Hundreds of celebs could go bust due to unpaid tax

i4ui4u Posts: 54,937
Forum Member
Being a highly paid celeb is soooo taxing.
Celebrity tax scheme promoters have failed to stop the Revenue forcing their clients to pay their bills up front. Experts predict a wave of high-profile bankruptcies.

Is that why Chris Moyles doesn't seem to be eating so much these days?

Comments

• i4ui4u Posts: 54,937
    Forum Member
    Is it possible any of these celebs will have to raid their piggy banks or go bust?

Sir Alex Ferguson
    Sven Goran Eriksson
    David Beckham
    Gary Lineker
    Howard Donald
    Mark Owen
    Bear Grylls
    Liberty X
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does my heart not bleed for these people?!?

It makes me sick that certain zzz-lebs get the same amount for one voice-over that some people work bloody hard for to live on a year AND are paying tax as they go along. Why do these 'stars' think tax doesn't apply to them? As far as I could care, if a few of them go bust, well tough! They've lived the high life while ordinary people lived through austerity.

Interesting though... Would the likes of Osbourne really want to upset people who are more than likely high-profile Tory supporters so close to an election?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will it really matter to them though? Kerry Katona has been declared bankrupt more times than I've had hot dinners but she's still living the life of riley in a massive house and swanning off on holiday once a fortnight. It seems different rules when you're a famous tax dodger
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Will it really matter to them though? Kerry Katona has been declared bankrupt more times than I've had hot dinners but she's still living the life of riley in a massive house and swanning off on holiday once a fortnight. It seems different rules when you're a famous tax dodger

As sad as it is true Blondie :(

How that Katona keeps bouncing back is beyond belief. Makes you wonder why us commoners even bother getting up in the mornings