Will Young (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just heard a gorgeous acoustic version of Hopes and Fears on Eagle radio this morning. - stunning vocal by Will. I love it when he strips it back to just him and a guitar :)
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Is will planned to go on x factor to perform again?

What a better person to mentor and perform then the original Uk singing reality show winner. Someone who has 4 platinum albums and now already on a greatest hits. Now that's a role model you will wanna show to those finalists.
  • AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    Is will planned to go on x factor to perform again?

What a better person to mentor and perform then the original Uk singing reality show winner. Someone who has 4 platinum albums and now already on a greatest hits. Now that's a role model you will wanna show to those finalists.

Don't think he'll be asked back 2 years in a row but I agree he's the perfect role model, although Cowell will never allow his acts the freedom Will has had with his career.

Loved the H&F acoustic performance this morning. Few artists can manage to sing as well with voice enhancements let alone acoustically.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Leona goes there every year so i don't think Will is an exception.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but Leona came out of X-factor and is a huge success for the x-factor brand.

I would love him to do it but I wouldn't want it every year, he's been on the judging this year so maybe he'll do an appearance next year -although I don't know if he'll be releasing then so it's a moot point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know how Hopes and Fears is doing so far? It's only 2 weeks to release but I haven't heard it on any of the music charts very much?
  • PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    It won't be on the charts as yet, as it's not available until the 8th, and then as d/l only. Radio 2 and some commercials have playlisted it, but radio 1 and capital continue to blank him:( I'm not expecting H&Fs to chart tbh. However, I think the Hits will sell steadily in the run up to Christmas, hope it will go platinum.

I'm more interested in his new dance/pop album coming out next year, which includes collaborations with Groove Armada, Basshunter and Calvin Harris. He's been working on it or 3 years, and it's really his 'baby'. I wonder if the 'cool' names will influence the radio playlist compilers:confused:

Either way, he seems relaxed and happy. He's been successful for nearly 9 years, and I'm not expecting him to give up anytime soon:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Puterkid wrote: »
    It won't be on the charts as yet, as it's not available until the 8th, and then as d/l only. Radio 2 and some commercials have playlisted it, but radio 1 and capital continue to blank him:( I'm not expecting H&Fs to chart tbh. However, I think the Hits will sell steadily in the run up to Christmas, hope it will go platinum.

I'm more interested in his new dance/pop album coming out next year, which includes collaborations with Groove Armada, Basshunter and Calvin Harris. He's been working on it or 3 years, and it's really his 'baby'. I wonder if the 'cool' names will influence the radio playlist compilers:confused:

Either way, he seems relaxed and happy. He's been successful for nearly 9 years, and I'm not expecting him to give up anytime soon:)

really, I didn't know he had a dancey album out soon! That sounds really good, can't wait for it! it really frustrating that his music isn't getting played, I think hopes and fears is his best song in ages!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone else heard "History" from the Groove Armada album, yet? Not sure if it directly samples Smalltown Boy, or is just a kindred spirit of, but it's bloomin marvelous... If this is what we've got to expect from Will this year, I can't wait!!!

Infact the whole GA album is amazing!!!
    Forum Member
    McSpanky wrote: »
    Has anyone else heard "History" from the Groove Armada album, yet? Not sure if it directly samples Smalltown Boy, or is just a kindred spirit of, but it's bloomin marvelous... If this is what we've got to expect from Will this year, I can't wait!!!

I've heard it, and I agree, it's great, and Will sounds incredible. Bring on album no. 6:D
  • AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Love it.:D

Something really different from Will, showing his versatility.:D
  • PCRosePCRose Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, the Will track is really good, love it when he does more diverse stuff!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW:eek: I love this track:D
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the you tube:) It's not really a new direction for Will as he's been putting out re-mixes by groove armada and other like Fred Faulke, for ages. Not many people would be aware or have heard them though. A whole album will be interesting!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Puterkid wrote: »
    Thanks for the you tube:) It's not really a new direction for Will as he's been putting out re-mixes by groove armada and other like Fred Faulke, for ages. Not many people would be aware or have heard them though. A whole album will be interesting!

It's a new direction for the songs to start in this form...
  • PCRosePCRose Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had to search this thread out.,

How brilliant that Will is doing a load a summer shows this year!:D

Though I'm hoping for some northern ones, have booked for Sandringham and Tatton Park so far!

Sandringham info on DS:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a207251/queen-backs-will-young-gig-on-estate.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has been announced that Will is singing at the Chelsea jazz club 606 on 12 April. It is only a small place and the tickets were sold within a few minutes! One fan rang the venue and the person she spoke to said that he could fill the place for a week, judging by the vast number of applicants!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see him in this kind of venue. I hear he's doing re-worked jazz classics and 80's material - should be brilliant! Soooo wish I could have gone :(

Still, it's good to have something in the current drought ;)
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I applied for tickets within just a few minutes of the information going up and still got rejected :(
    Really sick as I'd just love to see him in that sort of venue :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he's getting back into it for the summer festivals - we may get another Ronnies if we are lucky - not that I managed tickets for those either :rolleyes:
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was lucky as a Willfan friend got me a ticket for the first Ronnie's gig. Brilliant! I was right in the corner and had a great view - side on and near the door where he went in and out.
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was also very lucky enough to see him at Ronnie Scotts, thanks to a friend, but that's the trouble with him doing these intimate gigs, so many fans are left disappointed when they don't get a ticket. He should do a whole week at one.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very jealous! I was absolutely gutted at not getting the 2nd Ronnies, so if he does do another one then I'm going to camp out at the door :D
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More news and exciting things coming up in the weeks ahead for Will and for us of course.:D
    OS Update 19th March

Will makes a documentary
    During some downtime, Will has decided to try his hand on the other side of the camera.

He's making a behind-the-scenes documentary for Ralph Fiennes new film, entitled 'Coriolanus' and will be updating a site as filming progresses.

OS Update 20th March

Will is still due to announce more summer dates and pre-sales - remember to check back here this coming week for details! :cool: