Will they announce the pro as winner too this year?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
Forum Member
I hope they change it this year and don't just announce the celeb as the winner of DOI like they have done other years and include the pro. Some of the winners like Suzanne and Kyran actually came out and said they were really annoyed about Matt and Mel not getting named and that it wasn't right but that doesnt seem to have changed things. Surely the pro should be announced as winner as well?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should of course name the pro but its typical that they don't. I do remember Suzanne being publically critical of it, saying that she won it with Matt, that they were a team so he should be mentioned. The pros dont get a lot of reckon off ITV though, I doubt they'll change it this year. It would be a pleasant surprise if they did.
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Doesn't matter besides it's not really about the pro dancer, yes they are part of the partnership, but at the end of the day it's the celebrity that is the front force if you like. Would be nice if the pro could be named, but either way I am not too fussed about.:cool:
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    Doesn't matter besides it's not really about the pro dancer, yes they are part of the partnership, but at the end of the day it's the celebrity that is the front force if you like. Would be nice if the pro could be named, but either way I am not too fussed about.:cool:

The pros work just as hard as the celebs though if not harder & to me it's only right that they are acknowledged at the end. The bizarre thing is that during the skate offs all series, the pros name is always mentioned it's just at the end of the series when the winner is announced that the pros are snubbed.

I don't hold out much hope for a change though - I got a very patronising & snotty response from @schofe when I tweeted him about it last year.
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    laur_od wrote: »
    They should of course name the pro but its typical that they don't. I do remember Suzanne being publically critical of it, saying that she won it with Matt, that they were a team so he should be mentioned. The pros dont get a lot of reckon off ITV though, I doubt they'll change it this year. It would be a pleasant surprise if they did.

I think every winner has made the point that they didn't win alone.

It does seem really harsh, the pinnacle of the series and the person who's put in so much work is forgotten. They may very well be the difference between winning and losing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the pro's get enough credit at all ..... but at least they seem to speak to the pros a bit more after the performances this year .. In past years the pros were often totally ignored unless they spoke up for themselves (ie Frankie ... lol)