comfort
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    i can't check right for your size now OP but i get a lot from oxendales. I get a variety of styles, often a couple in the same style but different cup sizes and try them all on at home. you can usually find a 10 or 20% off code which makes up for the delievery cost, returns are free and no quibble and the service is very quick
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    Don't Bravissimo stop at a 38 though, or have they changed since I last visited one and was bluntly told "we're for girls with big cups, not big backs".

They go up to 40 but like with anything with them you are limited with what they stock. Same case if you are anything above a G. They only seem to really cater for the 30-38 D-G's. There are limited pretty bra's in say a J or JJ.
  • Options
    DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Measuring the new way gives me a bra size that just doesn't exist. I know it doesn't make economical sense to make bras in every possible size but, it is frustrating.