Options

13 year old boy raped for having crap phone

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,246
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/peckham-teen-raped-boy-13--for-having-a-poor-phone-8710730.html

This is beyond shocking and disgusting. How on earth can 4 years be long enough for the sadistic retard who did it.

'A teenager raped a 13-year-old boy he had intended to rob and then told him he deserved it for not having a phone worth stealing, a court heard yesterday.

The 15-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was sentenced to four years detention after previously pleading guilty to two counts of rape at Inner London Crown Court.

The would-be robber took his victim to the top floor of a block of flats in Peckham, south London, raped him and then slapped him in the face.

During the attack, the complainant repeatedly begged for his attacker to stop because it hurt, the court heard.

He replied: "Good, that's what you get for not having a good phone. I'm going to scar you for life'

Telling him to "do it like a girl", the defendant ordered his victim to remove his boxer shorts and raped him.

Before letting him go, he hit the younger boy in the face and said he would come after him, ordering: "Don't watch who I am".

Asked later by police how scared he had been on a scale of one to 10, the victim replied 10.

When he got home, the boy was crying and got in the bath.

His brother asked what was wrong but got no response.

"His mother came home and saw him in the bath," Mr Eaglestone said.

"She kept asking what was wrong and the victim finally said 'Don't tell anyone, I have been raped'."

In a statement read out to court, the boy's mother said that the rape had changed not only her son's life but that of the whole family.

"My son has changed from being bubbly and lively into a shy and withdrawn young boy - it breaks my heart," she said.."

This breaks my heart for some reason, that poor boy will never be the same again. The attacker will be released aged 19, how can it be justice? Although it doesn't surprise me as rapes by teenagers are never usually taken as seriously as they should be. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be locked up for good if this happened to a son or daughter of mine.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    Hope karma's a bitch while he's inside. Also don't give him anonymity, out him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Hope karma's a bitch while he's inside. Also don't give him anonymity, out him.

According to the article they're considering naming him, I too hope they do as it's an utterly demonic thing to do.
  • Options
    LockesLockes Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    WOW ..........just wow 4 whole years,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 years? Amazing country!
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least he got 4 years, I read about someone who raped his sister more than once and only got taken into care, with no jail time at all! We live near a home for teenage boys, and people wonder why I'm scared to walk that way! :eek:
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well legally he's still a child and was probably tried as a child so the judge probably couldn't give him longer. You'd only hope that he's moved up to an adult jail after that time is up.

If they're considering naming him, that sounds to me like they're not planning on letting him out for a long time
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJM91 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/peckham-teen-raped-boy-13--for-having-a-poor-phone-8710730.html

"My son has changed from being bubbly and lively into a shy and withdrawn young boy - it breaks my heart," she said.."

Poor young lad and family. The physical injuries may heal but I doubt very much the mental ones ever will. The sentence is a joke imo. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well legally he's still a child and was probably tried as a child so the judge probably couldn't give him longer. You'd only hope that he's moved up to an adult jail after that time is up.

If they're considering naming him, that sounds to me like they're not planning on letting him out for a long time

I really think someone as beastly as this shouldn't be released for atleast 10 years to be honest. This guy is dangerous and to do something like this, well I doubt he'll be rehabilitated in just 4 years.

The thing that irritates me about rape sentences for the most part its as if the lifelong mental damage done to the victim just isn't considered. It destroys lives forever and should warrant a life sentence imo. However it's usually a community sentence up to 5 years. Just not long enough at all.
  • Options
    CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Peckham"

Ah yes one of our "enriched" peaceful communities.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least he got 4 years, I read about someone who raped his sister more than once and only got taken into care, with no jail time at all! We live near a home for teenage boys, and people wonder why I'm scared to walk that way! :eek:

Rape by minors is never taken very seriously. It's actually quite rare for a rapist minor to be jailed. I know some young lads who gang raped a girl several years ago when they were around 14 and they got a community sentence and had to pay compensation.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »

No you're too smart to get caught
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Peckham"

Ah yes one of our "enriched" peaceful communities.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJM91 wrote: »

This is beyond shocking and disgusting. How on earth can 4 years be long enough for the sadistic retard who did it.

'A teenager raped a 13-year-old boy he had intended to rob and then told him he deserved it for not having a phone worth stealing, a court heard yesterday.

The 15-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was sentenced to four years detention after previously pleading guilty to two counts of rape at Inner London Crown Court.

The would-be robber took his victim to the top floor of a block of flats in Peckham, south London, raped him and then slapped him in the face.

During the attack, the complainant repeatedly begged for his attacker to stop because it hurt, the court heard.

He replied: "Good, that's what you get for not having a good phone. I'm going to scar you for life'

Telling him to "do it like a girl", the defendant ordered his victim to remove his boxer shorts and raped him.

Before letting him go, he hit the younger boy in the face and said he would come after him, ordering: "Don't watch who I am".

Asked later by police how scared he had been on a scale of one to 10, the victim replied 10.

When he got home, the boy was crying and got in the bath.

His brother asked what was wrong but got no response.

"His mother came home and saw him in the bath," Mr Eaglestone said.

"She kept asking what was wrong and the victim finally said 'Don't tell anyone, I have been raped'."

In a statement read out to court, the boy's mother said that the rape had changed not only her son's life but that of the whole family.

This breaks my heart for some reason, that poor boy will never be the same again. The attacker will be released aged 19, how can it be justice? Although it doesn't surprise me as rapes by teenagers are never usually taken as seriously as they should be. Thoughts?

Hate to be pissy but could you maybe rephrase that a bit, the perpetrator isn't that, I'd just say he's a despicable low life.

Back on subject I hope this scumbag doesn't get immunity, maybe the older boys will make him "do it like a girl" as he vulgarly puts it.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disgusting, poor dude, if this has happened to a child of mine I'd probably get a life sentence because I'd track them down and well....you know.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horrid story.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know rape is horrendous in every case but this one makes me feel especially sick. It's the way the rapist acted that makes me shudder and the phone thing. God. The poor lad.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible for that child, terrible. I don't, can't articulate what I'd feel if it was my child.

But that rapist was a minor, and must have been totally screwed up to do such a thing.

I hope he's psychologically analysed and given counselling - a boy of fifteen, to think that it's okay to RAPE another boy - massively effed up.

I hope it's kept under review, and not necessarily just let out at nineteen.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know rape is horrendous in every case but this one makes me feel especially sick. It's the way the rapist acted that makes me shudder and the phone thing. God. The poor lad.

^ this, there is something particularly sadistic about this. 4 years is a joke; I'd expect any rapist to get far more than that as a minimum.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Reading this today was heartwrenching, that poor boy. Stories like this make me really despair about the state of the people in this world.
  • Options
    peroquilperoquil Posts: 1,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rapist needs taking back up that block of flats and throwing off the roof.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    ^ this, there is something particularly sadistic about this. 4 years is a joke; I'd expect any rapist to get far more than that as a minimum.

If youths have that sadism in them at that age then I fear adulthood
  • Options
    CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    SJ_Mental wrote: »

I wouldn't. I'd use the time he's serving in prison to get everything ready for the 'party' when he's released.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    Poor little mite his life has been ruined.

That scumbag should be named.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is the going rate for a Nokia 3510?