what is your worst ee storyline this year

2»

Comments

• Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lion_60 wrote: »
    The market story and Sharons revenge to Phil.

This seems to be the most disappointing storyline for many viewers.

When Sharon stated she was a Watts it was all so promising - then she decided to parade Marcus around the square for all to see (as if London was not a big enough place to meet him in secret).

Sheer genius. :confused:

As for her forgiving the Philth so very quickly it was just pitiful.
  • Options
    Lion_60Lion_60 Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Yes. It was over after two weeks or so and she forgave him everything.
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anything that revolves around Carter week
  • Options
    stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil being shot in the chest at close range, then back to being as fit as a fiddle a week later.:confused::blush:
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    stellers wrote: »
    Phil being shot in the chest at close range, then back to being as fit as a fiddle a week later.:confused::blush:

Especially as he has had heart problems. He would have been operated on and would have had at least some pain. Anyone who has ever had an operation will know that it does take time to heal, usually a few weeks. He wasn't even dozy from strong painkillers. What is he, EE's answer to Robocop?
  • Options
    sultanina9sultanina9 Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    Especially as he has had heart problems. He would have been operated on and would have had at least some pain. Anyone who has ever had an operation will know that it does take time to heal, usually a few weeks. He wasn't even dozy from strong painkillers. What is he, EE's answer to Robocop?

Most people recover quickly from being shot in the chest, so it is actually realistic, most people think of being shot a lot worse than it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sultanina9 wrote: »
    Most people recover quickly from being shot in the chest, so it is actually realistic, most people think of being shot a lot worse than it is.

Is it?

Can you post some evidence?

I have even heard you can die from a bullet to the chest (although I may be wrong).

Philth's Lazarus like recovery was another ludicrous example of the pedestal TPTB have him on.

And why his storylines are so very predictable.
  • Options
    sultanina9sultanina9 Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Is it?

Can you post some evidence?

I have even heard you can die from a bullet to the chest (although I may be wrong).

Phith's Lazarus like recovery was another ludicrous example of the pedestle TPTB have him on.

And why his storylines are so very predictable.

Yeah you can but most of the time you wont
  • Options
    sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sultanina9 wrote: »

Seriously???

I banged my big toe on the foot of a chair early this year:blush: and it bothered me for months. Seems like that is worse than being shot in the chest.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously???

I banged my big toe on the foot of a chair early this year:blush: and it bothered me for months. Seems like that is worse than being shot in the chest.:D

:D

I don't care how 'hard' someone is supposed to be you do not recover from a gun blast to the chest and start 'owning' people within 7.4 seconds.

Let alone a middle-aged man with a heart condition (which has been totally forgotten about by TPTB by the way).

There is psychological, physical and emotional damage.

If anyone else was shot we might have seen an interesting storyline about a slow recovery from the trauma - but this is King Philth of course. ;-)
  • Options
    StandByMe89StandByMe89 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon's relationship with Phil after all the Dennis fiasco just doesn't fit right at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon's relationship with Phil after all the Dennis fiasco just doesn't fit right at all.

It is pathetic and she has been turned into the world's greatest doormat.

The thugs he sent to frighten her and his affair with Shirley should have meant she told Mitchell to **** off for good.

Just what would it take for her not to forgive him I wonder?

The mind boggles.
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All mentioned are pretty grim

Worst of the worst for me was probably Alfie & any storyline he is associated with. Really disliking him nowadays.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Kat and Alfie but only because I cannot stand Alfie. The storyline done with someone else would have been fine. Contrast the Aleks storyline which on paper was rubbish worked OK due to his charisma.

I agree.
    Also Sharon's "revenge" and wedding. Dire.
  • Options
    liliroselilirose Posts: 10,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know this may not be very popular but most storylines have suffered due to the Carter dominance. (I don't hate them, but it is too much). Unless it is a Carter story (mainly Mick and Linda) , every storyline takes centre stage for a week or so and then disappears for weeks to end. As a result the story is not told properly and any momentum goes out of the window by the time it makes a reappearance.
    I hope the block story telling will be addressed in 2015.