What time do you have your xmas lunch/dinner?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
Forum Member
We have ours quite early, usually about 1.00pm, but I have heard of some people having theirs as late as 6.00pm.

Seriously, I could not wait that long.:o

Comments

• TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    no set time, sometime in the afternoon
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We are going to Mum's - they usually eat dinner at around 4pm but we are going to eat at around 3 today as my daughter would expire if she had to wait any longer (I'll probably have to feed her something before we go anyway!)
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    About 5-6pm in time for watching Xmas telly later on, same time as 'normal' dinner.
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Son, daughter in law and the kids are coming over about 2.00 so it'll be sometime between 2.30 - 3.00. today.
  • WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    I am aiming for about 3pm. However, I am doing all the cooking and not even started yet so probably be later!:D

Not too bothered. Pretty laid back about all this. It will be ready when it's ready.

Merry Christmas and hope everyone enjoys their Christmas meal whatever your having.:)
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WinterLily wrote: »
    I am aiming for about 3pm. However, I am doing all the cooking and not even started yet so probably be later!:D

Not too bothered. Pretty laid back about all this. It will be ready when it's ready.

Merry Christmas and hope everyone enjoys their Christmas meal whatever your having.:)
    You too!

We are having pheasant I believe, bought from the same people we got the great steak deal with last Christmas :D
  • Tamryn29Tamryn29 Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We are going out to eat for the first time ever. My kids are still young (10, 9 and 7) and I always spend most of christmas in the kitchen by myself. In order to spend more time with them this year we are going out for Christmas dinner and our reservation is for 2pm, so 2pm :p merry Christmas everyone!
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Normal routine is presents at midday, lunch at 1ish, then coffee etc watching TOTP then a walk (weather permitting).
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    When it's done depending on how bust I am it could be 2pm or 6pm today it's going to be a late one.
  • SuesSues Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have always had our Christmas dinner dead on 12. That means that we can enjoy the afternoon watching telly, playing with gadgets/toys etc and relaxing. I can't imagine having dinner so late that the whole day is wasted worrying about it. My son is going to his girlfriend's brother's home for Christmas dinner and he said they were having theirs at 3 pm, which, as he has been brought up with early dinners, seems far too late for him. He said he will probably be dead of starvation by then.
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're not having ours till about 6. We've had a great brunch (eggs benedict and buck's fizz) and been for a long walk with the dog. Now having a cuppa, which will be followed by a G&T once we start cooking.

Our turkey crown will only take a couple of hours so we won't need to start cooking until about 2.30. I prefer not to be stuck in the kitchen while it's light, especially on a day as lovely as today.

One of the nicest things about not having guests or being a guest is that we can just please ourselves as to when we do things.
  • PuckyPucky Posts: 4,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine'll be ready in about 40-45 mins. Just waiting for the veg, roasties and parsnips to cook. Steaming the potatoes for the mash.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    it`s normally aimed for 1-2pm and sat down to 4-7pm. my eta today is around 3.30 by the looks.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished eating the main meal. Having a breather, then starting on the trifle. Then tea, chocolate (Lindt 90), and a few biscuits. The main meal took two and a half hours to prepare. It was worth it.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    We don't have a set time (and we never do for normal dinners either as I'm hardly ever in the house) but it'll be in the evening. It'll probably be sometime after 6pm.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    About 7pm.
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4pm just waiting for our table to be seated in the restaurant.
  • mintoemintoe Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have just had ours, now waiting for it to go down to make room for christmas pudding and cream ....yummy!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE Xx
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    it`s normally aimed for 1-2pm and sat down to 4-7pm. my eta today is around 3.30 by the looks.

optimistic as ever :D maybe 5.30.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got ahead of myself today and it was all ready for 12.30. :)
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We will not be having ours to much later, but I have never been a lunchtime eater.
  • morskimorski Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Never really bother with Christmas dinner, we'll just be having our normal tea about 6-7
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    the latest we've ever had christmas dinner probably is 2pm. usually 1pm its all ready :kitty:
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    me and my family just had Christmas dinner it was very yummy
  • bobgobbobgob Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We had ours about 5pm.