Options

Does the Ice Cream van come to your work?

SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
Forum Member
We get two visits per day from the Ice Cream van who brings ices, whips and frosty snacks to just outside our work. It is a nice treat that reminds me of childhood and trips out so I do have one now and then (I have a tub of whippy with fruit sauces and sprinkles, £2.50).

Is your workplace on an ice cream man's rounds? What do you have?

Comments

• Options
    Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still under the impression that it's the fish man, either that or the tune means he has run out of ice cream :(
  • Options
    peroquilperoquil Posts: 1,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. I've just had an orange ice lolly in fact.
  • Options
    ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's one parked up just down the road slightly. He doesn't play a tune or anything but he tends to be there during hot weather, so if I wanted I could pop out and get one - I'd need to take a bit of a break though (to get downstairs, out, down the road, queue up, and back again).

Now you've tempted me!
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    Soundbox wrote: »
    We get two visits per day from the Ice Cream van who brings ices, whips and frosty snacks to just outside our work. It is a nice treat that reminds me of childhood and trips out so I do have one now and then (I have a tub of whippy with fruit sauces and sprinkles, £2.50).

Is your workplace on an ice cream man's rounds? What do you have?

:( 2 times a day? That's not fair. I irrationally hate you! :D
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, but some people nipped down to the shop with the corporate card and got us a ton of ice lollies. It's 31.7 in here and we're very grateful.
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When i was young my mum told me when the ice cream man played his tune it meant he had ran out of ice cream.:cry:
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    They don't tend to come down our busy high street, which is probably just as well.

Picto wrote: »
    When i was young my mum told me when the ice cream man played his tune it meant he had ran out of ice cream.:cry:

That's great, might have to borrow that just to see the reaction, although I know my son won't buy it! :D
  • Options
    SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
    Forum Member
    Picto wrote: »

Well my mum told me that the ice creams were polluted with exhaust fumes so don't have them. Why do mums tell such stories?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soundbox wrote: »
    Well my mum told me that the ice creams were polluted with exhaust fumes so don't have them. Why do mums tell such stories?

Cos they're cheap :D

Seriously, the ice cream van round this way comes at 4.45 on the dot every day. It must be murder to be a hard-up mum this time of year having to spend £2-£3 a day on ice creams for the kids - imagine the pester power!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still under the impression that it's the fish man, either that or the tune means he has run out of ice cream :(

I think you mean tuna not tune.
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish. No, noone brings me goodies.

Last week though I did buy a Mr. Whippy from a shop up the road, and then licked it all the way back to the office. Bliss.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love the ice cream truck its cool
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So i said to the ice cream man 'can i have an ice cream please'

He said 'hundreds and thousands?'

I replied 'no, i will just start with the one.'
  • Options
    rehab_101rehab_101 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No :( Never had an ice cream man come by any of my jobs.

We did used to have an ice cream man come to my secondary school though. They'd park up in the playground during lunch hour. It was an all girls school, the ice cream men were 18 and 22. The school really didn't think that one through that well.
  • Options
    DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No but we have 6 freezers full of ice creams:).

I do work in a supermarket thou!
  • Options
    DMN1968DMN1968 Posts: 2,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We used to, until the on-site shop, who apparently pay the site owners a fee as part of their rent to guarantee them as the only shop on site, complained and put paid to that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Yes, but not enough
  • Options
    gamez-fangamez-fan Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The walls ice cream vans were unique weren't they only sold walls ice lollys and square blocks of ice cream to put inside a
    square cone funny thing is they never sold wafers although you'd think the ice cream shape would have been perfect
    for a nugget go figure
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Never.