Options

ukip being sent bricks, faeces, blood through freepost....

bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
Forum Member
✭✭✭
.....so have been forced to close their freepost address.

Pretty childish way of expressing dislike of an organisation IMO. Also a health risk.

Thoughts ?

link
UKIP have cancelled their Freepost address after disgruntled members of the public sent them FAECES in the post.

UKIP Bexley tweeted a memo which read: "You may be aware that there have been incidents of inapproriate mail items being sent to a UKIP Freepost address. This includes items which are prohibited (such as blood/human faeces) and present a health and safety risk both to you and our Royal Mail colleagues.

"The Freepost address for UKIP has been cancelled."

Freepost allows someone to send mail without a stamp because the recipient pays the postage.

Earlier this week UKIP opponents returned flyers to a Freepost address, while others sent heavier - and more expensive - items including BRICKS.

Comments

• Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »

Pretty childish way of expressing dislike of an organisation IMO. Also a health risk.

Thoughts ?

link

I think it's disgusting. These people probably think that they are so much better than UKIP supporters too.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Racist 'send them back where they came from' slogan backfires

Serves them right
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't get why UKIP are being treat in this way. Look at how the Conservatives have dragged down this nation and yet they don't receive this level of hatred. The people doing this are childish morons.
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Why go to all that effort? If you don't like them, don't vote for them. That way they will not get into any position of power.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member

Thoughts ?
    My initial thoughts were that no one here is likely to disagree. Although I see that one poster has done just that!

Whatever you think of UKIP, this is inexcusable.
  • Options
    leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is bang out of order that UKIP are being treated like this. In my honest opinion they and other parties will put this country first. Unlike so called mainstream parties who sell us out to europe. It is about time that we had a government that put THIS country and the electorate, FIRST. We have to have to a referendum on europe not in 2017 but NEXT YEAR after the election. But politicians dont like giving the people the power
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Serves them right

so you think it is ok to send blood and faeces through the post ? sounds pretty juvenile to me ,
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why go to all that effort? If you don't like them, don't vote for them. That way they will not get into any position of power.

Yeah, that's it in a nutshell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member

I agree with this. When I don't like politicians I don't vote for them. I feel sorry for the postal workers who have to handle these things.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freepost!!! Cheap bastards, if your gonna send a shit to ukip, at least put a stamp on it...... Or go in person and hold your arse up to the letter box....
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leicslad46 wrote: »
    It is bang out of order that UKIP are being treated like this. In my honest opinion they and other parties will put this country first. Unlike so called mainstream parties who sell us out to europe. It is about time that we had a government that put THIS country and the electorate, FIRST. We have to have to a referendum on europe not in 2017 but NEXT YEAR after the election. But politicians dont like giving the people the power

The problem with that, is you don't realise there are 'special interests' involved. If we get our independence, what happens then..... Look at ukraine, and then answer.
  • Options
    newda898newda898 Posts: 5,466
    Forum Member
    I thought the BNP were the hate party, don't know how UKIP are getting all this abuse now.
  • Options
    CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member

Serves them right

Even if you are the type of low life scum that thinks posting shit to political parties is ok, what have the postman and other people in the chain done to deserve handling it ?
    The thing is people that do this, or applaud this type of behavior, haven't the intelligence to realise it effects other people too.
  • Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thoughts ?

link

"Pretty childish" is an understatement!
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    I can understand returning the leaflet with a note saying 'no thank you very much' perhaps with reasons. However there is no excuse for the behaviour in the story - none. We seem to have a subset of people in the UK - on all sides of the political spectrum - who feel that the normal rules of civilised behaviour can be suspended simply because they disagree with something.

Instead of calling them 'left wing scum' as one poster did earlier, perhaps those who don't think this is the behaviour of decent people should forget their political differences for long enough to simply condemn the perpetrators for their disgusting behaviour.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSJB wrote: »
    Even if you are the type of low life scum that thinks posting shit to political parties is ok, what have the postman and other people in the chain done to deserve handling it ?
    The thing is people that do this, or applaud this type of behavior, haven't the intelligence to realise it effects other people too.

I'm afraid that the people who perpetrate this type of thing, or applaud it, don't have the level of intellect or sensitivity to actually care* about the poor sods who have to handle it, nor that anybody senior in the organisation concerned will be anywhere near it when opened.

(* and that pre-supposes they even have the brainpower to think about them in the first place)
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »
    so you think it is ok to send blood and faeces through the post ? sounds pretty juvenile to me ,

Precisely. Says more about the moral stance of the senders rather than representatives of UKIP. No call for that, whatever your political beliefs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member

Serves them right

Can we have a link to this slogan. I've never heard of it before.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meilie wrote: »
    Can we have a link to this slogan. I've never heard of it before.

UKIP didn't say that, it was somebody protesting against them using UKIP rhetoric against them

My mistake
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Disgusting, sub-human behaviour.
  • Options
    leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with that, is you don't realise there are 'special interests' involved. If we get our independence, what happens then..... Look at ukraine, and then answer.
    It is a completely different europe than the 70s when there was a last referendum. Why are the politicians that scared of giving the people the chance to lay the european question to bed once and for all. It could be done at the same time as the general election

As for UKIP having bricks shit and blood through the post. It is more than likely left leaning anarchists sending it. The police should track them down and prosecute them.
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    Bloody idiots.Just don't vote for them if you don't like them.
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's childish and disgusting.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    UKIP didn't say that, it was somebody protesting against them using UKIP rhetoric against them

My mistake

Seemingly, some one who doesn't know the difference between controlled immigration and no immigration.
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand UKIP and I especially can't stand Nigel Farage... So when their leaflet came through my door I put it in the bin, and when the elections roll round I'll show my dislike for UKIP by not voting for them.